First kiss on top of a mountain

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

After we got down from the cab, I grew silent. I was not in a bad mood, just a little sad because I knew she couldn't go to Seoul and stay there for long, I knew people at her job, will only make things hard for her had she been found out in this strange arrangement we had about acting in love. Sad that after 7 days we would part ways and probably go on with our separate lives. Alam kong hindi tama na malungkot ako, ni hindi ko pa nga alam kung talaga bang totoo ang feelings ko para sa kanya, kung totoo ba ang love at first sight. She clinged to my left arm and smiled sweetly after I looked at her questioningly. Her eyes told me she was making up for the conversation we had in the cab. She was sorry for reminding me again today that we were just playing. She made me want to live longer, to enjoy my work kahit na madaming sasaeng fans and criticisms na natatanggap ko. First time ko na makaramdam ng ganito, like I was finally home to the person I was supposed to marry. She felt that way since yesterday. Which was why it was easy to joke around kahit na cold ang mukha nya 99.9% of the time, which was why opening up to her was easy.

I put my arms around Irene, tucking her closer to my side as we walked towards the line to the cable car. It was my way of telling her I was alright, pagkaraan ng ilang segundo ngumiti na din ako. She placed her arms around my neck as she faced me, she smiled at me.

"Can I kiss you?" She asked me.

I was a few inches taller than Irene, so kissing me on my cheeks or lips required that she tiptoed. Unless I lowered my self to her height, she needed to say this.

"You can." I said to her smiling as I picked her up from where she stood.

She adjusts herself and kisses me on my lips, wet, slow and torrid. Her tongue brushed my lips, asking for entrance. Her arms around my neck, her legs went to my waist. Para siyang oversized baby na kalong ng nanay nya sa itsura namin or perhaps a Koala clinging for dear life. I can't keep this up, may posibilidad na mamatay ako sa ginagawa namin ngayon as we waited to ride a cable car. One of them is losing air to breathe. I slowly brought her down and continued to kiss her. Her tongue fighting for dominance, which I loved so much. It's making me feel weak, Somi used to be like this. She kissed me fervently, I was a few years older than her, we've met when she was in college and I was just about to graduate from college. Freshman pa lang si Somi, we were a couple of wreck less kids, mostly finding myself aroused by her assertion, definitely my type as Mamou Lai would say, I have a certain type, girls that are assertive and takes control from time to time. Somi had a killer body coupled with a killer smile. She's bubbly and bright, a ball of sunshine. Somi was a hyperactive person, always dancing and jumping around, if you'd ask me I think she could well be Peachy Pie's Maknae and Center of their group.

I studied music and production. Kaya nalinya ako sa pagkanta. Habang si Somi at that time was taking up Contemporary Dance. We have met at our school's Freshman night where seniors welcome them to college life. I was tasked to usher them to their seats, to assist where the bathroom is etcetera. I noticed Somi was uncomfortable with a guy who was shooting his shot at her, I approached them and scared the guy off. Since then, Somi never had trouble especially with Seniors, she was then known to be my girlfriend. Soo-yungie was a little jealous of her like a normal best friend would, in the end though, I found out that Somi already had another boy friend while I trained for SM.

Irene was different though, she's an original visual. Her skin and hair are perfect. She could be a girl group leader and visual of the group. She had a iness to her that's effortless, she didn't need to wear short dresses, tight pants or skirt to leave you to your imagination, her smile and laughter could melt anything this toxic Korean culture has to offer. She's full of aegyo, beauty and wit. Top it off with her kind heart and soul. She could make a garbage bag into something high fashion, that's how beautiful she is inside and out. She could well be a girl group leader. We stopped kissing to catch our breaths.

"What was that for?" I asked her.

"I missed your kiss." She said simply as her face turned cold again.

This girl got me feeling like a psycho. I swear to God, one of these days, pakakasalan ko to. Tahimik lang siya as we waited for our turn to ride the cable car. She clinged on my arms again. Inihilig nya ang ulo nya sa braso ko. Her eyes closed, I pulled her into a tight protective hug, I automatically caressed her hair. Her breathing was even, just like last night when she fell asleep. Hinayaan ko na lang muna siya. The line was just short with 4 people left to board the cable car. In no time, we were up next. Tyempo namang sumigaw si manong nagtatanong kung may iba pang sasakay sa cable car. Startling Irene and waking her from her sleep.

"Kayo na lang ba sasakay?" Tanong ni manong kay Irene in Jeju Dialect.

Irene gave him a nod, dahil obvious naman na kami na lang ang naka-pila. Dire-direcho lang si Irene sa car, she clinged against one of my arms as she alighted the cable car with me in tow.

"Okay ka lang ba mine?" I asked her.

Noticeable kasi ang pagkataranta ni Irene. She was a mess upon alighting the cable car.

"I'm scared of heights." She answered me shakily.

"We could've just hiked up the mountain if this was the case." I said to her.

"No, this is the fastest way we could get there, isa pa andito ka naman sa tabi ko at kung mag-hahike man tayo mas lalong hindi ako makakaakyat." She said as she looked up ahead.

I tried to soothe Irene the entire ride by singing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter