CHAPTER TWELVE

In Love With You

[CHAPTER 12]

 

 

 

A little girl in a white dress was playing with the flowers near a pond, her parents left her there while they talk to their close friends. It was a sunny day, a perfect day in a summer.

“Hi.” A voice was heard. The 4-year old girl looked up to see a good-looking boy.

“Hello!” The girl replied in a cheerful voice.

The boy smiled and the girl smiled back.

“Where are you parents?” The boy asked, sitting on the grass beside the girl.

“There.” The little girl said pointing at the four people conversing around a picnic table not far from where the boy and the girl are.

“Oh they’re talking to my parents.” The boy said.

The two families had lunch together and they spent the afternoon talking about things again. The two little kids played near the pond, laughing and having a good time with each other, but soon it was time to go.

“We’re leaving.” The girl said in a sad voice.

“We are too.” The boy replied, disappointed.

“I still want to play with you.” The girl pouted.

“We should meet again!” The boy exclaimed.

“Okay!” The girl said, suddenly excited.

“Oh, I should promise you, we will meet near this pond, okay?

“Okay!” The girl replied enthusiastically.

The boy removed something on his wrist, held on the girl’s small, soft hand and slipped the beautiful but simple bracelet on the girl’s wrist.

The boy smiled. “There, that’s our promise, you have to show that to me when we meet, don’t lose it. It’s important to me but for the meantime I’m giving it to you. I will wait for you here and let’s play again, okay?” The small handsome boy said.

The girl nodded and reached inside her pocket, she reached for the boy’s hand and placed two pieces of peppermint candy on his palm.

“Thank you for playing with me today! I will keep and take care of your bracelet and give it back to you when we meet! Eat that candy okay? It’s my favorite.” The girl said, beaming.

The boy’s eyes twinkled and he smiled at the sweet little girl in front of him.

 

 

Lee YoonJi woke up. She smiled. “That dream again.” She mumbled. “I will never get tired of it.”

“You awake?” Someone asked.

You turned to your brother and smiled.

“Wow. Did you sleep well? Did you dream about me?” Minho teased.

“No.” You replied.

Then Minho noticed the twinkle in his sister’s eyes.

“Oh did you dream about your first love again?” He asked, sitting at the edge of your bed.

You sighed. “I never got his name, oppa. How can I forget to ask his name?” You said as you made your way to your dresser.

“I thought you asked mom already.” Minho said.

“I asked her but she doesn’t remember what happened that summer.” You replied.

You opened the first drawer and got the bracelet. The bracelet which was given to you by that unnamed boy you met that summer when you were 4. You looked at it.

“I wonder where he is now… what happened to him? Did he go to that pond and waited for me just like what he promised?” You thought to yourself.

“Oh you still have that?” Your brother spoke.

You nodded. “I promised him that I will keep it until we meet again. And he said that I should never lose it , it’s important to him, what if we meet and he looks for it…” You said.

Minho chuckled and shook his head. “You believe in that saying?”

“What saying?”

“First love never dies.” You brother stated.

You blinked at your brother, and he just smiled.

“Go eat breakfast, you have classes today. I’ll drop you off before I go to work.” He said.

“Okay.” You replied. Minho left your room.

You looked at the bracelet again. “I wonder what ‘JJ’ is… maybe his initials.”

You placed the bracelet back in the drawer.

“Maybe I can go to the pond after class today.”

You smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“You go ahead YooRin-ah, I still want to go somewhere.” You told your best friend.

“Oh okay… are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?” She asked.

“No, I’ll be fine. See you tomorrow.”

“Okay, bye. Take care!” Your best friend left in her car.

And since you were dropped off by your brother there, you have no car, therefore you walked.

“It’s been a while since I’ve visited that place.” You said as you started walking to your destination.

------------------------------------------

“Where is Kim Jaejoong?” JaeRin asked when she entered the office.

“Oh, your brother went out for a while, he said he’s going somewhere.” Minho replied.

“Oh… did he mention where he’s going?” JaeRin asked again.

“No noona… maybe he went out to buy food for us.” Changmin suggested.

“Food again..” Junsu mumbled.

JaeRin shrugged and just helped the boys with work.

Little did they know that Kim Jaejoong was in the park, getting rid of stress.

Jaejoong walked along the path to the pond. “I love this place, but because of work, I think I have forgotten about it…” He moved to sit on the bench near the pond and just sat there, thinking, until something caught his attention…

You were on the other side of the small pond; you crouched down and picked a beautiful pink flower from the bush. You smiled and watched the pond silently, you sat on the fresh grass holding the flower in your hand.

“It’s been ages.” You sighed.

Jaejoong was watching you, “Why is she here?” He asked himself. He wanted to call your name, when he decided to just watch you like that. He smiled when he saw you smile.

“What is this Jaejoong?” He talked to himself again. “Why are you like this?”

Then a thought hit him…“What if Lee YoonJi is that girl… what if… no… no that’s impossible…just no…”

You felt that somebody was watching you, and you were right, you looked up and saw Kim Jaejoong at the other side of the pond sitting on a bench, looking at you. You stood up, shocked to see him there, but you managed to smile and wave at him.

“Jaejoong-ah!...Hi!!!”

“But why is he here?” You thought.

Later, you and Jaejoong decided to walk around.

“What brings a busy CEO in a park at this time of the day?” You asked, teasing.

“And what brings a busy university student who should be studying right now, here?” He said, teasing you back.

You laughed and he chuckled.

“But really… what are you doing here?” You asked.

“You first… what are you doing here?” He asked.

“I was just… looking around. I don’t want to go home yet. You?” You replied.

“The office was suffocating, so… and I want to relax.” Jaejoong said.

“You should… you look exhausted.”

“I know.”

“Oh! I know a perfect stress reliever!” You blurted.

“What?” Jaejoong asked, surprised.

“That! Come one, I’ll treat you.” You said, running to a popsicle cart. Jaejoong followed.

“This?” Jaejoong asked with a chuckle.

“Yes, trust me it helps.” You said giving Jaejoong the popsicle.

“Okay, thank you.” Jaejoong said, he feels happy that you’re concerned.

“How much is it?” You asked the vendor.

“Oh, he already paid for it.” The man said, pointing at Jaejoong who was already onto his popsicle.

“Oh… thank you.”

You walked to where Jaejoong is and started eating your popsicle too.

“You’re so unfair you know that.” You blurted.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“You paid again! I said I’ll treat you.” You said before walking away from him.

“Is she angry?” Jaejoong went after you.

“Hey…” Jaejoong said softly when he caught up with you.

You stopped walking but you ignored him and just continued with your popsicle, looking at nothing in particular.

“YoonJi-ah… I’m sorry… are you mad at me?”

You finished your popsicle and dropped your stick in the nearest trash can.

“No, why will I be mad at you? I just feel bad that you’re always the one paying.” You said.

“Oh…”

“Next time I will pay okay? Or else I will ignore you forever.” You said, but your threat didn’t work when Jaejoong laughed.

“Fine.. I’m going to look forward to that.” He said.

You smiled. “Thank you.” You said. “I forgot to say thank you. That popsicle was really good.”

“Yeah… it was. Thank you YoonJi-ah..”

You and Jaejoong started walking again.

“What for?” You asked.

“You told me that popsicles are stress relievers, and now I think it’s working.”

“That’s great then! You’re welcome.”

“Are you going home now?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah I still have things to do. And you’re supposed to go back to your company now.”You replied.

“Yeah, the guys are waiting. Come I’ll take you home.” Jaejoong offered.

“No need. I’ll be fine, it’s still early. Thank you Jaejoong-ah.”

“Okay then… I’ll see you next time. Be careful, bye.”

“Bye, thank you.” You smiled and waved bye before walking to the nearest bus stop.

Jaejoong chuckled to himself and walked to his car.

“Where were you Kim Jaejoong?” Jaejoong’s best friend, Yunho asked him when he entered the office.

“Just somewhere.” Jaejoong simply replied.

“Oh… no food?” Changmin whined.

Yoochun laughed. “Jae, seriously, where did you go?” He asked, turning to his friend.

“Yeah Jae, you’re not the person who just leaves during working hours… unlike Minho-hyung and JaeRin-noona.” Junsu said, when he noticed that the couple is not in the office anymore.

Yunho sighed. “They left.”

“Oh oh, I should tell them to buy food for us when they return.” Changmin said as he quickly grabbed his phone and called.

Jaejoong laughed. “I went to the park, you know to relax for a while, my head’s clear now.” He said.

“Hmmm… alone?” Junsu, his cousin asked.

“Or were you with YoonJi?” Yunho asked.

“How can Jaejoong be with YoonJi… she’s in the university.” Yoochun said.

“Yeah.” Changmin agreed.

“Actually, I was with YoonJi.” Jaejoong said.

“What? Really?” Yunho asked.

Jaejoong nodded and he started reading the papers again.

“What did you guys do?” Junsu asked.

“We walked around and ate popsicles.” Jaejoong simply answered.

“Hyung! How can you do that? We’re working our heads off here and you were out there relaxing with a girl?” Changmin said, glaring at his hyung.

They laughed at the youngest.

“She happened to be there and we saw each other.” Jaejoong said.

“Did she tell you that popsicles are the best stress relievers?” Yoochun blurted.

“Yeah.”

“She told me that before too, and we ended up eating too much of it when we were in the Sates.” Yoochun said, smiling as he recalled the memory.

Jaejoong leaned back on his chair and a soft chuckle escaped his mouth.

The four other guys turned to look at their friend. They exchanged glances and smiled. They were thinking of the same thing…

“Does Jaejoong like YoonJi already?”

[“Does Jaejoong like you already?”]

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys~ i'm sorry for the late update...

i was feeling sick these past few days....

but there yay! i finally posted another chapter ^^

comments?

THANK YOU GUYS! ^^