Wendy Shon

The Singer's Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

Popular that's one word to describe me. Has anyone asked me if I wanted to become a popular balladeer? No one have and yet here I am aware of my circumstances, I say circumstances because this was not my plan. I am Wendy Shon or Son Seung-Wan in real life, I am more popularly known by my stage name Wendy Shon. This is the story of how I met her. The woman who owns my heart. But first let me tell you how I became a balladeer. Ever since I was a child, I wrote poetry about my parents, my father died long before he met me, I never got to know who he is. He died when I was 6 weeks in my mother's belly. A lot for a single mother that lost her husband. My mother was hardworking, she was an H.R. Director, she retired early once she have had her own café in Seoul. I was 20 when I auditioned for SM Entertainment, I got picked along with my best friend Joy or Park Soo-yong in real life, our vocal coach gave her the name Joy because she has a bubbly voice. Joy and I trained to become a singer for a girl group they would launch soon. One year became five years and I never debuted with a girl group, Joy would debut with Yeri, Arielle, Mandy and Bella as the girl group Peachy Pie, I was supposed to debut with them but instead Mr. Lee Soo-Man had debuted me as a soloist, a balladeer to be exact. My first single was a collaboration with an international artist, the track was called Written in the Stars. My own solo debut was entitled Wendy in the stars. I know who ever thought of this mini album has got to be a little crazy, the mini album included the first track I mentioned as well as another ballad song entitled Only You an upbeat ballad. All of my songs had become OSTs or Original Sound tracks for Korean Telenovelas or Movies. Which was why I was dubbed as the OST Queen of SM Entertainment.

Mr. Lee Soo-Man was a strict man, albeit since I debuted he was more lenient with me. I was the apple of his eyes, he loves me so much and treats me as if I am his daughter, his wife died right before I debuted, prompting changes in his plans for my career, his wife Miss Kim Eunjin was fond of me, gustong gusto nya ang boses ko, she requested to hear me sing her some ballad songs from time to time. Mr. Lee Soo-Man never said no to her, I couldn't as well because she was a nice woman. She was like my Auntie, anyway going back Mr. Lee had realized that my voice stood out among the trainees, I had a 'Golden' Voice as he would say, he heard me sing my original song Written in the stars one time as I holed up inside a practice room. I played the piano as I sang my song. Deviating away from the piece he wanted me to practice. I was tired of singing songs from other artists so that one time, I decided to sing my song I have been writing during my vacant time. Before I knew it, he heard my whole performance, he clapped his hands as I was sitting by the window, my back turned against the door. I had to turn to see if it was Joy or Yeri trying to tease me.

So to speak, he liked my original song and had me record the song with an international artist John Legend, thus the birth of my career as a balladeer / songwriter began. I have recently made a comeback after a few months of working in the studio writing and recording songs, my latest full album had just been released, although there are a lot of things needed to be done for promoting my album, I have asked Mr. Lee if I could take a vacation citing I worked hard over the last 6 years, never took a vacation and busied myself in producing him hit after hit of songs. I also cited that I needed to escape the glitz and glamour of showbusiness even just for a few days for my own mental health. I wanted to go to Europe, but he wouldn't allow me to go, we settled for Jeju Island off the south coast of the archipelago. This is my first day in the island I already miss my whole prod team. The people who I worked with for the last 6 years. Anim na taon na din akong broken chos! Anim na taong walang pahinga sa pag-sulat at sa pag-bibigay ng ligaya sa mga fans ko. I am sure they would understand that I needed the time to myself.

I was sitting at a crowded café, my hair was shorter than it had been, dyed it color blue as well, my favorite color ever. In fact my fandom name is called BlueMoon, Blue because I love the color Blue and Moon because they are like my Moon in the darkest nights I had. It could also mean they are 'extra' because they really are. Some of my fans would go through lengths to cheer me up, no matter how extreme, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter