Family Bonding with an Idol

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

Seung-wan and I went back to my house, bitbit namin ang Ingredients para sa lulutuin nya para kay Mommy at Hyeori. Mom greeted us at her garden, she was repotting some of her plants.

"Joo-hyun, hija. Akala ko bukas pa ang uwi mo?" Mom said to me.

I kissed my mom on the cheek before answering her.

"Seung-wanah wanted to spend time with you and Hyeori, aalis na ho siya sabado ng umaga." I said to mom.

"Sya nga? Seung-wannie, mag-iingat ka sa Seoul hija. Salamat for taking care of my Joo-hyunnie for me." Mom said smiling.

"Naku, hindi pa ako nakakaluto ng lunch natin, Joo-hyun, tignan mo nga sa ref kung anong madaling lutuin, lutuin mo na para may lunch na tayo." Mom said to me.

"Ma, ipapagluto daw tayo ni Seung-wanah." I said to mom.

"Naku, hija salamat ha? Sige pumasok na kayo sa loob, malapit na akong matapos dito." Mom said smiling.

"Sige ho Mommy Elise. Ako na ho ang bahala para sa lunch natin." Seung-wan answered mom.

"Si Hyeori ma, asan?" I asked mom.

"Nasa library, gumagawa ng plate nya." Mom said.

"Wala siyang pasok ngayon?" I asked mom.

"Wala, Joo-hyun, naka-limutan mo na ba? Tuwing Thursday at Friday ang free days ni Hyeori sa school." Mom said shaking her head.

"Ay oo nga pala, sorry mom, naka-limutan ko na. Busy kasi ako the last few months." I said to her.

"Sige na, pumasok na kayo ni Seung-wan sa loob." Mom said dismissively.

Seung-wan took my hand, she held my hand as we walked inside our house. Seung-wan saw the family photos sa ibabaw ng isang table, like most people have in their homes. I had a great childhood, growing up with Mom and Dad and my Sister Hyeori. Everything was documented in photos, hundreds of greeting cards from mom and dad which I kept to this day. Dad wrote lengthy greeting cards, he pours out his mind on lengthy greeting cards he sent me on my birthday. The last I have received was his goodbye note, he apologized to me for not staying long enough, for not being able to walk me down the aisle. He says he loves me but everything was taking a toll on him and he saw no light to rescue him. This was hard for me especially having formed a great bond with Dad. Si Daddy ang pinaka-mabait, pinaka-mapagmahal, pinaka-supportive na dad sa buong mundo. I could achieve every dream I had once, that was how he always made me feel. Kaya ako ang lubos na nahirapan nang mawala si daddy. Hanggang ngayon, I still haven't forgotten him and I smile at our memories together.

Which was why I understand Seung-wan, why she chose to smile and not get her mood affected by the death of her close friends, Koo Hara, Sulli and Jonghyun. I get why she pushed through releasing her 6th mini album a month after the death of Koo Hara, why she smiled at the press and her fans BlueMoon. See, our lives will go on even if we suffer from a great loss. Kahit pa magulang mo ang namatay, you have to move forward for the sake of living yours. Just like Seung-wan, the pain never subsided, I never stopped loving my Dad as much as she loved her friends. The only consolation that I feel is that I know Dad was now in a good place, wala na siyang iintindihing problema. Dad died peacefully at a hotel, sa kabilang parte ng isla. We were on a vacation when he died, summer nang magpakamatay si Dad, hatinggabi kung kelan tulog na kami. He neatly left the stack of letters for us by the bedside table, before he drank a lethal amount of benzodiazepines and a glass of whiskey. His heart rate slowed down causing him death. She puts her hands around my shoulder.

"Mine, sorry about your dad." She said to me.

I looked at her and smiled to her.

"No need to apologize, you didn't have anything to do with his death." I said to her.

"Yeah, I know, I mean I'm sorry that I didn't come to debut earlier. Sana matagal na kitang napapangiti." She said.

"Your now is enough mine." I said to her as I gave her a quick and chaste kiss on her lips.

"Yaaaaahhhh!!! Unnie!!!" My sister Hyeori screamed.

"Get a room Joo-hyun Unnieyah!" She said as she covered her eyes.

"Hyeori-yah! It's not like we were having ! It's just a chaste kiss." I said my eye rolling at her.

"Ayshe! Wag mo kong i-corrupt Unnie!" Hyeori said laughing at me.

"Hello Wendy Unnie." Hyeori greeted Wendy.

"Hello, Hyeori-ah." Wendy responded to her.

"Uy, ang dami nyong dalang grocery ha?" Hyeori said eyeing the bags of grocery Seung-wan and I carried.

"Tulungan mo kami, ipapagluto tayo ni Seung-wan." I said to Hyeori,

"Okay, Unnie. Wow! Talaga? Ipapagluto nya tayo? I like Wendy Unnie for you Irene Unnie, buti pa sya pinagluluto ka, hindi katulad ni Oppa Jin, napaka-walang kwenta." Hyeori said.

Saksi si Hyeori sa mga ginawa ni Jin sa akin, siya din ang matagal nang ayaw kay Jin. She said I may as well be with a lesbian, wag lang kay Jin. She was also one of the people who comforted me after breaking up with Jin. I was lucky to have a close bond with my sister, sya ang consistent na nagpapaalala sakin na kumain ako, in fact she would always drop by the school where I teach to have lunch with me. She always brought me my favorite foods.

"Hyeori." Pinandilatan ko ng mata si Hyeori.

"Totoo naman Unnie, walang kwentang boyfriend yung ex mong mukang biik. Di tulad ni Wendy Unnie."

Bagay na nagpa-tawa kay Wendy.

"Biik talaga Hyeori-ah? Chubby lang naman daw sabi ni Irene Unnie mo." Tatawa-tawang sabi ni Wendy.

"Love is really blind, Wendy Unnie." Hyeori said laughing as she walked ahead of us, bitbit ang isa sa mga grocery bags.

"Patingin nga ng picture mine?" Wendy asked me.

"Wala na akong picture ni Jin." I said to her dismissively.

"Wendy Unnie, tignan mo na lang ang sns nya, Jin Ho Bang. Shet Unnie, sobrang baho pati ng pangalan." Hyeori said laughing.

Wendy got her phone out and searched for Jin's sns profile. She laughed after finding it.

"Mine, medyo kailangan mo na atang magpatingin ulit sa mata, baka malabo na paningin mo ulit." She said laughing.

Okay, medyo mas mataba si Jin than chubby. He's borderline obese.

"Enough. You, Hyeori! Tama na mention mo sa ex ko ha?" Pinandilatan ko ng mata si Hyeori.

Agad namang nag-peace sign si Hyeori sabay bwelta ng.

"I was just telling the truth. Seung-wan Unnie is a better choice." She said.

"Oo nga naman mine, I am better suited for you. Tignan mo, may abs at muscles ako." She said laughing as she flexed her biceps and showed off her abs.

"Mine, oo na. Kaya nga sumagot na ako sayo eh diba?" I said to her.

She pulls me in for a hug and quickly placed a kiss on top of my head.

"Sorry na mine, we d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter