Decision Time!

School Days

And to my relief my dorm room was empty and Sungmin was nowhere to be found. I looked over at Donghae but noticed that he had already left to go back to his dorm room and thus leaving me all alone.

He kissed me. On the lips. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!

Where is Sungmin when I need him! What are my feelings for Donghae I’m so confused right now, I don’t know what to do I just wanted to get through school life peacefully with no problems, average grades and an opportunity to join an amazing entertainment when I graduate. And what do I get? A boy whom loves to tease me, a roommate that doesn’t help me reach average grades, and no opportunity to join an entertainment to become famous!

Okay Eunhyuk calm yourself down, you’ll be fine high school life is not going to kill you. A normal high school life usually does include a relationship or two, they never did say exactly which gender you have to be with, and this IS an all boy’s school they should expect these kinds of things, and Sungmin already told me that he wouldn’t view me any differently if I did happen to like men.

Now the real question is…do I really like Donghae? Or is this just a random feeling that will pass soon enough? I’ve never been in a relationship before, I don’t know what couples do on a regular basis. I know there are usually a lot of fighting and arguing, going on dates and doing well er couple stuff, but I’ve never really looked into it.

So being the stupid boy I am, I looked it up on the internet. I went straight to google and typed in ‘What does one do in a relationship?’ That seemed like a good start, besides if I was going to actually form a relationship with Donghae I’d have to be ready for it.

Hmm first webpage is ‘What Men Want in a Relationship’ well that should help both of us out a lot! We’re both men after all, so I clicked the link.

But all I found were tips for women, which I am not. Maybe the internet wasn’t the best place to look. Maybe being in a relationship I should just take things slowly and weigh my options very carefully.

Or maybe I’ll just ask Sungmin for help…

--------------------

Say goodbye to a carefree life and say hello to stress stacked upon stress stacked upon more stress. With less than a month left until the talent show it was time to crack down and give up any free time I could possibly have. Homework was the least of my worries and only cared for it when it was late at night when Sungmin and I would get back after dancing or singing the whole afternoon. I didn’t always spend my time with Sungmin, but being dorm mates it was easy for us rather than other members whom had other schedules to focus on.

It had been a whole week since Donghae and my first date and to be quite honest we’ve barely talked since then. I asked Sungmin for advice but all he told me was to not go too fast and to take things slowly, yeah thanks hyung I already knew that much. Strangely since that day Donghae seemed to be avoiding me or maybe that was me being paranoid since I don’t exactly know what to do in situations like this. Stick me in a dance studio I’ll dance, stick me in a karaoke bar and I’ll sing, but stick me in a room with an awkwardly silent distance Donghae and I might go insane.

“Donghae!” I called out once I spotted him leaving his classroom after school. He turned to look at me, but from his expression he looked panicked and looked like he was ready to give me any excuse in the book if I asked him to hang out with me.

“Oh, hi Hyukkie I would love to stay and chat but I have something I need to attend to.” Donghae instantly spoke not even giving me time to even ask him to do something.

“Not this time!” I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the nearest emptiest place I could find. And on a Friday after school it was quite easy to find since everyone was already attempting to leave school as fast as possible. I had questions and I wanted answers, it’s been a whole week and this boy barely even speaks to me? He stole my first kiss and he doesn’t even talk to about it?

“Look…uh I’m sorry okay?” Donghae spoke softly and if I weren’t paying attention I would have missed it.

“Why are you sorry?” I asked, forgetting all the questions piling up in my head and focusing on Donghae. He was scratching his arm nervously, which is odd for him since he normally never looked nervous or awkward.

“I kissed you last week, and well I knew that was going overboard, but I couldn’t stop myself. I’m sorry I won’t do it again.” He responded biting his lip and trying to look away. “I don’t want to ruin our friendship with something as stupid as that.”

“That was what this was all about?!” I nearly shouted and grabbed ahold of his shoulders. “Are you trying to tell me you’ve been avoiding me for a whole week because you were afraid of the kiss you gave me?” I couldn’t believe it! He holds my hand when I say no, he whispers in my ears when I turn away, he pronounces us together on a daily basis and yet here he is being awkward because he just lightly kissed me on the lips?!

“Look I don’t want things to go wrong okay?!” Donghae shouted back not looking so awkward and nervous anymore. “What do you want me to do?! I already said I was sorry!”

“Well sorry doesn’t cut it!” I yelled back and literally crashed my lips against his not sure what else to do in this situation. I had so many feelings bottled up, a whole week of feelings of being unsure, questioning my feelings for him, wondering if we were just friends or more than that. I couldn’t stand it anymore, I had to let it out somehow!

I’m not quite sure how he reacted to my sudden forceful kiss, but I did feel him weaken under my grasp and pull his arms around my waist leaning into my kiss and kissing back with as much passion as I had. The time seemed to have slowed down and I was too much in a trance to care about what time it was or how long it has been. Sungmin told me to take it slow, I told me to take it slow. Yet here I was speeding up the process.

When the kiss finally ended Donghae looked at me with such passion in his eyes, he was smiling which caused me to smile right back and know that deep down I made the right choice. I’ve never felt like this before and it felt wonderful.

“So that means we’re a couple now, right?” He asked, not shyly but rather as if making sure to confirm it with me before making any assumptions.

“We’ve been one for an entire week, you just didn’t notice.” I replied with a smirk playing across my lips.

It was always good to try new things, so please tell me I made the right decision on this one…