Here and Now

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

I was back beside Taeyeon as the emcee called Wendy. Ikinagulat ko na andito din si Soo-young. Wendy introduced herself and said.

"Extra! Extra! Annyeonghaseo! I am Wendy Shon." She said and winked at the people in attendance.

Then Joy followed suit.

"Very very sweet! Peachy Pie-mida I am Joy of Peachy Pie!" Joy said as she shot us an imaginary arrow and then flashed a finger heart before bowing.

One of the things a Korean Idol does where ever they are is greet people by introducing themselves kahit na kilala na namin sila. The thought makes me laugh each time. I looked at Wendy as she spoke announcing first her wishes to keep the identity of the people involved in her announcement. She thanks everyone of us who are here and thanked the BlueMooners who supported her despite her absence last month for a week. Flashes of memory came back to haunt me that day when she left me in Jeju Island. I blame myself for not telling her sooner that our feelings are mutual. Hindi ko alam kung bakit nagpa-tawag siya ng press con. I just wanted this presscon to be over and speak to her. She was looking for someone in the audience, she scans the audience and our eyes have met. 

Nun Matchugo...

Her eyes never left mine, she looks at me and faintly smiled at me before she continued to speak to her BlueMooners and the public. I wasn't paying attention entirely to the things she was saying. She thanks all of the people who supported her and started to tell us why she called this press conference. 

"Hello guys, I called this press conference to announce something, hence the reminder I have had earlier. So eto na nga, let me back track for you guys okay?" Wendy said to the press and the Korean public.

She paused for a little bit and she sighed. She looked over to the audience and smiled at us thoughtfully before she began to speak to us again. 

"So, last month, I took a vacation. Where I have met a woman, she was so nice and she was the muse of the songs I will be releasing next month. She inspired most of the songs I have written on the next full album where Light me up will be included as a title track. The album would be composed of bright, fresh and springy vibe of music, so please watch out for that." Wendy explained. 

She smiled at the press people because she just dropped a hint.

"So, the woman and I became friends. However in the 5 days we have spent together, I fell in love with the said woman. Ayun nga lang, binasted nya ako. So, I am here today to let you guys know that I am a lesbian. Because sooner or later, you guys will find out what my BlueMooners already know. So, rather than have someone out me, I am coming out to you guys. I am lesbian and proud to be one, I have had three ex-girlfriends in the past, the last of them was 8 years ago. Matagal na akong single." She said smiling at the press people. 

I never did that to her, parang gusto ko mag-salita at sumingit sa pinagsasabi ni Wendy. Hindi ko siya binasted blatantly. I told her I couldn't but I am here now to let her know about my feelings. So ayun pala ang iniisip nya, binasted ko siya. Parang ang heartless ko naman sa sinabi nyang ito. I rolled my eyes as she answered some questions from the press. After answering the question, she continued with her story. 

"8 years akong single and the last woman cheated on me. Ilang buwan pa lang ako non as trainee sa SM Entertainment. I cried as I practiced, I cried as I sang songs for evaluation and I even danced crying. This ex I honestly thought, would be my end game. I guess lahat tayo nagkakamali, dahil ayun nga ilang buwan pa lang ako sa SM, nakahanap na siya ng iba. That ex was feisty and she knew how to use fatal aegyo to get wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter