CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

In Love With You

[CHAPTER 18]

 

 

“Jaejoong…Hi.” You said. Jaejoong smiled. You felt your cheeks heating up as Jaejoong sat down on the bench beside you. “I thought no one was here.” You said.

“I wanted some fresh air so I walked around and then I saw you talking to yourself.” Jaejoong replied with a chuckle. You smiled.

“About yesterday, I’m sorry if I was acting weird.”

“You weren’t…”

“Let’s forget about that then. What are you doing here?”

“I… I was bored and there were so many people inside, I barely know anyone.” You replied.

“The party is boring huh… I’m sorry it seems the party is not to Miss YoonJi’s liking.”

You laughed. “Honestly, I just wanted to go here and sit. My shoes were killing my feet too, so I wanted to take them off for a while.”

“Does it hurt a lot?”

You nodded. “I’m not really used to wearing these things.”

“I figured. What can I do for you about it?” He asked. You looked at him. “Nothing, it’s okay. Thanks.”

“But your feet…”

“It’s okay Jaejoong-ah, thank you.”

“Look! The moon is really beautiful tonight!” You said looking up. While Jaejoong just stared at your side profile dazed by your beauty. “Someone else is worth watching than the moon, and I’m looking at her right now.” Jaejoong whispered ever so softly that you didn’t even hear.

After a few more minutes of comfortable silence, you spoke, “Don’t you need to go back to the party, and people might be looking for you.” And Jaejoong finally looked away when you caught him staring, Jaejoong didn’t even realize what he was doing until then. “Oh not really, they’re just dancing, and eating, and talking… I’m really not needed there anymore.” He replied.

“I’m sorry for taking so much time from you; you really did not need to stay with me here. You could have spent your time with your friends not with me.”

Jaejoong smiled. “Why not? I’m more than happy to spend time with you. And I see my friends every day at work they’re the last people I want to spend time with today.”

“You’re so nice.” You smiled. “I know, thanks.” You laughed.

“Is your feet okay now?”

“Yeah.. they don’t hurt anymore.”

“That’s great!” Jaejoong went in front of you and kneeled on one knee.

“What are you doing?”

“Helping you to put your most hateful shoes on.”

You blushed when you felt his hands on your skin as he helped you with your shoes.

“Thank you, you didn’t really have to do that.”

“I wanted to.” Jaejoong took your hand and walked together following the path back to the party hall. Your heart was racing as you felt his hand around yours. It’s your first time holding hands with a guy who is not your father or brother. 

“Is it right to hold hands? …I guess it won’t hurt.” Jaejoong thought. He actually loved it, your soft hand in his and just walking like that it brought a smile on Jaejoong’s face. “What do I really feel towards you? Do I really like you know?... I really want to know…”

“Oh my God.. why can’t my heart stop pounding? Am I going crazy? Or it is because I’m with Jaejoong plus we’re holding hands?..” You looked at your hands linked to Jaejoong. “Maybe it’s nothing to him..” That last thought brought a pang to your chest.

There were many couples dancing, you spotted JaeRin and your brother, YooRin and Junsu,… WAIT!

“YooRin and Junsu?!! How..” You made a mental note to make sure you ask YooRin about this later. You were still looking at the couple when Jaejoong took your hand in his again, you turned to look at him.

“I wish to spend more time with you, do you want to dance?”

You blinked. “Are you seriously asking me that?”

Jaejoong nodded looking at you with his big eyes waiting for your answer.

“But I don’t know how…”

Jaejoong chuckled softly which made you blush again. “Don’t worry, I know how.” He said.

Jaejoong pulled you with him to the dance floor. People around you gasped in surprise, since they all know Jaejoong had never been with a girl before.  The couples stopped dancing as they stare. All the girls are suddenly jealous of you and some started judging you already. You’re glowing; the men stared at you, totally hypnotized. You suddenly became shy and you wanted to hide. You were not used to being the center of attention.

“Isn’t she the heiress of YJ?” “My God, she’s so pretty…” “So lucky! Jaejoong is with her? Are they together?” “Are you kidding me?! Jaejoong is actually dating someone? It’s a miracle..” “Wow, she’s so blessed…” “So jealous of her!” “Are they together?”

You heard whispers everywhere and you really wanted to hide under a table now, but Jaejoong was still pulling you with him, he seem to not care at all. His hand still around yours made you feel safe so you relaxed and just went with it when finally you reached a nice, comfortable spot.

“They keep on staring…”

“Don’t mind them. Shall we?” Jaejoong offered his hand and you gladly placed yours in it.

A new music played, just the right one for you and Jaejoong. Not slow, not fast, but just right. The atmosphere suddenly became romantic.

Jaejoong placed his other hand at your lower back, drawing you a little closer to him. While you rested your other hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder. Jaejoong started moving and you just follow his lead.

Jaejoong smiled. “You make me feel all these feeling I don’t understand. And for the very first time I’m being like this all because of you. Maybe in this way, I can finally figure out what I really feel for you.”

Your heart could not stop doing somersaults in your chest. You could not hide the smile on your face.

“This is not so bad.” You said trying so hard not to stutter.

“Because you have a good teacher.” Jaejoong said.

You giggled making Jaejoong’s heart flutter. “I really like it when you do that.” He said.

“What?”

“It’s insane how you make my heart do crazy things…” But Jaejoong said… “I mean… I like your laugh.”

“Oh… thanks. I like your laugh too.” You replied. And Jaejoong couldn’t help but laugh.

You looked around and spotted your brother. He winked at you. You smiled.

“I guess everything is going well.” JaeRin said to Minho.

“Yeah, they look good together.” Your brother replied.

“Just like us.”

Minho laughed in agreement as they continued to dance.

YooRin flashed you a sly smile while you gave her a ‘why-are-you-dancing-with-Kim Junsu-look’ in return. She blushed and looked away. While Junsu gave Jaejoong a thumbs-up, Jaejoong was also wondering how his cousin ended up with your best friend, but he could care less… right now there’s an angel in front of him.

 “I think I really like you now.”

You looked up to Jaejoong and smiled. Jaejoong’s heart flipped at that simple action, but he managed to smile back. He held your gaze for the longest time and you never dared look away.

“How do you do this to me Lee YoonJi? It’s like magic.” Jaejoong thought.

 

At the side HeeJoo stood, watching the man she has loved for so long already with another girl. Yes obviously she was jealous but she can’t actually do anything about it. She walked to the mini bar to get a drink while, Yunho, his brother just watched her sadly.

Changmin sighed. “Look at those love birds… Yunho-hyung… tell me, am I not handsome?”

Yunho chuckled. “The girls are all over you, you’re the one pushing them away.” He said before he left to stop his sister from getting drunk.

“Yoochun-hyung.. do you have someone you like?” Changmin turned to Yoochun who was at his other side.

“Yeah I do…” Yoochun replied.

“Really?? Do I know her??”

“Yes you know her…”

“Who? Why didn’t you tell me before??? Do the other guys know?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore…” Yoochun said.

“Why?!”

“She won’t see me as more than a best friend anyways… and…”

“And Jaejoong-hyung…” Changmin finished for him. Yoochun chuckled. “How did you know?”

“I’m not blind hyung! You like YoonJi…”

“I like her so much Changmin, you have no idea..”

“But didn’t you tell us before that she’s just like a sister to you?”

“Yeah and I was stupid back then because I didn’t realize my feelings for her.” Yoochun stared at you longingly. “And now I don’t even know if she can still see me… I’m pretty sure she fell in love with Jae now.”

“Hyung…”

“Am I that pitiful?”

“I’m sorry Yoochun-hyung…”

“Don’t be… I’ll just pity myself even more if you say that.”

“But hyung… you might still have a chance… I mean, Jae-hyung and YoonJi aren’t official yet.”

Yoochun laughed half-heartedly. “I am not going to be the bad guy who will be rivals with my best friend.”

“But hyung…”

“Why don’t you dance with the other girls Changmin? I feel sick, I’ll go home first. Just tell the others.” Yoochun interrupted, he didn’t want to talk about it anymore. Changmin stared at his hyung, sad and confused.

Yoochun watched you for another minute, a smile playing on his face, before he left the party.

“I need to get rid of these feelings I have for YoonJi..”

Jaejoong stopped moving and so you did too. You were confused why he stopped because you were enjoying the moment. Jaejoong just stared at you. You smiled as you stared back. Jaejoong’s heart was doing unexplainable things again.

“I think…I really like you now.” Jaejoong said in his mind.

“Why?” You finally asked.

“I just think we should stop, your feet might start hurting again.”

“You care that much?”

“Can’t I?” Jaejoong said. And then you laughed. For Jaejoong that was the cutest thing on earth, he can’t help but laugh too.

“I should care, we’re …friends after all.” Jaejoong said.

You smiled. "Thank you."

"And by the way... you look really pretty tonight."

You blushed. "Thank you again... you look amazing too." 

"Thanks." Jaejoong chuckled when he saw you blushing. "She's so cute." 

The ladies were heating up with jealousy again as you and Jaejoong were acting like a real couple. The happy parents of both parties were amused watching the couple from afar.

“We made a great choice.” Mr. Kim said. And your father laughed in agreement.

“They’re so perfect for each other.” The mothers said.

-----------------

“Jae! You and YoonJi should really start dating officially! Stop the ‘we’re just friends’ thing! Junsu said to his cousin.

“Junsu’s right, everybody saw how you both look at each other. There were sparks and fireworks everywhere when you were dancing with her!” Yunho said, being the best friend that he is. Though he feels bad for his sister he really can’t do anything about it if his best friend likes someone else.

Changmin could not say anything, now that he knows how Yoochun feels. He wanted both of his hyungs to be happy.

“Now tell us honestly, do you have feelings for YoonJi?” Minho asked, being the brother of course he was curious.

“We’ll know at once if you’re lying, I can clearly see the truth in your eyes you know.” JaeRin said.

Jaejoong smiled. “Yes, I like her.” He replied.

JaeRin let out a low squeal and then they all laughed.

“That’s great!” Minho said.

“We’re happy for you Jaejoong!” Yunho said.

“Thanks.” Jaejoong replied.

“You’re so lucky Jaejoong-hyung.” Changmin said.

“I still can’t believe this day would come. Jaejoong actually likes someone. I am so happy for you!” Junsu gave Jaejoong a brotherly hug. Jaejoong laughed as he patted the other man’s back.

“Where is Yoochun?” Jaejoong asked when he noticed.

“He left.” Changmin answered.

“Why?” Junsu asked this time.

“I think he’s not feeling well.” Changmin answered again.

“Oh that’s too bad…” JaeRin said.

“Oh by the way Junsu.. How did you and YooRin end up together? We saw you guys dancing.” Minho finally brought the topic up.

They were all curious, they stared at Junsu with amused aces as they waited for an explanation. Junsu laughed nervously. He drew a breath. “Okay… it all started when…..”

 

You and YooRin were at the desserts table and you both cannot decide on what to get. Then you remembered…

“You and Junsu… How?” You asked.

YooRin blushed, she looked at the desserts on the table again, ignoring your question.

“Yah… I asked you.. tell me!” You demanded. She faced you.

“Tell me about you and Jaejoong first.” YooRin said.

“What about me and Jaejoong? He just asked me to dance to make an impression to our parents. And he said he wanted to spend more time with me.”

“You guys were so cute together! All the other girls were jealous!”

“Really?”

“Yes really!”

“Me and Jaejoong are just friends though.”

