Afternoon with an Idol

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

Nasa cafeteria kami ngayon, Seung-wan held me in a hug for what seemed like forever. I am not complaining though, her hugs were warm and has melted away all of my fears, worries and inhibitions for this instance, para kaming nasa teleserye, nagyayakapan at siguro nangangarap na hindi na sana matapos ang araw namin. Knowing she had a life waiting for her back in Seoul and I here in the island of Jeju. I reminded her earlier today, not really to offend her but more of a reminder for myself and the stakes I had having agreed to this game. I let her hug me tight, like a fan that I am, I let my idol hug me for a moment. If that would make her feel better, if it would make me feel warm even for a second, old memories I had here with Jin were quickly replaced by the memory of this instance. A fan and an Idol hugging each other warmly.

She eventually let me go, she pulled away and smiled warmly at me as she said.

"I want to sing you a song, it's a new song I wrote. May I have this dance?" She said.

"You may." I said to her.

She pulls me closer to her body, encircled her arms around me as she swayed me.

nun matchugo, son mattaego
nun matchugo, son mattaego
jogeum eosaekage majihaneun achimi
geuraedo nappeujineun anke geureoke boine
Could you begin our strange love?
neoman nareul weonhandamyeon
eonjedeunji dalkomhage achimeul hamkkehae Oh yeah.

She sang the first part as we swayed. Her eyes never leaving mine.

uriye maeum maeum daeul ttae
neoneun museun saenggage
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Uh uh
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Yeah
uriye maeum maeum daeul ttae
neoneun museun saenggage (saenggage)
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Uh uh
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Yeah

Her eyes seemed like it wanted to tell me she loves me, like an illusion of a delusional fan.

nareul ankko shipdamyeon naege malhae jweo
naye mune deureooryeomyeon naege useo jweo
sonppadageul mattaego shimjangi teojil jeongdoro (Oh yeah)

nun matchugo, son mattaego (Hoo hoo)
nun matchugo, son mattaego (Hoo hoo)

Eh yeah yeah yeah oh

She smiled tenderly at me as she sang these verses, her eyes pleading.

byeolcheoreom binnaneun uri dureun eojjeomyeon
myeot beonigo seuchigo neukkigo jinacheonna bwa
Could you begin our strange love?
jigyeoul jeongdoro nal
eorumanjeo jweo manjeo jweo manjeo jweo Yeah

maeum maeum daeul ttae
neoneun museun saenggage
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Uh uh
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Yeah
uriye maeum maeum daeul ttae
neoneun museun saenggage (saenggage)
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Uh uh
ppajeo beoryeosseo? Yeah

The look in her eyes as she sang these verses to me looked like a mixture of bitterness, excitement and love, if she was to ask me to run away, now would probably be the time to ask me.

nareul ankko shipdamyeon naege malhae jweo
naye mune deureooryeomyeon naege useo jweo
sonppadageul mattaego shimjangi teojil jeongdoro

nun matchugo, son mattaego (Hoo hoo)
nun matchugo, son mattaego (Hoo hoo)

She locked my hands intertwined with hers habang pinaikot nya ako and hugged me from the back as we continued to sway, hands locked.

eotteon daneodeuldo
uril pyohyeon mot haji
naega aneun ujudo
urireul chukbokae (Oh)

uri ane Circle-reul mandeureo
maeilmaeil geureoke doldaga muldeureo
(neowa naega neowa naega
neowa naega neowa naega)

dalkomhan nun ko ipsullo Hoo hoo
uriye maeum maeum maeum maeum
(nun matchugo, son mattaego
nun matchugo, son mattaego)

She sang these verses, swaying me as we held hands, swayed and hugged from the back, she sways me one more time, spins me with our hands still locked as she sang these verses.

(Whoa) nareul ankko shipdamyeon naege malhae jweo
naye mune deureooryeomyeon naege useo jweo (useo jweo)
sonppadageul mattaego shimjangi teojil jeongdoro
(sonppadageul mattaego shimjangi teojil jeongdoro)
nun matchugo, son mattaego (Hoo hoo)
nun matchugo, son mattaego

nun matchugo, son mattaego
nun matchugo, son mattaego
nun matchugo, son mattaego
nun matchugo, son mattaego

She looked into my eyes as we had our hands locked into a hold. I don't know what to think of it, I don't want to think about it, but her soft voice sounded peaceful, pleading and all the mixed feelings one would get. Her eyes were confusing me, it was enough to make me wish she didn't have to go back or that I didn't have kids to teach in school. Maaring mawalan ako ng lisensiya sa pagtuturo sakaling may maka-alam ng tungkol sa amin ni Seung-wan. She smiled eventually and spoke to me as she still held me in a hug.

"You are the muse of that song, ang title ng song na ito ay Eyes locked, Hands locked because I love the way your eyes look at me and how your hands fit mine." She said to me.

"Thank you, Wendy-ah. For making me the muse of that song. It's beautiful." I said to her.

"Welcome, mine." She said as she placed a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled at what she did, she speaks again and said.

"What do you usually eat for snacks dito sa cafeteria ninyo?" She asked me.

"They have a delicious Tteokbokki and Chicken Popcorn here, must try din yung Gyeranbbang nila dito." I said smiling at her.

"Great, ano pa? Wala na bang iba?" She asked me.

"It's a surprise, maupo ka na, ako na ang magoorder ng food para sayo." I said smiling at her.

"Magmumukbang ba tayo mine?" She said laughing.

"Great suggestion! Kailangan mong kumain ng madami pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter