chap 14

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“How did you know I was there? I thought you refused to follow me..” Jisun asked Jungmin who entered her room bringing ointment to apply on her bruises.

                “Ah.. I should follow you. I didn’t know you’d really go though I just jokingly said it to you.  Actually, that evening it’s Kyu Jong who told me. He said Young Saeng suddenly appeared in his room and said you’re in danger. Young Saeng was the one who told Kyu Jong to use lemon juice.” Jungmin helped her to sit on the bed, and then carefully put the ointment. But it was hard as Jisun’s long hair was untied. He looked around, and took a pink hair band.

                “Ah.. that’s why you guys suddenly drenched me with lemon juice. If I was not in pain that time, I’d totally slap the one who threw it..” Jisun tied her long black hair so Jungmin can apply the medicine easier.

                “It was Kyujong. Forgive him, but I was sure he tried hard to aim on the invisible thing that held you off the ground. Did you saw how the thing looks like?” Jungmin asked in curiosity. His eyes were looking on Jisun, waiting for the answer.

                Jisun leered at him with a smile. “You really want to know?” Jungmin nodded. “It’s a ghost, long black haired, hoarse voice, with a strong arm which choked me so hard… and got NO FACE.”

                Upon hearing that, his eyes widened. He took a gulp, and continued applying the medicine. “Oh.. Uh..By the way.. did that ghost boy held you on his lap last night? Kyujong told me, but coz I can’t see the ghost, I’d like to hear from you.”

                “Umm.. yeah. That time, I felt so comfortable, you know. Feels like it has been a while I haven’t been hugged like that.” Jisun crossed her arms, with flashbacks on her mind. She can really feel the warmth when Young Saeng rushed to her and held her in the hug, and whispered soothing words. That’s the second time they touched each other. Secured and warmth, a feeling she hasn’t felt for a long time. Though she was injured, being hugged like that seems like a temporary cure.

                But Jungmin snapped it out by pinching her nose. “You’re really.. you can’t even remember this brother carried you till home till his legs trembling?”

                “Ouch!” She touched her nose. “What? You’re jealous? You’re not my boyfriend!”

                “Who’d want to have this mean girl as their girlfriend..” Before Jisun takes a pillow, Jungmin  quickly stormed out of the room. “Sorry!! Haha!” He yelled, then he closed the door.

                “Ah.. crazy..” She rubbed her still-bruised neck. “Hmm.. boyfriend.. why it sounds, weird?” She lied down on her bed, looking at the cream coloured ceiling and thinking.

                Suddenly her cellphone rang. Too lazy to get up, she reached out her hand hardly on the bedside table and took a grab of the phone. Hyungjun’s name was displayed on the screen. “Hello, Hyungjun ah..”

                “Yah Jisun, you’re alright?” Hyungjun asked.

                “Em.. yup. I’m fine. Why?”

                “Did something weird happened?”

                “Nope. Why? What’s going on?” Jisun felt odd.

                “Ah.. that’s relieving. Um.. nothing serious. Just wanna ask you that. So, okay. Bye!” Then the call ends.

                Jisun looked at the screen, which showed clearly the call has ended. “What is with him?”