“Oh please! The way you guys look at each other is just so different from how friends usually do it. Stop your denial! You and I know that you guys like each other. Trust me, after this night, you and Jaejoong will be the talk of the whole country. YooRin said.

“I really have no idea of what you’re talking about.” You replied.

YooRin sighed. “You will soon realize your true feelings, its okay, no need to rush. She said.

“So what about you and Junsu?” It’s finally your time to interrogate.

“Well… both our parents wanted to set us up. And..”

“And??”

“Yeah..so…”

“You and Junsu agreed???!”

No! Well of course we didn’t! But then… Junsu said he wanted to get to know me better, so he asked me to dance with him. But I think he just used me to get rid of that psychopath girl who’s been following him around. Later on… he told me that he’s interested in me…”

“YooRin-ah… maybe he likes you!”

“Really?... I don’t know… Can we just eat?”

You laughed. “Yeah food fixes everything after all.”

YooRin nodded. “I don’t know which one I should eat though.”

“Oh… have you seen Yoochun?” You asked.

“I think he left..”

“He did? Why didn’t he tell me..”

“Well you were too busy with your soon to be boyfriend.”

“Shut up…” You said as you fished your phone out of your purse and sent Yoochun a text.”

‘Are you okay? Why did you leave all of a sudden? Is something wrong?’

“YoonJi-ssi..” You turned and saw HeeJoo. “I am really sorry about last time…”

You smiled. “No its okay HeeJoo-ssi and it’s all in the past now."

HeeJoo smiled back. “You are really nice, Jae likes that.” She said, though sadness is visible in her eyes and the tone of her voice gave out everything. “Try the chocolates, they’re really yummy. She said, handing you a mini bowl of chocolates.

“Sadly she can’t.” Jaejoong said, appearing out of nowhere. He took the bowl from HeeJoo. “It has almonds in it, and YoonJi is allergic to peanuts.” Jaejoong said.

“You remember?” You asked.

“Of course, what kind of friend am I if I forget that?” Jaejoong replied.

“Friend?” HeeJoo mumbled.

“So, she can’t really eat this HeeJoo-ah.” Jaejoong said.

“Oh… umm, sorry… I didn’t know…” HeeJoo said with a sad voice. Being close friends ever since elementary school Jaejoong noticed this at once.

“Are you okay?” He asked. HeeJoo ignored him and just walk away.

“They have tiramisu.” Jaejoong said to you before he followed his friend.

-----------------

“HeeJoo-ah! Jaejoong grabbed her arm when he caught up with her in the lobby and no one lese was there. “What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked.

HeeJoo looked up, her eyes welling up with tears. “You’re a jerk!”

“What did I do?”

“You don’t know because you’re too insensitive..”

“Then tell me what did I do wrong? Did I upset you? I’m sorry..”

“I hate it when you’re too nice.. And no you did nothing wrong. I’m just really stupid.”

“HeeJoo-ah.. you’re confusing me..”

“Just answer me honestly, do you like YoonJi already?”

“Yes.” Jaejoong said.

That did it. HeeJoo tried so hard to hold the tears back but she failed.

“Why are you crying?”

“Don’t mind me, I’m leaving.. you should go back…”

“Are you okay?”

“No I am not okay! Can’t you see?! I am hurting because of you!” HeeJoo exploded, more tears rolled down her cheeks. “There I said it… I am so stupid, why did I say that now..”

Jaejoong was shocked. “What… Y-you’re hurting?... Be-because of me?”

“Yes you idiot! Didn’t you hear me?” HeeJoo sobbed.

“Do…do you..”

“Yes I like you. I like you so much, you have no idea…” HeeJoo said in a low voice, she looked down.

Jaejoong could not absorb all the shock being thrown at him. What will you do if your friend suddenly confessed to you? Jaejoong didn’t say anything, first of all, he was shocked and he never expected this… and second… he does not know what to say. HeeJoo ran out of the place and Jaejoong just stood there, frozen.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK NEXT. 

GUYS... I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR UPDATING SO LATE.