chap 25

Summer Ghost Boy

After Kyu Jong and Young Saeng’s conversation ended, the same thing happened again to the surrounding. It darkened, everything was in pitch black. But this time Jisun just waited calmly. Until she’s brought to the next vision.

                This time, she’s in the library. The clock shows 3 pm. That was the time when she went to the big tree last time. Standing in front of the counter, she can clearly see Yesun there. But as she guessed, nobody can see her. Then, Jisun walked to the book sections to find whether there’s Young Saeng.

                Slowly, she could hear coughs from the very back of the library. That’s the section for old books. She quickly went there, and saw Young Saeng who was searching for the book Kyu Jong asked for. His coughs were getting worst, and it slowly stabbed into Jisun’s heart. She felt so sad to see Young Saeng who was suffering that time, His face was totally pale. But he kept searching.

                After a few dust-blowing and picking up related books, he finally found the book. The same book she’s been holding on lately upon searching for the anagram’s meaning.

                “Magic In You.” Young Saeng read out the title. Then, he flipped to the last page. Jisun knew what’s at the back of the page. The spell.

                Because it’s dusty, Young Saeng had to blow again. This time, it caused him to cough badly, and then he’s short of breath. But, he still read out the scribbles of spell at the back, which was of course he didn’t know it was a spell. “Black in white, or white in black.. I am in or you are out”. But then his condition got worst. Quickly, he took out his inhaler.

                But suddenly his inhaler flew away from his hand. It fell so far from the place he was standing. Apparently, it landed just next to Jisun’s leg. Fidgeted, Jisun tried to reach for the inhaler, but it’s useless. She’s invisible, and she can’t touch anything. Her heart throbs upon seeing Young Saeng fell down on the floor, trying to breathe as hard as he could while his hands were reaching for the inhaler. However, Jisun noticed that his body was being held back by something that he can’t move anymore.

                Slowly, Young Saeng struggled less because he’s out of air. And then he passed out, lying on the floor helplessly. Jisun cried as she saw him looked lifeless like that.

                “Young Saeng oppa.. wake up. Wake up!! Please..!” Her hands tried to touch his body, but failed. She was terrified, although she knew this was what happened and it’s the reason of why Young Saeng didn’t came the day Jisun waited for him. But she felt so bad that she’s transparent and can’t help the dying Young Saeng.

                What shocked her was that his body suddenly disappeared from her sight. Frozed, she was looking around if anybody noticed that. Because the book section was for old books, people rare come there. And, Young Saeng disappeared without anyone noticed it.

                Once again, the surrounding of the library disappeared. Back to the pitch black, Jisun just stood there, crying.