Chapter 9 : A tune of the past

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight piercing into Kim Yongsun’s eyelids forced the pink-haired woman to groan aloud as she swam into consciousness with aching slowness. Her head throbbed violently as she squeezed her eyes tightly, turning to her side.

The change of position eased some of the discomfort from the piercing light. She felt downright awful and exhausted as if she did not catch a wink. Somehow, the sheets felt unusually comfortable and she felt as if she was sinking into soft fluffy clouds as she wriggled into a more comfortable position, smacking her lips idly. She clutched the soft plush toy, burying her cheek on it.

The familiar and exotic scent of comforting bergamot filled her nostrils as she caressed the body of the soft toy with her hand idly. Somewhat, her befuddled mind registered all the discrepancies.

Wait. This did not feel like Ryan, her sleep companion.

Her eyes sprang open and she was greeted by the cheerful smiling face of Sunshine, the pink rabbit soft toy with moon and stars.

Oh.

She remembered her former sleep companion far too well since she used to ‘herd’ it all the time. She let out a chuckle at how she used to drive her parents crazy whenever she had accidentally misplaced it. Her eyes widened at how well-loved Sunshine was after more than a decade of separation. She traced one of the moons carefully with a finger tenderly, her lips curling into a faint smile as she studied her long-time companion fondly.

It took a while for her muddled mind to realise that she was hugging Sunshine. Her eyes enlarge dramatically as she shot into a sitting position rapidly. The sudden action had her groaning in pain as she cradled her head.

The ‘pulling’ pain faded after a while. Her watery brown eyes sprang open, anxious. She surveyed her outfit quickly and noticed thar she was in the comfortable sweats of Joohyun, professionally known as Irene of Red Velvet. She expelled a breath she did not know she was holding, placing a hand on her chest.

That meant that she had changed out of a dress into a fresh set of clothes at their apartment the night before. Where was her bright red dress? She reached to touch her face gingerly and noticed that her face was completely bare.

She was touched by the considerate gesture of taking care of her skin. It was nice that her skin had a chance to breathe after long hours of work.

The pink-haired alpha had no memory of the previous night since she was too drunk. She raked her hand through her pink hair, tousling them roughly. “Aish, I should not have touched the alcohol.”

Her foggy mind conjured images of her sipping from a chilled mug of draft beer gingerly, appreciating the fizz on her tongue and the wholesome taste of wheat and rye. Did she only drink a mug? She twisted her head tersely, wondering what kind of impression she had left on her girlfriend.

She was distracted by the familiar concoction of Joohyun’s woody scent and fresh lemon-scented detergent. What happened to her dress? Her brows knitted when her head pounded so hard that she teared. It felt like a zoo of uncontrollable animals had inhabited in her brain.

The pink-haired woman winced as she swung her legs out of the comfortable bed. Her bare feet fell on the polished wood of a low platform, producing a soft pattering of ‘clip’ as her painted nails brushed against the grain of the wood. Huh. She was expecting drafty, sterile cold marble.

Her brows furrowed again in thought. This did not look like the love nest of Seulgi and Joohyun too since she remembered that their guestroom had a lush carpet. Where on earth was she?

As she pondered over this question, her eyes were drawn to the bright pink rabbit soft toy smiling brightly at her—Sunshine. Sunshine! Her answer settled in her like a cold, weight sensation in her stomach as she groaned. She was in Moon Byulyi’s home!

She swore at the top of her voice, upset that their first date had ended this way. Bed? The familiar scent of flowery bergamot hammered her head like a sledgehammer as her stomach knotted painfully.

Yongsun leapt out of the bed as if she was scorched, her eyes wide. She stumbled over the platform, squealing in shock before she straightened herself fully.

Her eyes flew to the large bed, the centrepiece of the minimalist and opulent bedroom. The sky window opened over the bed, allowing sunshine to saturate the whole bedroom.

Focus!

Did she share the bed with Byulyi? Her plump cheeks pinked violently at the thought as she squeezed them. They were new to the dating scene. Byulyi did not seem to have dated seriously before her.

Her hazel eyes fell on the bed, studying the creases on the bed like a forensic scientist, trying to reconstruct the fuzzy details of last night through hard evidence. She circled around the large bed, her hands clasping behind her back. She had watched sufficient crime dramas to know the basics of recreating the scene of crime.

Her generous lips thinned as she touched the smooth surface of the sheets, the other side of the bed. It felt lifelessly cold and completely untouched as if no one had slept on it. Yongsun nodded to herself absently, rubbing her soft chin like an old man who had stumbled into enlightenment after a night of debauchery.

These evidences pointed to a single conclusion: she had slept alone in Byulyi’s bed. She waited patiently for the fresh breath of relief at thought of not sharing a bed with her girlfriend but it never come. All she felt was a dreaded sense of disappointment and a soul-deep yearning to share such sweet intimacy with her.

Her mind drifted to the idea of waking up to her beautiful visage and maybe having the privilege of witnessing how she slept. Would she let out adorable little snores through her sharp nose or her parted lips? Would her long eyelashes dust against her alabaster cheeks as she dreamt? Would the silver-haired rapper seek her out automatically in her sleep?

Her generous lips curled into a smile at her vivid fantasy. She looked like a besotted idiot, thinking about her lover. She snapped back to the present when her head throbbed violently.

“Aish, I’m not going to drink again.”

She massaged her temple gently, trying to ease her pounding headache. Her thoughts drifted once again to the realisation that Byulyi had given her bed up to her. She sighed at the senseless chivary since she ran warmer than the silver-haired omega. Besides, Byulyi was a libertine, surely she would not have minded sharing a bed with her? She rubbed her temples as she walked towards the door absently. She squealed aloud when she stumbled and slammed bodily into the door with a loud ‘thud’.

Pain skyrocketed through her body from her fall. She rubbed the aching spots absently as she picked herself up slowly.

The door swung open slowly as a beautiful face peeked through the gap of the door. Her blue eyes were glassy, her face bare of makeup. Her single eyelids were more apparent, her exquisite facial features softer in the morning light. She found herself stared at her, besotted at the way the rays of the sun reflected off her silver hair, giving her a glow. She sighed breathlessly in admiration.

“Yong, are you OK?” Her voice was deep and delightfully husky from sleep. She dropped to the floor, trying to check for injuries. She rolled up her baggy sweatpants up to her knee as she surveyed her flawless and toned legs. Her knees were slightly bruised from the fall.

Byulyi sighed, brushing her hair away from her face absently. “Seriously.” She rose to her feet nimbly, walking to the connecting bathroom. Soon, she returned with an ointment. She straightened her leg, dab her finger into the ointment and applied it to her growing bruise. “How’s your hangover?”

“Terrible,” confessed Yongsun honestly, slouching, looking absolutely miserable.

“Stay in bed.” Byulyi helped her to her feet and ordered the curtains around the window and sky window to be shut, plunging the bedroom into complete darkness. She guided the shorter woman into her bed again, gripping her elbow to steer her.

Yongsun was glad for the more conducive and comfortable environment. The heaviness in her head faded slightly. She slipped under the covers again as the silver-haired woman ascertained that she was fine.

Without casting another look at Yongsun, the rapper retreated out of the bedroom silently. Before the singer could call her, the door closed with a gentle ‘click’. Somehow, Byulyi felt unusually distant.  Her brows narrowed as her mind backpedalled to their interactions—they were stilted and polite.

Did something happen last night?

Cocooned by the irresistible scent of Byulyi that was etched into the fabric that surrounded her, she could not help relaxing automatically. She wrapped her arms around Sunshine once again, resting her cheek on its face as she drifted off to dreamland.

The next time she had awak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter