The First Encounter

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“Hey you want to go karaoke-ing with us?” Heejin asked Jisun who is busy searching for something through the thick books piling on the table.

                “Ah, I want to finish this, so I’m not coming along. Sorry!” Jisun replied, a little bit too loud as the librarian shot her the killer look, which means “keep quiet or I’ll kick you out!”.

                Heejin sighs and just waved her goodbye and quickly leave. Jisun continued searching for the topics required to fill in her assignments for the summer holiday. Actually, she’ll be having tons of free time to finish the assignments in her whole holiday. But she’s not the person who will waste her free time doing assignments where she could enjoy her summer to the fullest. So, in order to achieve her mission, she’s pushing herself to settle up everything before the second week of holiday starts.

                It’s almost 5pm, and the people in the library start to decrease. A few tables around Jisun’s were already empty. Yawning, she did a little stretching before continuing back her work.

                Without her noticing, someone approached her from behind. The carefully stepped foot which doesn’t made out any sound managed to come and stand exactly behind Jisun who got her attentions to nothing but her works.

                “Jisun ah…” a slow but creepy whisper went into Jisun’s ear. She suddenly dropped her pen. Freezed, she rolled her eyes left to right only to see nobody’s around her. At the moment she got all her hair on her neck stand, she forced her cramped neck to look behind. She has set in her mind if it’s ghost, she’ll faint or pretend to faint until the ghost go away.

                “Gotcha!” As she turned her head to look behind, her forehead was flicked.

                “Oww! Oppa!!” Jisun rubbed her soar forehead while looking at her brother angrily. Jungmin laughed upon seeing her pale face.

                “Why is your face like that? You thought I’m a ghost? Hahaha!” Jungmin laughed enthusiastically but only a few moments before the librarian approached him and Jisun.

                “If you’re fetching her home, take her now. You’ve been so loud.” She said to Jisun. Jisun quickly stood up and apologized.

                “I’m so sorry.” Then the librarian went back to the counter. Then Jisun eyed her brother. “You’ll have the share with me to finish these assignments!” Hana closed all the books and pack her things.

                “What? You’re the one who is so excited doing you holiday homeworks..” Jungmin helped organizing the books.

                Still filled with anger, she took the books on Jungmin’s hand harshly. “Why bother so much to fetch me?”

                Realized his little sister is sulking, he smiled to her. Bringing his face closer to her, she looked at her who is averting his eyes. “I’ll treat you ice cream!”

                “Treat me the most expensive one!” Jisun cooled down upon her brother’s offer.

                “Okay I’ll wait for you outside. The librarian can’t wait for me to get out or she’ll kill me with that pen she kept biting on.” Jungmin said, and then left.

                Before leaving, Jisun took the dictionary to put it back on the bookshelf. As she walks along the bookshelf, she suddenly feels cold. Just like the same feeling she had when Jungmin pranked her, so she didn’t give much attention to it.

                Suddenly she can’t move her legs. “What’s happening?” She tried to speak but there seems like something is stuck in her throats so she could barely let out any voice. The coldness surrounds her even more though it’s freaking hot out there. To add more creeps, the usually dark corner looks extremely scarying. As she looks that corner on her left, she never expected to see a male figure standing still facing her. Wearing male student’s uniform, he gave her the dreadful look. With face as white as a ghost should look like, he gives Jisun a completely creepy feeling that she didn’t realized she’s shivering.

                “Can you see me?” He said to Jisun, but Jisun’s tongue is more than twisted. With all her force, she tried to move her right legs. Although it’s clear that her leg is cramped, she tried.  It moves an inch. Due to that, with all her might, she grabbed her bag tightly and ran out of the library without even looking back.

                Inhaling the air as much as she could after running so fast, Jungmin went to her as he’s originally waited for her at the other side of the road. “What happened? You look so pale.”

                “I… I just…” She tried to speak but she extremely short of breath. Jungmin holds her arm.

                “Hey.. You’re sweating a lot. Your body is hot. Are you okay?” Jungmin asked, considering her sister’s face is still pale. She tried to speak, but she’s still in shock. Noticing the sudden change in Jisun, Jungmin squatted down. “Don’t speak. Let’s just go home now.” Like a big brother should be, he gave a piggy-back ride to her due to her wobbling legs.