The awkward afternoon

School Days

The morning started off slow and boring but once the day started up it seemed to pass by without a single problem. Saying we were going to meet up at five meant that the whole day was going to be a blur until the rest of the members showed up.

Since we had the entire day Sungmin and I decided to hang around town to get out of our dorm room for once. The weather was nice and it was finally starting to look like spring outside.

“Now that winter is officially over its nice to not have to wear so much clothing.” Sungmin commented as he walked ahead of me only wearing a tee shirt and shorts. I was wearing close to the same thing and just agreed with him. Spring was always one of the best seasons, not too hot and not too cold. Just warm.

“Too bad the rest of the members can’t make it today since it’s such a nice day outside today.” I replied sticking my hands in my pockets and sighing to myself. We haven’t had a weekend in a while with the whole group together. “With this being the last year of a few of the members I was hoping for more times for us to hang out.”

“Yeah, Heechul and Leeteuk are both graduating this year, aren’t they?” Sungmin added sighing as well. Most of us were in our second year, but those two were a year ahead while Kyuhyun was a year behind.

“Mhm, but they’ll be with us today so for the other members, they’re missing out.” I retorted, thinking of Donghae for some reason but quickly getting the thought out of my head.

“What about us?”

I looked over behind me and noticed two very familiar figures standing not too far away from Sungmin and I. Sungmin turned around as well but the look on his face was not one of pleasure when he looked straight at Kyuhyun. I was a little too preoccupied looking at Donghae to really notice much else.

“W-What are you guys doing today? I thought you were busy.” My voice cracked slightly and I straightened up right away. Why was I nervous right when I saw him?

“Our appointment got done early so we decided to roam the town, you guys still up for tonight?” Donghae asked, walking closer to me and held my hand the second he was in reach of it. “Or are we not invited?” He whispered into my ear giving me shudders up my body.

I quickly pulled my hand away and moved away from him. “Of course.” I said through gritted teeth. I looked over at Sungmin but realized he was nowhere in sight and Kyuhyun was gone as well. I was all alone, great.

“Good.” Donghae smiled sweetly and moved to stand beside me. “And since your roommate seemed to have left you I’ll accompany you for the rest of the day, if you don’t mind.” For most people if they saw his smile they’d think he was being sincere, but I’ve known him way too long to not catch the slight smirk on his lips. Why does he continue to act gay around me, and why do I not get as uncomfortable as I should about it.

“Sure.” It’s not like I could really say no.

For the rest of the afternoon Donghae continued to grab ahold of my hand every once in a while and every once in a while I’d have to pull my hand away and give him a look as if attempting to tell him to stop. It never worked.

“Oh come on hyung, why don’t you want to hold my hand? I’m not dangerous you know.” Donghae fake whined just to catch attention around us and all I could do was blush and sigh. If he continues this the whole country is going to think I’m gay with him.

“Can you please stop this?” I whispered into his ear and pulled away quickly before he got any ideas.

“Oh!” Donghae looked at me with a shocked expression. “Not now Hyukkie, it’s not the time for that kind of playing.”

“Oh come on really?” I almost yelled losing my temper, but I calmed myself down quickly and looked at the time. “Oh lookie here it’s almost five better head to the dance studio before we’re late.” I quickly grabbed Donghae’s hand and walked as fast as I could to the studio and avoided all the stares I was getting from the people around us.

“Awww you ruin all the fun.” Donghae pretended to whine but picked up his pace and I let go of his hand after he started walking beside me. “I don’t see what’s the big deal with this, we’re just joking around.”

“Yeah but everyone else thinks we’re serious, how am I ever going to get a girlfriend if you could to act gay with me.” I sighed and attempted to walk faster but Donghae kept up with my pace perfectly.

“Who said I was joking?”

I stopped for a second and looked straight at him with the most serious stare I could possibly muster up in that short time. “Don’t kid with me here.” And with that I walked even faster and did not even look in his direction the rest of the way to the studio.

I could hear Donghae sigh slightly but I didn’t even bother to see what he looked like. He always does this always always always! We’re both straight and yet he continues to act like this around me just to piss me off. Sometimes I really don’t know about him.