CHAPTER FIVE

In Love With You

[CHAPTER FIVE]

 

 

“I’m leaving.” Jaejoong said, standing from his seat in the dinner table.

“But Jae-ah, you have not even touched your food.” His mother said.

“I have a meeting in a few minutes, I’ll be late. I will eat later ummoni (mother).”  Jaejoong said.

His mother sighed. “Okay.”

“Jae-ah, the proposal, tell your friends to work on it.” JaeRin said.

“Okay. Bye.” Jaejoong was about to leave when his father spoke.

“There will be a dinner meeting with the Lee family later tonight, don’t be late okay Jaejoong-ah?”

“Okay father, I’m leaving now.” Jaejoong grabbed his car keys and left.

“Bye Jae!” JaeRin said and continued eating her breakfast.

Jaejoong sighed as he got in his dashing, white Porsche. “Why a dinner meeting all of a sudden?” He thought, then he drove to Kim Corps.

-------------------------------------------------------

At 2 in the afternoon you received a call from YooRin asking you to hang out with her, and of course you gladly accepted. You wore a pink collar shirt threw a white cardigan over it, your jeans and your favorite pair of converse. You grabbed your sling bag and went out.

“Where are you going honey?” Your mother asked when he saw you, checking yourself in the mirror.

“I’m going out with YooRin umma, we missed Seoul, we want to roam around the new places.” You replied.

“Oh okay. But don’t forget, dinner meeting tonight okay?” Your mom reminded you.

“Do I really have to come to that?”

“Yes honey.”

You sighed. “Okay. Just tell me where we will meet and I’ll be there okay umma?”

“Okay baby. Have fun with YooRin.”

You went out the mansion and saw YooRin standing near her car.

You and YooRin gasped at the same time when you saw what each other is wearing.

“Are you me?” YooRin asked.

You laughed. “Are we twins?”

“We’re wearing the same thing.” YooRin laughed with you.

“Mine is white though.” You said, talking about your cardigan. YooRin was wearing a red one.

“Well we bought this together in the U.S. might as well use it at the same time too.” YooRin said, dragging you to her car.

“Where shall we go?” You asked when you settled in her car.

“I don’t know really. Let’s explore, shall we?” YooRin said and you nodded, laughing.

You and YooRin visited many places and ate different kinds of food you missed and enjoyed the whole afternoon together. You were in the park with YooRin, the park which you always visit with her when you were still in highschool, when you realized the time.

“It’s 7 already?” You blurted.

“Why?” YooRin asked.

“Oh no, I totally forgot.” You hurriedly checked your phone, and there were 10 messages waiting to be read.

“Honey, where are you now? We’ll be meeting at XXXXX Restaurant (a restaurant your family owns) I told your brother to pick you up.” –MOM

“Oh God. I forgot.” You said then you read the other messages which were all from your brother.

“Ji-ah, where are you?”

“Ji-ah, mom asked me to pick you up… tell me where you are now?”

“Ji-ah, please text me back or call!”

“Ji-ah, we are going to be late, if you see this, CALL ME NOW.”

“YoonJi please, tell me where you are..”

“YOU ARE NOT KIDNAPPED RIGHT? OH GOD WHERE ARE YOU?”

“LEE YOONJI PLEASE, TEXT ME BACK. CALL OR SOMETHING, TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE.”

“Oh no…” You also saw 25 missed calls which were either from your mother or brother and there were two that were from your father.

“ Why? What’s wrong?” YooRin asked.

“Wait let me call oppa first.” You told her as you quickly dialed your brother’s number.

After just a single ring your brother picked up.

“WHERE ARE YOU WOMAN?!”

------------------------------------------------------

Your mother sighed in relief, as she heard your brother finally got in touch with you. Your family was in the VIP room of the restaurant with the Kims. Your father closed his eyes and prayed to thank the Lord. The Kims also seemed relieved. Jaejoong was already there looking all handsome, though he doesn’t know the purpose of this dinner meeting.

“Ji-ah, I’m sorry… I’m just worried… tell me where you are now.” Minho said to his phone.

“Is she okay? Oh God, I thought she got lost or something or she got attacked by weird people.” JaeRin said.

“Okay, stay there! I’m coming for you.” Minho said before hanging up.

“Where is she?” Your mother asked.

“She’s just somewhere near. What is this girl thinking hanging out with her friend until this hour of the night anyway?” Minho said, before he left to get you.

“I apologize. I didn’t know she will be late.” Your father said.

“It’s ok, it’s just 7:30 anyways, we have lots of time.” Jaejoong’s father replied.

“Abeoji (father), what is this meeting all about? Jaejoong suddenly asked.

“Just wait Jaejoong-ah, you’ll know soon.” His father told him.

“How come we didn’t know about this too?” Jaejoong’s mother asked.

“You never told me what this meeting is about.” Your mother told her husband.

The two middle-aged men just smiled.

“Is this about me?” Jaejoong asked, getting suspicious.

“You have such a smart son, how did he know?” Your father told his friend.

“What about Jaejoong?” JaeRin asked this time.

“We have no idea, honey.” Mrs. Kim said.

Jaejoong was deep in thought again, thinking of what the meeting is about and the proposal work he left for his friends to finish, which was also due tomorrow.

“Oh Jae, is the proposal ready? It’s tomorrow remember?” JaeRin asked, when they were isolated from the elders talking at the other side of the room.

“I think so, Yunho sent me the file already, I just have to check it.” Jaejoong said.

“Awesome!” JaeRin said.

After a few more minutes you finally arrived.

“I’m sorry oppa, I lost track of the time and my phone was in my bag, me and YooRin was having so much fun, I forgot…” You explained.

“It’s okay now Ji-ah, I was just scared, I thought something bad happened to you. But you’re here now you’re safe that’s what’s important to me.” Your brother said.

“I’m sorry oppa… are they mad?” You asked.

“They’re not mad.. don’t worry, greet them with a smiling face okay?” Miho said as he pinched your check.

“Okay!” You said happily.

The manager of the restaurant led you and Minho to the VIP room.

Before entering, Minho looked at what you’re wearing. “You never change.” He said.

“Why oppa?” You asked. “Do I look bad?”

“No… you look perfect. Simple, yet beautiful.”

“Thank you oppa. How about my hair?” You asked, touching the ends of your healthy, black hair.

“Perfect.” He smiled. You smiled back, then you entered the room.

“Omo! Finally, YoonJi-ah!” You mother greeted you and hugged you.

“We were worried sick of you.” Your father said.

“I’m sorry.” You said, and greeted the other elders in the room.

Jaejoong and JaeRin came nearer when they noticed that you finally arrived.

“Don’t worry about it, wow you are so pretty, very simple indeed.” Mrs. Kim said.

You smiled at the beautiful woman in front of you. “Thank you.” You said.

“It’s really good to finally see you up close and meet you Lee YoonJi.” The man, Jaejoong’s father greeted you.

“It’s nice to meet you too Mr. Kim, I’m sorry I made you wait.” You said, politely.

“She’s beautiful, right Jae?” JaeRin said to his brother. Jaejoong didn’t say anything.

“Oh, this is our daughter, Kim JaeRin, and our son, Kim Jaejoong.” Mrs. Kim introduced them.

“Hi!!” JaeRin greeted you, enthusiastically. She came in front of you and hugged you tight. “We finally meet.” She said. You were too surprised of the sudden hug, but you managed to say, “Hi.”

JaeRin lets go of you and grabbed her brother’s arm. “This is my brother, Kim Jaejoong.” She said.

“Hi.” You said.

“Hi.” Jaejoong said, extending his hand. You smiled and gladly shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you.” You said. Then you go to where you brother is and sat beside him.

You sat between your mother and your brother, Jaejoong sat across you and JaeRin beside him.

“Oppa oppa, Yoochun sent me a joke earlier it’s really funny, I will forward it to you.” You said.

After a few seconds Minho was laughing so hard in his seat when he read the text in his phone. He gave his phone to JaeRin for her to see too, soon she was cracking up too, Jaejoong laughed too, accidentally he met eyes with you; you smiled at him and continued playing with your phone.

“I think I know her from somewhere… I don’t remember…” Jaejoong said in his head.

You finally meet your brother’s girlfriend, you became close to her at once and she treated you like a sister.

“You have a very beautiful girlfriend, oppa.” You said to your brother.

“I know.” Minho said.

“Tease!” JaeRin said to Minho. “Thank you YoonJi-ah.” She said to you.

“Kim Jaejoong-ssi is handsome too.” You said.

“Uhm… thank you…” Jaejoong said, looking at you.

Minho chuckled. “You don’t even know how to react right when a girl complements you.” He said.

“I said thank you…” Jaejoong reasoned.

JaeRin giggled at his brother’s silliness. “You should return a complement too.”

“Oh.. uhm… Lee YoonJi-ssi is beautiful too.” Jaejoong said to you. You giggled, “Thanks.”

“Forgive him, he knows nothing about these things.” JaeRin said.

“What things?” You asked.

“Don’t worry, my sister is just the same.” Minho said.

You seem to have no clue of what they’re talking about, and Jaejoong just smiled. The elders were talking about business and you and the others can only care less. The food came and you ate happily, but not like a hunger this time. You, Minho, JaeRin, and Jaejoong continued talking about random things, until the elders called for your attention.

“Actually, we gathered here today to talk about a very important thing.” Mr. Lee said.

“We finally think it’s time for the merger to happen.” Mr. Kim continued.

“I knew it.” Your mom said. “So how is it going to be?” Mrs. Kim asked.

JaeRin gasped. “Dad, you never told us…”

“Are you against it?” Mr. Kim asked his daughter.

“NO! I want this to happen.” JaeRin said.

“So this is all about the merger talk..” Jaejoong said to no one in particular.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat. “But, that’s not everything.” He said.

“There should be a promise, of course.” Your father said.

“There is already a promise, abeoji.” Minho said to his father. And they already knew what he was talking about, JaeRin smiled knowing that he is talking about the two of them.

You understood little of what they are talking about, you were so into your dessert, well how can you not be when the dessert is delicious.

“Wow this dessert is yummy! What is this called oppa?” You blurted. You looked up when your brother didn’t answer you. They laughed at you.

“Why?” You asked, clueless.

“It’s Tiramisu cake.” Minho replied. “Oh. I like it.” You said. “I am not surprised, you like everything.” He said. You glared at him, and then continued with your cake.

“As we were saying, there should be a promise for this merger to happen…” Mr. Kim said.

“Me and Minho will be engaged?” JaeRin asked.

“No… uhm.. this is not about you and Minho.” Mr. Kim said.

“What…” JaeRin and Minho said.

“We are not against your relationship or anything.” Your father said.

“But… don’t you think it’s time for your brother to have a love life?” Mr. Kim said.

Your mother and Jaejoong’s mother gasped at the same time. JaeRin and Minho were too shocked.

Jaejoong who had been listening all this time widened his eyes in realization, he froze in his seat and the fork he had been holding went clattering on the floor. Too shocked from what he heard, he just slowly moved his gaze to you, who just finished your plate of tiramisu cake.

“This is really delicious. Tiramisu cake is my favorite now.” You said. Then you looked up when you realized that nobody was talking.

“What… why? What’s happening?” 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED! ^^ 

so what do you guys think? 

comments? ^^

thank you my lovely readers! <3