First Night Together

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

Dumating na kami sa Hotel ko, Four Seasons Hotel, Room 703. Sobrang bait ng Mommy ni Irene, we exchanged numbers so I could contact her sakaling mapano si Irene. Irene looked like her mom, her cold and beautiful face, her warm and soft nature she got those from her mom undoubtedly. She must have gotten her brains from her father, although magaling siya sa math, she didn't pursue a civil engineering course dahil sa kagustuhan nyang makatulong sa ibang mga bata. Her sister was nice and welcomed me warmly. Her mother instantly loved me, I could feel it, she even had a nick name for me, she called me Seung-wanie the whole time. Adding an ah, yah or a nie at the end of your name is a common term of endearment from friends and family in Korea. My mom calls me Seung-wanie kapag naglalambing ito sa akin. My sister calls me Seung-wanah when she wants to assert her age on matters that I should entrust to her. My best friend Joy calls me Olaf, after the cartoon character from Frozen. Like Olaf, I was an embodiment of what a true friend and sister is to Joy, I was funny and tend to help her out more than she needed. I always remind her to behave properly during broadcasts, sa Korea very particular ang mga tao sa behavior ng isang Idol Star. You need to be careful not to be too friendly and not to be too snobbish. You need to smile even though you feel uncomfortable of the situation. 

Irene and I just finished getting ready for bed, naka-pyjamas kami pareho. About to sleep when Joy made a video call to me. Tinignan ko muna si Irene, tila nakiki-usap ako na sasagutin ko sana ang tawag ni Joy. Irene grabbed my phone at tumabi sa akin bago nya pindutin ang accept call button. Joy was surprised to see another woman na naka-akbay sa akin.

"Unnie Wendy! Sino yan?" Bungad ni Joy agad. 

"Girlfriend ni Wendy." Irene answered for me. 

"Infairness maganda ka Unnie. Bagay kayo ni Unnie Wendy." Joy said smiling at Irene. 

"Hoy, joke lang yan ni Irene, Joy this is Irene Bae of Jeju. Kaibigan ko. Irene this is Park Soo-yung or Joy Park. Napatawag ka Soo-yung?" I asked her. 

"Hello Irene Unnie, hindi ba pwedeng namimiss na kita Wendy? Nakalimutan mo na bang mag-best friend tayo at nakalimutan mo ding mag-iwan ng lutong pagkain dito sa bahay, alam mong wala akong alam sa pag-luluto. Huhuhu!" Joy said. 

"Hoy vakla ka ng taon, meron akong iniwan dyan, nasa tupperware sa ref madami yan good for a week. Wag kang ano dyan." Sabi ko na kay Joy.

"Ani, ani. Iniwan mo pa din akong mag-isa dito sa bahay. Irene Unnie, alagaan mo ang best friend ko ha?" Joy said.

"I will take care of her Joy, wag kang mag-alala hindi ko papabayaan ang idol ko." Irene said to Joy.

"Wait?! Fan ka ni Wendy Unnie? Ahya! Wendyah, parang kilala ko nga itong si Irene Unnie." Joy said. 

"Huh? Anong ibig sabihin mo?" I asked Joy.

"Irene Unnie, Ikaw ba yung may user name na WenRene4377? Yung laging nag-cocomment kay Wendy Unnie sa social media? Sabi mo pa nga nung nakaraang nag IG-Live si Wendy Unnie with me na she inspires you to move forward with your father's death. Thank you Irene Unnie, very inspiring talaga yan si Wendy Unnie." Joy said. 

Agad namang pinamulahan ng mukha si Irene sa sinabing iyon ni Joy, 77 is my favorite number and I am guessing Irene's favorite number is 43. 

"I uh, uhm. Yeah, that's me. She is truly an inspirational human being." Irene said eventually to Joy.

Ito ang problema kay Joy madalas, she remembers usernames at mga sinasabi ng fans sa comment section whenever we do an IG Live, in fact she remembers the sasaeng fans and fans that says touching words. She appreciates the fans that says touching words and teases me with the sasaeng fan comments. 

"Don't be shy Irene Unnie, masaya kaming mga idol stars na nakakapag-inspire kami ng mga fans namin, I just wanted to check in on Wendy Unnie, thank you for keeping her company." Joy said to Irene. 

"Wendyah, please take care of yourself, I miss you so much Wendyah and thank you for leaving food in the fridge. Sige na Wendyah, maaga pa ang promotion namin bukas." Joy said habang nag-uunat na ito at naghihikab.

"Soo-yungie, mag-linis ka muna ng katawan mo at mag-toothbrush. Kumain ka na ba ng dinner mo?" I asked Joy. 

"Yes, Wendyah. Kumain na ako ng dinner ko pag-dating ko. I already took a bath and brushed my teeth before calling you. I just wanted to know how you are doing. Okay ka naman pala as it seems. Anyway, I have to go. Sweet dreams Wendyah and Irene Unnie." Joy said sleepily. 

"Sweet dreams Soo-yungie." 

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams din." Joy said as she waived to us. 

We waived back to her. Nawala na ang video call, then a second later Joy sent us a screenshot of our video call, may hearts pa na nasa gilid namin ni Irene. She captioned the photo: "You look good together Wendyah. Wag mo nang pakakawalan yan." with a laughing emoji sa huli. 

Rereplyan ko pa sana ito pero she logged out right before I could type a message. Irene was minding her own business, writing on her journal right at this moment. She looks cute right now as she wrote on her journal. I settled in the king sized bed and started to write songs myself while I hummed the melody.

"You got me feeling like a Psycho, Psycho... Hohummmm... Hohummmm... Hohummmm... Like a Psycho, Psycho." I sang softly.

"Psycho..." Irene joined in.

I laughed at Irene, her cold facade plus her saying Psycho was really something funny to me.

"Like a psycho, pschoooooo. Ayan na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter