Chapter 20

Can I be her?


"Why don't you visit the house Alex? Don't tell me it's too far, you've been to fremont a few times." 

 

"You know I'm not welcome there granny." 

 

"That's not true! It's still your family home." My gandma said putting more food in my plate.

 

"Your grandfather wants to have a dinner with everyone, after what happened last time." Right, he was rushed to the hospital that time.

 

"My parents will come?" I asked, I haven't really talked to them for a while. They just gradually sent messages whenever I have a game or when they have news.

 

"Yes, Kaleb too. Your cousins are also coming." Jules too for sure.

 

"Does grandpa want me to be there?" 

 

"Yes." I breathed deeply, I'll be fine it's just one of a few family meetings we ever had.

 

"Okay, I'll come for you and for the food." She smiled sweetly at me.

 

 


"Did you finish your paper?" Ali asked me.

 

"Yeah," she stared at me questioningly. "Seriously, I did." I chuckled.

 

"That's new, you're not whining about it. But good thing you did, earlier than the actual deadline." 

 

"I'm focusing now that the games are finished. I even aced a test." I said proudly.

 

"Good, good. Want a reward?" She teased patting my cheeks.

 

"Stop!" I giggled avoiding her hands. 

 

"Come on, I'll treat you an ice cream then. As a reward." 

 

"Okay!" She giggled at my reaction.

 

 

"Hey, Alex! Congratulations on your win. Come with us later, we'll treat you to drink." A senior asked me while me and Ali are walking.

 

"I'll try, thanks!" I smiled timidly.

 

"I'll try? Like you'd really go." Ali chuckled when we got far. 

 

"It's a polite way of rejecting the offer.." 

 

"Hi Alex!" Group of girls greeted me. I just nodded and slightly smiled at them. We sat outside the store.

 

"I'll order for us, cookies and cream right?"

 

"Yes, thanks!"

 

I opened my ipad and checked my to do list. I'm trying to finish many papers as possible since I'm not gonna be busy with games for some time. 

 

"So, a week after championships and you're this.. academically focused?" Ali placed the cup in front of me.

 

I showed her a cheeky smile, "Why? Does it make me attractive?"

 

"For the record, you are always attractive. You're just getting more approachable, based on many humans you've been interacting lately. Then you're showing your dimples on me now, really?"

 

"I'm just trying new things." I shrugged, more like moving on.

 

"Then will you start dating too?"

 

"Maybe." I looked at her, she looks taken a back. "What?" I asked.

 

"You answered so fast it was believable." 

 

"It is true.."

 

"Lizzie said you never dated anyone, you never entertained anyone." She said.

 

"I don't think that's true." I frowned and I wiped her chin with a tissue. "You're messy, are you a kid?"

 

"If I introduce you to someone, will you give them a chance?" She asked. I said I'd date someone else, but is it fair for the person? 

 

"That depends, only if you'd introduce me to someone decent." I teased, she still looks serious.

 

"Okay, what if... what if the person has the same personality as me? As a bonus, pretty like me too." she flipped her hair.

 

Ali is really kind and attentive, she has this aura that makes people comfortable around her. She's warm and sometimes playful. She's not wrong though, she really is pretty. But I'm not gonna tell her that, she'll probably just tease me.

 

"In terms of personality, yes maybe. But looks.." I acted unconvinced, she flicked my forehead.

 

"Hey!" I laughed at her.

 

 

 

"I miss performing." Lizzie whined. I decided to spend my free time here in hq.

 

We're waiting for Noah because he said he's buying us pizza. I'm here for the free food! 

 

"Want me to find us a gig?" Ethan said. Lizzie's eyes shined as she nodded.

 

"Then we'll need to recruit Alex now." Danny said. 

 

"What? I'll just be your manager." I said. 

 

"No way, you're talent needs to be shown to the world. What do you think Sam?" Lizzie said. 

 

"I totally agree with the idea." 

 

I groaned, "Ugh, fine."

 

"We'll have a break few days from now, why don't we go somewhere fun?" Ethan suggested.

 

"The only fun place we know is a bar." Danny said.

 

"Let's do something else, let's go to a park!" Lizzie said.

 

"Like an amusement park?" Sam asked.

 

"Yes! What'ya guys think?" 

 

"I'm in! You should invite Alicia, lexi." Ethan said, Lizzie nodded in agreement. 

 

"Sam can bring Jules, Noah will surely bring your cousin, and you can invite Marcus too. The more the merrier right?" Danny said.

 

"I'm not bringing anyone." Sam rolled her eyes on Danny.

 

"Stop ogling on Marcus, he has a girlfriend now." I said changing the subject, Danny just pouted. 

 

"The food is here!" Noah announced when he entered the room. 

 

"Lexi, let's have an overnight tomorrow. It's friday anyway." Liz said while eating.

 

"I can't sorry, I'm going to fremont tomorrow night." 

 

"Really? Sam's also have plans there, are you going together?" What? I looked at Sam, is Jules bringing her? No way, it's just coincidence right?

 

"I'm just going to drop by to fremont." Sam said. I hope she's literally just dropping Jules if that's the case.

 

I looked back at Lizzie, "No, I'm meeting my grandma."