CHAPTER SIX

In Love With You

[CHAPTER SIX]

 

 

“What… why? What’s happening?” You asked.

“I do not agree with this.” Jaejoong blurted.

“We haven’t even said anything yet, Kim Jaejoong.” His father said.

“What do you mean really?” Jaejoong’s mother asked his husband.

“That’s why we gather here to talk about it. We planned this merger a few years ago, and we think that it’s time to start working on it.” Your father said.

“Okay, tell us what your plan is.” Your mother demanded.

“Okay, so we agreed that we make this promise through an engagement. However, we know that it should not be all business. JaeRin and Minho, although they can be engaged now, we don’t want them to think that we’re using their relationship as a guarantee for this merger.” Your father explained.

“So, we think that Jaejoong and YoonJi can…” Jaejoong’s father was not able to continue, when Jaejoong interrupted…

“We just met an hour ago, and now you’re telling us this?” Jaejoong said.

“Wait… what does this have to do with me? Abeoji, what is happening?” You asked, politely.

“Wait, so YoonJi-ah, my sister will be engaged to Kim Jaejoong?” You brother spoke.

“WHAT?!” You exclaimed. “So.. so the reason why you want me to go home was this?” You asked.

“Of course not, honey.” Your mother said to you.

“But is that true umma? I’m going to get engaged with someone I barely know?” You asked, shocked and confused.

“If this is about Jaejoong not having a girlfriend since birth, don’t worry I’ll be setting him up for blind dates, I know many people, so don’t force him to get engaged, okay?” Jaejoong’s mother told his husband.

“Mom, Jae never goes to those blind dates.” JaeRin said. Jaejoong sighed. “And what is the point of going?” Jaejoong said.

“We haven’t finished explaining yet…” Your father said.

“But, the engagement is not going to happen… yet.” Mr. Kim continued. “We told you this now so we can prepare, actually we arranged this meeting for Jaejoong and Miss YoonJi to meet and to tell them that we have plans for them.” Mr. Kim said.

“But why does it have to be Jaejoong and YoonJi, why not me and Minho?” JaeRin asked.

“We already said, that we don’t want you guys to think that we’re using your relationship as a guarantee.” Your father said.

“So, you will be using me and Lee YoonJi as guarantee instead?” Jaejoong said.

“We didn’t mean that..” You father said. 

“What exactly are you talking about, dad?” You asked.

“YoonJi-ah, don’t think that this is the reason why we want you to come home, but because we truly miss you.” You father said to you.

“I know dad. So, what is this engagement thing?” You asked again.

“You are not going to get engaged yet.. we just want to introduce you to the Kims. And we planned that you and Jaejoong are going to get engaged someday.” Your father answered.

“Someday?” You said. Your mother sighed. “I have no objections, just not too soon, okay?” She said. “Umma!” You exclaimed.

“Well this is to help my son, Kim Jaejoong to go out of his shell.” Jaejoong’s father said.

“Yes, Jae.. you have to meet girls like YoonJi… you should start dating, you’re 23 now.” Jaejoong’s mother said to him.

“Oh… Jaejoong-ssi never had a girlfriend before?” You suddenly asked.

“Never, YoonJi-ah. Trust me, never.” JaeRin said with a sigh.

“I can help him.” You said.

“What? Are you agreeing with this?” Minho asked.

“Yes, I have many friends that I can introduce to him. I wonder if they’re still single though..” You said.

JaeRin and Minho laughed, the elders laughed. Jaejoong just looked at you like you were some random person, but then he chuckled at your silliness.

“It’s you stupid.” Your brother said. You blinked at him.

“They’re suggesting that you, Lee YoonJi date my brother, Kim Jaejoong.” JaeRin said with a giggle.

“Oh… WHAT?” You’re really confused now. Jaejoong chuckled again, knowing where this talk will go, he already knows what the elders meant.

“If you and Jaejoong works out, then you will be engaged to him and that will be the promise for our merger. Although, if it does not work out we will still push through with this merger, it has been our dream to become one and we trust each other.” Your father said.

“And I am just trying to help my son to have a life. I think this is the best opportunity.” Jaejoong’s father said.

“Yeah.. thank you abeoji…” Jaejoong said with sarcasm.

“You’re welcome son.” Mr. Kim replied, taking a sip from his wine.

JaeRin and Minho laughed. “So, is this settled?” JaeRin asked.

“I just have to date him right?” You asked.

“Yes, maybe we can try and let this work.” You mother said and Jaejoong’s mother agreeing with her.

“Jaejoong doesn’t like anyone, obviously.. so we might as well give him a little push.” JaeRin said.

“Oh…” You said, looking down, blankly at your empty plate of Tiramisu cake.

“Do you want more Tiramisu?” Minho teased.

“No…I” You were unsure of what to say. You wanted to do this, but it seems like it is against your will also.

“Do you like someone Ji-ah?” Your brother asked. You were silent.

Your mother gasped. “So, you like someone else, YoonJi-ah?” She asked.

You looked up. “No…” You whispered.

“Do you like Park Yoochun?” Your brother blurted. “WHAT?!” You exclaimed.

“Park Yoochun? Jaejoong’s friend?” JaeRin asked.

“Park Yoochun… heir of Park Global Finance?” You father asked, shocked.

They were all waiting for your answer, and you said, “No..” They all sighed in relief. Jaejoong blinked at you.

“Yoochun is Kim Jaejoong’s friend?” You asked smiling at Jaejoong.

“Yes, we’re friends.” Jaejoong said.

“Best friends. They’re tight.” JaeRin added. Minho laughed.

The dinner meeting ended at that, both families agreeing to the plan, you and Jaejoong decided to give it a shot, for your family and for the company. You were happy you have made a new friend. You exchanged phone numbers and decided to be friends. Jaejoong was so glad that you are not like the other girls who are so desperate to get to know him and go out with him who he obviously just ignores. You asked him if it’s alright to be friends and he gladly accepted. It was still awkward for him, and it was awkward for you too, but he noticed that you were trying hard to act natural, so he decided to act natural with you too. But both of you have one, same thought….

“I’m doing this for my family and the company.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When you arrived home you immediately called YooRin to tell her what happened.

“Lee YoonJi, what are you saying?” YooRin asked, confused after you told her about the merger, the promise engagement, and Jaejoong.

“I think we should meet soon so I can explain it to you clearly.” You said.

“Yes we should. You have to tell me every single detail. And this Kim Jaejoong guy, he is interesting.” YooRin said.

“Okay. Go to sleep, it’s late.” You said.

“Okay umma. You should too goodnight, I love you.”

“Bye.” You laughed before hanging up.

You were already in your pajamas, you were ready to sleep, you want to sleep, but something is preventing you, the thought is bothering you.

“Is it right for me to do this?”

“I should not think so much about it. I should be thankful he wanted to be friends with me.”

The thought of having a new friend brought a smile on your face. You didn’t think about anything anymore and soon you were in deep slumber.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong felt exhausted, when he came home from the dinner meeting he still had to check the file Yunho sent him, it’s the most important thing to him right now. They’ve been working on a proposal for the project they will be handling in Jeju.

Jaejoong sighed as he finally lay on his bed….

“I seriously think I know that girl…”

“She reminds me of that girl I met when I was a kid…”

“But why…”

Jaejoong’s eyes were getting heavy and a minute later he fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------

The next day…

“Finally..” Junsu sighed as they exited the conference room.

“Success Jaejoong-ah!” Yunho said as he gave the other man a shove.

Jaejoong laughed. “Thanks guys.” He said.

“We should celebrate.” Changmin said.

“I’ll treat you guys. I missed eating with my friends.” Yoochun said.

“Yay! Yoochun-hyung I’m so glad you’re here now.” Changmin said.

“When is this going to start anyways?” Junsu asked.

“We need talk to the team in charged with this and make plans with them.” Jaejoong said.

“Okay, we’ll do that later. Let’s go for lunch first.” Yunho said. They all agreed.

“You guys going out for lunch?” Minho asked showing up behind them.

“Yeah hyung, wanna join us?” Junsu asked.

“No thanks I have a date.” He replied with a laugh.

“Oh… I’m so jealous.” Changmin said.

“Get yourselves a girl soon okay?” Minho said to them before leaving.

The boys were on their way out when Yoochun spotted you. “YoonJi-ah?” He called.

You turned and saw him. “Yoochun-ah!” You walked to him. “Hi.” You said.

“What are you doing here?” Yoochun asked.

“I’m hungry.. Minho-oppa has a date with JaeRin-unnie, YooRin is having lunch with her parents, my parents can’t have lunch with me because they have important meetings, and I don’t want to eat alone at home… I can only think of you now…” You explained. Yoochun laughed.

“How did you find me here?” He asked.

“Minho-oppa told me. Are you busy?” You answered.

“I’m actually going out for lunch too, but I have company…” Yoocun said, pointing to the guys behind him.

“Oh..” Then you noticed Jaejoong was standing there looking at you.

“Hi, Kim Jaejoong-ssi.” You said to him. He greeted you with a nod. You smiled. “Hello.” You greeted the other guys.

“You must be Lee YoonJi. Hi, I’m Kim Junsu.” Junsu said, extending his hand to you. You shook it.

“I’m Shim Changmin, free, available, single.” Changmin said. You blinked at him, then smiled.

“Nice to meet you Shim Changmin-ssi. Are you in need of a girlfriend?” You said.

“Yes why, are you going to volunteer?” Changmin asked, surprised and happy.

“No, but I have friends, I will give you their numbers if you want me to.” You replied.

Changmin was dumbfounded, Yoochun hit him in the head, and the others laughed.

“I’m Jung Yunho.” The tall handsome guy said. “Hi.” You smiled.

“How do you know Jaejoong-hyung?” Junsu asked.

“We just met, and we’re friends now, right Jaejoong-ssi?”

“Yes.” Jaejoong said. He gave you a slight smile, you smiled back.

“You’re so unfair hyung, how are you one step ahead of us.” Changmin said glaring at Jaejoong.

You laughed. “You guys are called DBSK right?” You asked. “Yes! How did you know?” Junsu asked.

“Yoochun talks about you guys a lot. I am honored to finally meet the Princes.” You said.

“Awww, we are glad to finally meet you too.” Changmin said.

“And what have you been telling her Park Yoochun-ssi?” Yunho glared at the other guy.

Yoochun just laughed. “Is it okay if YoonJi joins us for lunch?” He asked, instead of answering Yunho’s question.

“Of course!” Junsu said.

“Yay! Thank you.” You smiled at them. Jaejoong chuckled. “Okay let’s meet at the usual.” Yunho said. They walked to their cars and left one by one. You were debating with yourself if you will ride with Jaejoong or Yoochun, but when you saw Jaejoong’s car drove off, you just went with Yoochun.

“Jaejoong-ssi doesn’t talk much.” You said when you got in Yoochun’s car.

Yoochun chuckled. “He just have nothing to say. But he is a dork.” Yoochun said.

You looked at him curiously. “Trust me, Kim Jaejoong is a dork.” He said with a laugh.

You still don’t believe him.

“Well sometimes, he talks a lot, he is like a kid, and sometimes he is ice cold. Kim Jaejoong is weird.”

“Hmmm… I see.”

Soon you arrived at the famous Italian restaurant. You saw the boys laughing.

“Hey guys! Over here.” Yunho called you and Yoochun.

“Hyung! Look who we found.” Changmin said.

You looked at the unfamiliar face laughing with Jaejoong and the others.

“Hi.” The beautiful girl said when she noticed you and Yoochun.

“Yah..” Yoochun was surprised to see her. Jaejoong was laughing.

You smiled, not knowing what to say…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys~ i really had a hard time writing this chapter, i don't know why... OTL 

i really hope you like it though... haha is it crappy?

i will work hard on the next chapters... ^^

the next chapter will be up soon :D

comments?

thank you <3