CHAPTER SIXTEEN

In Love With You

[CHAPTER 16]

 

 

“Ehem!”

You drifted back to reality and turned to see YooRin already standing there.

“Oh hi YooRin-ah. You’re back!” You stood up and went to her.

“You didn’t tell me that Mr. Adorable will come, I only bought drinks for us.” YooRin said.

Jaejoong heard this and he chuckled. “Hi it’s okay YooRin-ssi.” He said.

“Just YooRin. Nice to finally see you up close Jaejoong-ssi.” YooRin said.

“Just Jaejoong then. And it’s nice to finally see you too.” Jaejoong replied.

“Oh you have cake!!” YooRin exclaimed in delight.

“Yes, for YoonJi’s birthday part two.” Jaejoong said, smiling at you. You smiled back.

“You were not present yesterday. But that’s okay, I know YoonJi has already forgiven you.” YooRin said.

You and Jaejoong exchanged glances and smiles again. Suddenly, Jaejoong’s phone rang.

He answered,

“Hello?... Oh HeeJoo-ah, why?”

“Sure, where are you?”

“I’ll be there… okay bye.”

You looked at him curiously. He patted your head. “I think I should go now.” He said.

“Oh.. okay.” You didn’t know why you felt disappointed.

“HeeJoo wants to eat but she’s not familiar with the places we used to go to before since she was gone for a long time, so she asked me if I could accompany her and I think I should.” Jaejoong said.

“It’s okay and of course you should.” You replied.

“Okay.” Jaejoong didn’t want to leave, he haven’t even tasted the cake with you yet. He wanted to spend time with you, but as HeeJoo’s friend he could not decline. “I’ll see you later then.” He said.

“Okay.. say hi to HeeJoo-ssi for me.” You smiled.

Jaejoong smiled at you for the last time before he left.

“Pffffftt! What the hell was that… he just left like that because his friend called?” YooRin blurted. “Moreover it was a girl.” She added. “I really don’t get that Kim Jaejoong, if he’s dating you then why would he spend time with another girl?” She continued.

“They’re really close friends and I don’t really mind. Why? Should I be bothered?” You asked.

“Ugh Lee YoonJi! Of course you should be!” YooRin replied.

You were confused again.

“Oh look who’s here!” YooRin suddenly exclaimed. You turned to where she was looking and saw Yoochun waving at you. You smiled and waved back.

“First it was Jaejoong, now Yoochun is here too…” YooRin said flashing you a sly smile. You just shrugged.

“Hi YoonJi-ah.”

“Hi Yoochun-ah.”

“Oh.. I should go now, still need to go to that blind date or else my mom will confiscate my credit cards and I don’t want that.” YooRin blurted.

“Oh… okay then.” You laughed. Yoochun laughed too.

“Don’t laugh at me!” YooRin exclaimed. “Bye, have fun!” She said before she left.

When YooRin was gone you went to Yoochun and hugged him tight. Yoochun was taken by surprise, but then he hugged you back. He was confused and happy at the same time. You pulled back and smiled at him. Yoochun’s heart went pounding and he can feel his face heating up, but he tried to suppress it.

“Thank you.” You said.

“For what?” Yoochun asked.

“Don’t play dumb!” You chuckled as you playfully pushed him. “For your surprise yesterday.” You continued.

“Oh.. you’re welcome.” Yoochun replied. “And I’m sorry. I was not here yesterday.”

“It’s okay, you’re here now.” You said.

“I still want to do something with you… I want to make up for not being here during your special day.”

You looked at him curiously. He just smiled and grabbed your hand.

“Wait, my bag.” You said.

“Leave it. It’s not far from here and we’ll be back soon.”

“I’ll just get my phone then.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks Jae.”

“It’s nothing.” Jaejoong replied shortly.

“Oh, let’s go there.” Without waiting for Jaejoong’s reply, HeeJoo dragged him to the nearby park.

There were people walking around and teens and kids playing.

“It’s been a while since we walked together like this.” HeeJoo blurted.

“Yeah, I kinda missed it too.” Jaejoong replied.

HeeJoo was happy with his answer. Jaejoong was busy looking around.

“Uwa! I miss that!” HeeJoo exclaimed as he ran to the swing. Jaejoong chuckled and followed her.

HeeJoo sat on it. “You used to push me, remember?” She said.

“I remember. You loved it.” Jaejoong said as he sat on the other swing.

“I miss it. We never get to play anymore. We’re not kids anymore.” HeeJoo said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Jaejoong smiled. He missed the old days too. He took a deep breath and walked behind HeeJoo. Clueless HeeJoo still sat on the swing, when suddenly she went flying.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” HeeJoo exclaimed as she braced herself on the swing.

Jaejoong laughed as he continued to push the swing, HeeJoo went higher. She screamed.

“AAAAAAAAAAHH! Stop it!” She shouted, but she was laughing, she was enjoying it.

“You said you missed it.” Jaejoong said as he laughed again. After one last push, he held the swing to settle.

“You should have warned me first. So childish! Scaring me like that.” HeeJoo said, trying to calm herself.

“You’re the childish one, sitting on a swing like a kid.” Jaejoong teased.

“Yah!” HeeJoo shoved him.

“Sorry for scaring you.” Jaejoong said.

“You are forgiven because you are too cute. Now buy me ice cream.” HeeJoo said as she took off.

Jaejoong chuckled and went after her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“A park… what are we doing here?” You asked.

It was not far from your gallery and you just walked with Yoochun. You turned around when Yoochun didn’t respond, he was gone. You were sure he was just right behind you, but now he disappeared.

“Yoochun-ah…” You called for his name. “Where did he go?..”

You turned again and walked on the path.

“YoonJi-ah!”

It was a voice you know too well, you looked back. You smiled at what you saw.

“Care for a bike ride?” Yoochun asked. It was a 2-seater bike, a couple bicycle.

You nodded and approached him. “So this is what you want to do with me?”

“Yes. Come on!” Yoochun sat at the front. You laughed and sat at the back. You started pedaling.

“Yah, you’re not doing it right.” Yoochun blurted after moments of pedaling. “Why?” You asked.

“You’re too fast, I can’t keep up. We have to have the same pace!” Yoochun said, then he laughed.

“Oh.. sorry.” You replied and you slowed down. But then, Yoochun pedaled faster.

“Yah!” You exclaimed in shock. “Keep up with me!” Yoochun said, laughing again. You laughed too and followed him.

“Are you tired?” Yoochun asked, suddenly stopping.

“No… keep going!” You said, excitedly. Yoochun chuckled and pedaled again.

“You seem to be enjoying this.” Yoochun said. This time you were biking in a slower pace.

“I haven’t done this before.” You replied. “It’s my first time riding a bike like this.”

“Oh… it’s actually my first time too.” Yoochun said.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I wanted to do it with you.”

You blushed, not knowing why but you just let it be. “Why?” You asked.

“I just want to.” Yoochun simply replied. He was blushing too, he was thankful that you could not see it. But he knew he has another reason. He suddenly had the urge to ask you..

“YoonJi-ah..” He was looking ahead, pedaling slowly.

“Hmm?”

“What if you never met me in the Sates, but you met me here? What if I was not like a brother to you?”

He asked so suddenly, but in a very honest and sincere voice. You were confused and you didn’t know how to answer. You looked at his back, you wanted to figure out what he meant, why he was asking you this. What is he really asking? You were silent. Yoochun thought you didn’t want to answer him so he just stayed quiet too, he didn’t expect for your answer anymore.

“I think we’ll be really good friends Yoochun-ah..” You answered, surprising him. “How about you?” You asked.

“Oh… how about me what?”

“What if I was not like a sister to you?” You asked. You wanted to know.

“I think we’ll be really good friends too and…”

“And?”

“And… I might like you.” Yoochun said.

“What do you mean?”

“I might have fallen in love with you…” He wanted to say that, but he didn’t. Something stopped him, he was confused himself. “Nevermind. Forget about it, just forget that I asked or said anything.” He said.

“Okay then..” You were disappointed, you wanted to know what is it really that he wanted to say. But you just let it slide and continued with the bike ride.

You giggled when Yoochun started pedaling faster again.

Jaejoong and HeeJoo was still there walking around enjoying their ice cream when Jaejoong heard a familiar laugh, your laugh, your voice. He looked around for you.

“Jae, isn’t that Yoochunnie? And Lee YoonJi?” HeeJoo said.

Jaejoong turned to where she was looking and he saw you, you and Yoochun on a bike. You stopped pedaling and let Yoochun do the entire job, Yoochun pedaled faster and you laughed, your hair messy because of the wind.

“Hey, this is not fair.” Yoochun complained.

“You’re complaining now?” You teased.

“Yes, I am.” Yoochun replied.

“I’m sorry, I’m heavy huh..”

“You’re not heavy! You’re actually very light, you have to eat more!” Yoochun replied.

“Then pedal by yourself, you said I’m light.” You teased again.

“Yaaaahh..” Yoochun whined and you laughed at him. After a minute you continued pedaling with him.

“Thanks.” Yoochun said. You just laughed.

“They look so cute!!” HeeJoo blurted. Jaejoong ignored it and walked away.  “Jae.. wait!” HeeJoo followed him.

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he just walked. HeeJoo stayed silent and just looked at him. “Is he jealous?” She thought. “Kim Jaejoong is jealous? Does he have feelings for that girl already? He likes YoonJi already? Why is he not saying anything?”

“What was that? Why do I feel like something’s been taken away from me? Or is it someone? Why am I mad? Why are they riding a couple bike? Why do I want to be in Yoochun’s position? Why did I just walk away like that? Why do I want to go back and find them just to see YoonJi’s smile again? To hear her laugh again? But why do I want her to smile with me and laugh because of me and not because of anyone else? Why am I like this? What is this feeling? What is happening to you Kim Jaejoong?” All these questions ran in Jaejoong’s mind. But… “Is this jealousy? Am I jealous? If it is and I am… does that mean, I have feelings for YoonJi.. I.. I like her?” This thought bothered him the most.

Jaejoong sighed. He looked around when he noticed he was alone. HeeJoo was nowhere and he took out his phone to call her. When he saw a message…

“I left, it seems like you need time alone.” –HEEJOO

Jaejoong sighed again. He suddenly felt sad, and he didn’t know why.

Yoochun walked you back to your gallery. The sun was setting and you knew you must go home.

“Thank you for everything today.” You said. Yoochun smiled in response. Unexpectedly, Yoochun hugged you. You gasped in surprise. “Yoochun-ah…”

“The last thing I want to do with you today.” Yoochun said, still hugging you. You looked up. Yoochun pecked your forehead and he pulled back. You froze, shocked. Your heart was racing, you didn’t want to look at him, afraid that he’ll see your red face.

“Thank you for spending time with me today. I should go now, Minho-hyung will come for you.” He said.

You looked down at your feet as you nodded. Yoochun walked to his car with a smile plastered on his handsome face, he waved at you before he drove off. You waved back, a smile playing on your face. You turned around, shocking yourself once again…

Jaejoong stood at the other side of the glass wall, seems like he’d been waiting for you. His eyes caught your attention, they were full of sadness and pain. This worried you, you suddenly felt sad too. You had the urge to hug him and ask him what was wrong, but you just stood there and stared at him, looking directly at his eyes, while Jaejoong did the same.

“Minho-hyung asked me to get you because he’s still busy doing something.” That was all Jaejoong said, and then he walked to his car and waited for you.

“He must have seen what Yoochun did… he’s hurt. What should I do now?” You thought as you stuffed your things in your bag. You smiled when you saw the cake Jaejoong gave you. You carried it and walked to where Jaejoong is.

“I still want to eat this cake with you.”

Jaejoong met your eyes with his. You smiled.

“But your brother told me to get you home quickly.” Jaejoong replied.

“But I still want to spend more time with you.”

You and Jaejoong sat on the nearby bench. You handed him a plastic fork.

“Where did you get this?” He asked.

“Don’t ask anymore. Just eat.” You replied. You took a bite first. “Wow!! It’s yummy!” You said, being a kid again. Jaejoong smiled and started eating too. “I’m sorry.” You blurted. Jaejoong looked at you.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“Just because…”

“Tell me.”

“You looked sad earlier, I am worried… was it because you waited long for me?” You asked hesitantly.

“No.. I don’t know why but when I saw what Yoochun did..” Jaejoong stopped. You turned to look at him. He looked confused. You felt guilty. You regretted it.

“I shouldn’t be bothered about this. Don’t worry, it was nothing. You and Yoochun are really tight, I totally understand.” Jaejoong continued.

That statement struck you. It hurts. “So it was nothing to him?.. But he looked sad..” You thought. “Why did it hurt when he said that?...”

“Let’s go, I’ll take you home.” Jaejoong stood up and walked to his car.

“Of course, it was nothing to him because we’re just friends, right? I am so stupid.” You said. You sighed as you carried the barely half-eaten cake and walked to the car.

“It was nothing Jaejoong. It was nothing. What is even wrong with me?” Jaejoong questioned himself.

The ride was rather quiet. You just stared ahead or looked outside, while Jaejoong just focused on driving. After a while you arrived at your house.

“Thank you for everything today.” You said as you unbuckled your seatbelt.

Jaejoong just nodded and didn’t say anything so you just left and went inside without looking back. And Jaejoong drove off just like that. “You could have said goodnight stupid!” Jaejoong scolded himself.

“Something is wrong… I just know something is wrong..” You thought.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI GUYS~ ^^

i am so sorry for updating /so/ late... it was AFF's fault >< and yeah mine too...

but i was supposed to update 2 days ago... but something was wrong... every time i click 'add chapter' it won't let me... OTL

but yay! today i finally posted the chapter.. ^^

and..

i really write long chapters and i write many details for the readers to understand the story easily ^^

i am sorry again for the late update~

and thank you for waiting and reading! and for your comments thank you! ^^

i love you my lovely readers~ ^^ please don't hesitate to drop a comment.