chap 28

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“Young Saeng is our best friend, and he’s even your classmate, hyung. I was totally at lost on how could we completely forget about him for about a month.” Jungmin told Hyun Joong who was eating his breakfast at his home. He stayed at Jungmin’s house as his parents were not at home. After the recovery incident last night which completely affected Jisun, Jungmin was totally worrying his sister.

                “I didn’t know it either. And when we just realized about it, he’s already gone..” Hyun Joong bit his bread. “How’s Jisun?”

                “She ate her breakfast just now, though only two bites, but it’s better than having an empty stomach. She’s still shocked, I guess. Ah.. Young Saeng hyung. If you’re alive I’d totally hit you coz you made Jisun cry..” Jungmin sighed.

                Then Hyun Joong’s cellphone vibrated. He took it out from his pocket and looked at the screen which notified that he got a message. “Kyu Jong just texted, he said Hyung Jun and him will go and meet Yesun’s father this afternoon.”

                “Her father? Why the circle suddenly getting wider?” Jungmin wondered. He thought Kyu Jong said he’s meeting Yesun.

                “I don’t know too.” Hyun Joong replied.

***

“What do you mean by that? You’re saying I don’t know my own daughter this past month?” Yesun’s father, Mr. Oh raised his voice towards Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun. Even after hearing the story about their friend Young Saeng, it didn’t erases the ridiculous feeling in Mr. Oh.

                “Uhm.. sorry.. it’s not like what you’re thinking. But..” Hyung Jun was lost at his words. He’s totally afraid to see Mr. Oh’s face getting angrier.

                But Kyu Jong quickly cut him off. “We seriously need you to tell the truth. You’re lying if you didn’t notice anything weird on Yesun.” He looked into Mr. Oh’s eyes.

                “By the way, what’s your relationship with my daughter? Are you a student?” Mr. Oh asked him first.

                Kyu Jong was startled when the question being given to him. “Uhm.. we’re related through something you might not be able to imagine. And yeah, I’m a student.”

                “Well then she’s older than you, why you’re addressing her informally? Isn’t her your nuna?” Mr. Oh looked at him back.

                Kyu Jong replied “Because it’s just 2 years..” But Hyung Jun quickly covered his mouth from telling Mr. Oh something that might fire him up, for not respecting her daughter who’s 2 years older than them.

                “..because Yesun nuna is so friendly that we feel she’s younger than us! Haha.. So now Mr. Oh, can you please not avoid our question? We’re running out of time. And Yesun’s going to disappear forever if you don’t help.” Hyung Jun told him. Kyu Jong was amazed at him by how did he finally get the confidence to talk about it, though all the time just now Hyung Jun just severely saving his words.

                Kyu Jong also added, “Yeah..if you still don’t believe us, let’s go to the library now and take a look on the different Yesun.”

                Mr. Oh looked at both of them. Finally, he gained trust from their serious faces after Kyu Jong mentioned about the library. With heavy heart, he sighed. “Don’t need to do that. I’ve observed her myself. But I really didn’t want to admit it. By what you’re saying just now, about that friend of yours.. Young?”

                “Young Saeng.” Kyu Jong replied.

                Mr. Oh continued, “Young Saeng. Yeah.. I didn’t know it would be this serious. And I didn’t know the nightmare I’ve been having lately were real. Seriously, I never wanted to think about it each time Yesun told me about it. She told me every night after she got back from work, but I just ignored her because I really didn’t want this to happen.”

                “What do you mean?” Kyu Jong can’t wait for him to tell the story behind these all.