A month

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

It has been a month since Wendy left for Seoul. She continued her life and I was left here in Jeju wondering our might have beens at iniimagine ang mga pangarap ni Wendy. I've tried as best as I could to chronicle my daily life with out her, often taking photos of the sky or perhaps the river flowing freely into a horizon of uncertainty. It's been the hardest month for me, probably harder than finding out Jin was cheating on me. Wendy was a warm person, unlike Jin who was cold and treated me miserably. Wendy treated me well, she was sweet and thoughtful during those days we spent together. Nagkukulong ako sa kwarto ko ngayon, it was already summer and school is over. I've been crying myself to sleep, kahit ako naman ang umayaw kay Wendy. She posted updates on her instagram. Must be her manager because she hasn't sent a message for a month now, I know she's busy, base na din sa mga appearances nya sa mga music shows. I'm not myself lately and mom was taking notice. I thought to myself that I am fine, ayos lang ako at hindi ako dapat nag-iiyak. Kase walang kami, walang kahit ano between us ever.

These were the things I have been thinking when suddenly a knock was heard at my door. Tatlong knocks lang and the door opened. It was Mommy, she looked at me as I sat up in bed. She smiled worriedly before she took a few steps towards my bed. Naupo ito sa tabi ko and pulled me to a side hug before she spoke to me and said.

"You've been holing yourself up in here, anong nangyari sa inyo ni Seung-wannie?" Mom asked me.

"I have a difficult situation Ma. First things first, will you promise me you won't get mad at me?" I asked mommy.

"Oo naman, tell me what's bugging you, did Seung-wannie hurt you?" Mom asked me.

"Ani, ani ma. She didn't. I was the one who did. But let me tell you first the circumstances I am in okay?" I said to Mommy.

"Go, fire away." She smiled at me lovingly.

"I met Seung-wan at a café that same day I brought her here. Hindi ko siya nakilala na siya pala si Wendy Shon. My idol, it was because of her blue colored hair. Anyway, tinanong nya ako if I could act in love with her to which I said yes, we were just playing a game ma, however I am torn whether to give her a chance, nag-tapat na siya sa akin before sya umalis, I had to turn her down because I am still teaching, now I don't know anymore ma, I don't know if I should continue teaching or follow my heart." I sighed at mom.

"First of all my lovely baby, I appreciate you for telling me the truth between you and Seung-wan, it made me proud that I have raised you well, that you have been taught good values. Pangalawa, I would suggest that you follow your heart, because nothing will be worth risking unless you find out for yourself at kung sakali mang mawalan ka ng lisensya sa pagtuturo you can help your sister manage our business. I don't want you to be scared of love, because once you find the right person, it's hard to not follow your heart. I assume she is a good person and will never hurt you. So wag kang matakot na sumugal para sa pag-ibig. Joo-hyun, I want you to remember that everyone goes through that, tulad namin ng daddy mo. In the beginning your Lolo and Lola were against your father, dahil galing siya sa isang magulong pamilya, my father had reservations, baka daw sasaktan ako ng daddy mo. It wasn't until I gave birth to you did they accept the reality that your father and I were in love. Ikinasal kami noong isang taong gulang ka na. You were the blessing for your dad and I to get married. Mine was family and you, the only thing you would lose when you follow your heart is your job and the parents of those kids. You still have us your family, we can work something out for you, you don't ever have to worry." Mom said smiling.

"You really are Wonder Woman ma." I said hugging her back.

I didn't know that my mom's parents were against dad, they were always kind grandparents. They showed dad love and compassion in my own opinion.

"Now, you can go see her tomorrow. May number ka naman nya at may social media din naman siya." Mom said.

"I will go to Seoul tomorrow and find her." I said to Mom smiling.

"Great, now you need to eat something, you haven't had lunch or breakfast. My poor baby, you must have been worried about this for a while now." Mom said as she tucks away a stray hair that fell down the sides of my face.

"Okay ma, gutom na din po ako." I said to mommy.

"Okay, bumaba ka na. Naka-ready na ang dinner natin." Mom said smiling as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter