CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

In Love With You

 

[CHAPTER 17]

 

“Oh you’re back… and you bought a cake.” Your brother said, he was resting on the couch.

“Hi oppa. Jaejoong gave it to me.” You placed the box on the table. “Eat some oppa.” You said before you went up to your room, still bothered by Jaejoong’s reaction and everything.

You sighed as you plopped yourself on your bed. Then you sat up as you noticed a fancy envelope on your desk. You walked to your desk and picked it up. It was silver and the writings are gold.

“Oh.. are invitations really made like this… so beautiful and elegant..” You opened it.

 

 

To: Ms. Lee YoonJi of YJ Group

You are invited to..

KIM CORPORATIONS ANNIVERSARY PARTY

COME AND CELEBRATE OUR 40 YEARS OF BEING ON THE TOP

Place and Time: XxxXxxX Hotel VIP Party Hall. 7:00 PM

Thank you and we are expecting for your presence.

Fr: KIM CORPS.

 

 

“Oh party… tomorrow…”

“Did you see it? So yeah… we have to attend.” Minho blurted out of the blue.

“Oppa! Why do you always appear out of nowhere?” You exclaimed.

Your brother laughed. “I can see you wear a dress again.” He said giving you a teasing look.

“Pfff! I can wear anything I want.”

“No you can’t, we’re going to a party. A VIP party.”

“So? It doesn’t say anything about wearing a dress.” You argued.

“It’s implied. And of course you have to wear a dress it’s a party for vip business people.”

“Do I really have to attend? I mean I’m not even part of the company yet.”

“Yes you have to attend. You’ll meet many business people soon, so why not start getting acquainted to a few now?”

You sighed.

“You have to attend Ji-ah… parents’ orders. And they even sent you an invitation. It says… ‘we are expecting for your presence’. Your brother said giving you a teasing look again.

“Fine… but do I really have to wear a dress? I’m not used to it.” You pouted.

“If you don’t then you will be the only one there not wearing a dress.”

“Okay then… I will wear a dress for your sake.” You replied.

“It’s for your sake too.” He said as he messed up your hair.

“Yah..” You pushed his hand away.

“And you will be the prettiest girl there. Trust me.” Your brother said as he pinched your nose.

“Hmm… not JaeRin-unnie?” You teased. Minho chuckled.

“JaeRin is beautiful.” He replied. You laughed. “I know.”

“But trust me… you will be really pretty tomorrow Ji-ah. Don’t worry too much, okay?”

“Thank you oppa!” You hugged him tight.

“I haven’t seen you wear a dress in ages.” He said.

“Tomorrow you’ll see.” You replied.

“And by the way… mom bought dresses for you already, you just have to pick one that you would love to wear for tomorrow.”

“Really?”

“Yeah they’re in your closet. I’ll go now, I still have to do something.”

“Oh okay oppa.”

Your brother left and then you ran to your walk-in closet. You gasped in amazement, there was a rack of new dresses just below the rack of blazers you have. Then you opened your shoe rack, there just beside your collection of converse is a pair of pretty black stilettos that you know you will never ever wear in your life. Then you noticed a note on one of the drawers…

“I know you will never wear the stilettos… so… open the drawer and you will see.” –MOM

You opened it, it was empty before, but now there were flat shoes, ballet flats, and doll shoes. They were all in different designs and colors; it was cute just looking at them. You liked them. You had to thank your mom for these. You love flats and you hate anything with heels.

“Umma knows me too well. But why buy so many.. I won’t be able to use all of these.” You said with a smile.

“So which one should I wear…?” You asked yourself as you scanned the row of new dresses in your closet. You sighed. “Will decide tomorrow, I’m too tired now.”

---

“Oh Jae you’re back! Hi.”

“Hi noona.” Jaejoong replied.

“Where have you been?” His sister asked.

“Just somewhere.”

“You don’t want to tell me again…”

“I’m sorry noona, I’m just tired.”

“Oh, you should rest now then. Big day tomorrow.”

“I know… the party.” Jaejoong said with a sigh. Then he went up the stairs.

“You’re really weird! Did something happen? Tell me!” JaeRin called out after him.

Jaejoong just waved his hand indicating that he’s too tired to talk right now and he will tell her later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day of the party. It was 4 in the afternoon and you still haven’t decided on what dress to wear.

You hated it but you convinced yourself that you will wear the stilettos just to show your mother how you appreciate it. It’s an important event after all and you wanted to look taller too.

“Just for today… just for today… mom bought it, it will be such a waste if I don’t wear it. It looks pretty too, but I hate them because they kill my feet.” You breathed in and out as you stared at the black pair. “Just for today…” You grabbed the stilettos.

After another hour an outfit finally caught your eye. You smiled and looked at it. “I like this.” You hurriedly changed into it. You don’t have enough time, it was 6 already. You applied very little makeup mainly lip-gloss, since you don’t like coloring your face that much. You fixed your hair and just naturally let it flow like that, it was already perfect. You slipped in your shoes, grabbed your bag, and you were ready to go. You glanced at your silver wrist watch.. it was quarter to 7, you immediately left your room and rushed down the stairs.

“Ouch! It hurts already!!” You stared at your feet. “Is it too late to change now?”

You relaxed when you saw your brother sitting on the couch, patiently waiting for you in his tuxedo.

“Oppa..”

Your brother smiled as he looked at you. “See you look pretty… so pretty.” He said.

[Your clothes] 

                                                 

 

“Thanks. You look dashing oppa. I also missed seeing you like this.” You replied.

“I know. Mom and dad are already there. Let’s go?”

You nodded. He grabbed his keys, you followed behind him. You were struggling a little because your feet hurt already.

Minho looked at your feet. He chuckled. “Are you sure about that?” He asked pointing at your shoes. “I can endure it.” You answered before getting on the car. Minho shrugged and went to the driver’s seat.

---------------------------------------

“Wow, your father invited many popular people today.” Yunho said.

“Yeah, it’s a special day for the company.” Jaejoong said.

“Yeah, it would be more fun if they invited popular celebs too and not just popular business men.” Junsu said.

“So you can meet beautiful and popular girls?” Changmin teased.

“Shut up. But that’s true.” Junsus sighed. “I need to find a girlfriend seriously, so my parents will stop arranging blind dates for me.” He said.

“Same here. Those girls we meet in blind dates are just .. I don’t even wanna say it.” Changmin said.

“Yoochun-ah! You’re late..” Yunho said, when Yoochun approached them.

“Hi… yeah, traffic.” Yoochun replied. Yoochun smiled at Jaejoong when they met eyes. “Congratulations Jae!” Yoochun shook his hand. “Thanks.” Jaejoong replied. Jaejoong thought a lot about it last night and he decided to not be bothered about it since he knows that you and Yoochun are almost like siblings, so it was really nothing. But he needs to sort his feelings out.

“I don’t see Minho-hyung.. and it’s starting soon.” Junsu said.

“He’s just here somewhere or maybe he’s not here yet.” Yunho said.

You can just imagine how handsome DBSK is standing there in their tux right?

 

“Should we go in? The reporters are done taking pictures, right?” Changmin said. He was already tired of the flashing cameras everywhere.

Then the reporters went crazy again as another round or cameras flashing begins.

“Yeah we should go in.” Yoochun said.

“I’ve been looking for you guys!”

“Hi HeeJoo-ah.” Junsu said.

“You look beautiful.” Changmin blurted.

“Thanks. You guys look amazing.” HeeJoo replied.

“Thank you HeeJoo-ah.” Jaejoong said. HeeJoo smiled. “Oppa, father is looking for you.” She said to Yunho.

“Oh.. I’ll go find him.” Yunho left.

“Let’s go find our table, the speeches will start soon.” Yoochun said and they all agreed.

“Jae! I’ve been looking all over for you.” JaeRin said, appearing out of the blue.

“Hi noona.” The guys greeted. “Hi guys.” JaeRin said.

“Noona, you’re so beautiful tonight.” Junsu said.

“Thank you. Will you guys excuse me and brother? We have to go up on stage for the speech.” JaeRin said.

“Sure! Good luck.” Yoochun said.

“Let’s go, it’s starting in a minute.” JaeRin said as she walked and Jaejoong followed.

The others walked to find their table.

“Look, the YJ Group heir and heiress are here.” The MC blurted all of a sudden when you and Minho appeared at the doors. All the people looked your way. You gripped tighter on your brother’s arm.

“Relax..” Minho said.

“Why are they looking at us?”

“Because we look amazing. Just smile at them.” Your brother said as he smiled casually at the people. You smiled and walked with your brother to your table.

“Good evening umma, appa.” You said as you sat down and your brother sat next to you.

“You look beautiful honey.” Your mother said. “Indeed.” Your father added. “Thank you.” You replied.

You were surprised when you looked at the person sitting across you.

“YooRin-ah! You’re here too!” You said almost exclaiming. Then you greeted her parents.

“Yes, my parents never mentioned it but they do business with the Kims.” YooRin said. You moved to sit next to her.  

“It’s been ages since I’ve seen you wearing a dress.” She said.

“Yeah…”

“Look it’s DBSK.”

You smiled and waved when you saw them. They gladly waved back. You met eyes with HeeJoo, she smiled and you simply smiled back.

“I haven’t talked to her ever since that incident… I wonder if she’s mad at me..”

Your thoughts got interrupted when the MC finally started talking. Then the speeches started. First off, of course, was the chairman Mr. Kim, Jaejoong’s father. JaeRin was next, she had a humorous speech making the guests laugh, setting the right atmosphere for the party. And finally it was Jaejoong’s turn. You focused yourself on him. You “He looks amazing.” You thought.

Jaejoong swept his eyes around the room and then he caught yours. Jaejoong felt his heart skip a beat as he stared at you. You felt your heart race and you can’t seem to look away from him.

“Why does she have to be so pretty tonight?” Jaejoong said in his head. After five more seconds he realized what he was doing, he turned his head and smiled at the crowd before he started his speech. You watched him the whole time with a smile on your face. With a few last lines of gratitude, Jaejoong concluded his speech.

“Thank you everyone for coming here today… now let’s party!” Jaejoong said and everyone cheered.

They started eating and talking about business matters. Jaejoong and JaeRin went around greeting the guests.

“Junsu-oppa!” A girl exclaimed as she made her way to DBSK’s table.

They turned their heads. “Oh no, why is that girl here?” Junsu whined, he was about to stand up and hide but the girl was already standing there.

“I thought you wanted to be my tonight, I waited for you but you never came.” The girl said as she clings on Junsu’s arm.

“I never said anything like that and I always come to parties with my friends.” Junsu answered shrugging the girl off.

“Can I sit with you then?” The girl asked.

“No.”

“Why?” The girl whined again which made Changmin and the others annoyed.

“You know there are only six chairs in this table and sadly they’re all taken, you can find another table.” Changmin blurted before he walked off to the buffet table to get his food.

“Who the hell was that? I was not asking him. Can I sit here Junsu-oppa?” The girl turned to Junsu again.

“I already said no. All the seats are taken, okay? And can you please stop following me. I already told you that I am not interested in you, what part of that don’t you understand?” Junsu said, irritated.

“Whatever!” The girl walked away.

“She seems pissed.” Yunho said with a chuckle.

“That’s good and I don’t care.” Junsu replied.

“A girl you met in a blind date?” Yoochun guessed.

“Yeah. Let’s go get our food before Changmin eats everything.” Junsu joked as he walked.

Yunho and HeeJoo chuckled as they followed behind.

Yoochun saw you and smiled as he followed his friends.

“Where’s Jae?” HeeJoo asked.

“Probably greeting guests.” Yunho answered.

“Yah Yoochun-ah, are you that hungry?” Junsu asked as he eyed Yoochun’s two plates.

“You can go back for a second round you know Yoochun-hyung… it’s a buffet after all.” Changmin said as he continued picking food.

“It’s not for me, it’s for YoonJi.” Yoochun replied. Junsu and Changmin exchanged glances while Yunho and HeeJoo just looked at him. 

Yoochun made sure he didn’t put any seafood in it before walking back to the tables.

“Do you guys think, that maybe… just maybe… Yoochun likes YoonJi-ssi more than a friend?” HeeJoo asked them, but they just shrugged in response.

You looked up as you noticed someone putting a plate of food in front of you.

Yoochun smiled. “No seafood I promise.” He said. You smiled.

“Who told you to get food for me?”

“Can’t I just do it as your friend?”

“Thanks Yoochun-ah.”

“You’re welcome.”

YooRin faked a cough. You and Yoochun turned to her.

“Oh… do you want me to get food for you too?” Yoochun asked in a teasing manner.

“No thanks, I’ll get it for myself.” YooRin said, she flashed you a sly smile before she walked off.

Yoochun sat on the chair beside you. “Can I just sit here? It seems like you and YooRin are the only one in this table.”

“Actually Minho-oppa and JaeRin-unnie sits with us but they disappeared.” You replied.

“But I can sit here right?”

“Why not?” You laughed. “Are you sure there’s no seafood in this?” You asked.

“I double checked it, trust me.” Yoochun answered. “I trust you.” You said before starting to eat.

Jaejoong sighed as he sat on his chair.

“Are you done greeting the guests?” Yunho asked. Jaejoong just nodded.

“Jae, you should eat.” HeeJoo said. “I will, just let me breathe first.” Jaejoong replied.

“Where’s Yoochun?” He asked when he noticed they were incomplete.

“Oh, over there.” Changmin pointed at the table just beside them. Your table.

“Oh Jaejoong-ah, have you made progress with Lee YoonJi yet?” Junsu suddenly asked.

“Uhm… why do you ask that?” Jaejoong asked back.

“Just asking, and besides we’re cousins but you really never tell me anything. So? Are you guys officially dating now?” Junsu said.

Changmin and Yunho leaned closer, anticipating for his answer. While HeeJoo just looked down at her plate.

“We … YoonJi and I… are just friends.” Jaejoong replied.

“What the hell Jaejoong-hyung… why are you so slow?” Changmin shook his head, disappointed, before he continued eating his food.

“Yeah Jaejoong-ah, why… you don’t like her? What’s there not to like? She’s really pretty. If I were you, I will not let any moment pass. I’ll make her mine in no time.” Junsu said.

“Yah… Jaejoong is different from you idiot.” Yunho said.

“Do you like her Jae?” HeeJoo asked.

“I..”

“No, never mind… don’t answer..” HeeJoo said, cutting him off.

Jaejoong turned to your direction. “I’m confused… I don’t even know..”

Yoochun stared at you, watching you eat. And at that moment YooRin came back, she sighed as she sat beside Yoochun. “Stop staring at her.” She whispered.

“What?”

“You’re too obvious…”

“What are you talking about?”

“Tell me honestly Park Yoochun, do you like my best friend.”

“I do… I mean who doesn’t? She’s beautiful, people who can’t see that are blind. And what do you mean by my best friend?... it should be OUR best friend… right? I’m YoonJi’s best friend too.” Yoochun said.

“Whatever.” YooRin rolled her eyes. Yoochun shrugged as he started eating.

...

Soon desserts were served, Changmin immediately dug into his favorites. The people continued chatting and just having a good time. Couples started dancing in the middle of the large, elegant hall, the glamorous lights of the chandeliers shining down on them.

You wanted to walk around but you don’t want your feet to start hurting again, so you decided to just sit and watch the people around and YooRin was sitting beside you.

“I’m bored..” You heard YooRin say. You sighed. “Do you want to walk around outside… there’s so many people here.” Your friend suggested. “I want to, but… my feet…” You replied. “Oh yeah… you’re wearing stilettos for the first time.” She teased. “It’s not my first time.” You pouted. She laughed. “But you seriously don’t want to go out?” She gave you a look you could not resist, so you agreed. You and YooRin stood up but YooRin got called by her father so she had to leave for a minute and she told you she’ll follow you later.

You went to the garden just outside the hall. You walked around; the place is beautiful, with lights, fountains, beautiful flowers and perfectly pruned bushes everywhere. You felt your feet starting to hurt and it was barely ten minutes since you started walking.

“How can people walk with these for hours?” You complained to yourself.

You sat on the bench and removed your shoes. Since you were the only one there you made yourself comfortable. You hugged your knees close to your chest as you stared at your now red feet.

“I swear I’m not going to wear those shoes ever again.”

[Your shoes] 

 

Then you heard someone chuckle as a figure appeared. 

“Jaejoong…Hi.” 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK NEXT.