Chapter 33: Interlude

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Assistant Producer was more than thankful when Moonbyul managed to use her connections to continue filming sufficient footage to ensure that the team could account. A quick check of the local news back at home revealed that Joo Wooja had moved swiftly, encouraging the release of the news that the entire team of WGM were involved in a massive automobile accident while travelling to the filming site and were seeking medical treatment.

The Assistant Producer had excused the onscreen couple, leaving them to gather wool in the honeymoon suite that Abdul had arranged for them in a moment’s notice. It was suitably romantic, with fresh red rose petals, sweet-scented candles if they wanted to use them. The bathroom was suitably large, with a jacuzzi tub built in and they had a beautiful view of the desert capital.

Abdul’s assistant was considerate, sending them a shopper to purchase clothes for Moon Byulyi and Kim Yongsun while they holed up in the honeymoon suite. Byulyi had lose her leisure outfit of a T-shirt and shorts and opted for a sombre, oppressive jet-black business suit which emphasised her commanding presence.

Yongsun, who was worried sick about the staff, was dressed more causally for lounging around the room. Her mobile was by her side, waiting for any updates. She could not reply to any of urgent messages sent by her family and friends, no matter how panicky they sounded. It was a decision she agreed with but the sight of all the messages flooding in added to her guilt.

When Byulyi chose to draw the large armchair to the window instead of sitting next to her on the bed, her inscrutable gaze was fixed on the side profile of the handsome, brooding omega who did not move an inch in the chair.

At first glance, it looked like Byulyi was relaxed, simply enjoying the spectacular view from such great heights. Her platinum and silky hair framed her heart-shaped face as she propped herself with a hand. Her petite body looked deceptively relaxed, her long and toned legs crossed. If Yongsun was not her mate, she would have believed that this beautiful woman was relaxed. Not the pink-haired alpha who was sensitive to her micro-expression. There was tension in the way her silver brows were slightly pinched, the only sign that she was brooding—no doubt thinking about how to get back at the former CEO of the Moon Corp.

The gleam in her eyes were menacing as she plotted silently.

Yongsun felt a strange potent mixture of feelings: she was similarly angered by the brutal audacity of Byulyi’s Sire, equally helpless that she was in the dark despite being in the heart of the conspiracy, heartbroken for her mate that no matter how many chances she had given him, the former CEO of the Moon Corps was unrelenting in his desire to murder his only legal heir.

She rose to her feet, walked to the beverage counter tastefully built into the wall to keep the aesthetics of the suite. Yongsun brushed her hair away as she threw herself fully into brewing two perfect cups of tea, using the high-end tea leaves provided.

The fragrance of the tea rose into the air and she relaxed at the soothing scent. She set the two porcelain teacups on a small tray, added several sachets of sugar and creamer before carrying them to join Byulyi by the window.

Byulyi finally moved, lifting her head to meet her gaze and smiled faintly out of gratitude. Yongsun took a teacup and set it by her arm as she drew another chair to sit next to the quiet woman.

The silver-haired heiress simply stirred a lump of sugar into her tea slowly, staring at the way the soft reddish-brown liquid swirled, little puddles from her slow action. She closed her eyes, her curly eyelashes brushing against her cheek as she inhaled the scent of the tea before opening her eyes again.

There was only the gleam of interest in those ocean-blue eyes.

Yongsun watched as Byulyi sipped the warm beverage slowly, looking impossibly elegant in the way she carried herself. Her cherry-shaped lips lifted in a lop-sided smile as she met her gaze once again. She was very impressed by her alpha.

“It’s a good cup, thank you, Yong,” spoke Byulyi, the first sentence she had spoken since they had concluded filming. Her voice was slightly rough but she looked in control of her emotions. The aster ring was still on her ring finger and it caught the eye of Yongsun.

“Huh. You’re still wearing the ring,” observed Yongsun, flipping her pink hair over her shoulder absently.

“So are you, Unnie.” There was amusement in Byulyi’s tone. She tilted her head towards the adorable rabbit ring on her fourth finger. She had never questioned the taste of Yongsun when she had chosen this ring as her marriage band then since it was just for the audience. Now, she was tickled: such an adorable, child-like ring on the slender finger of an Alpha. She shrugged. Her alpha was ground-breaking that way—she did not care of the society’s expectations, choosing to express herself fully and without hesitation. It was a courage that Byulyi wished she had.

She sighed wearily, sipping her hot tea once again.

“What’s wrong?” Yongsun asked, confused. She did not know how the sight of her ring would incite such a soul-deep weariness. The pink-haired alpha set her cup carefully, reaching across the small table to take her hand.

“I wish I had your courage,” explained Byulyi honestly, shrugging absently. “Your choice of ring is unconventional for a marriage, albeit an onscreen one, definitely too unusual for an alpha. It’s too adorable, cute and innocent…” She paused, turning to look at her mate fully. “Very much like your stage persona, Yong.”

Yongsun glanced at her ring, studying it for several moments. “It just felt right then.” She remembered how Byulyi had mistaken that she had selected the ring to honour the Moomoos. “You might not have remembered our past but Sunshine is a symbol of our bond, a remarkable, unexplainable connection while we were still kids. It felt right to select this ring.”

The silver-haired woman nodded absently. “Do you know that there was a huge public discussion about your choice of ring when that episode was broadcasted?” There was amusement dancing in her eyes. “I had no idea of the storm that you had created until manager-ssi told me.” She chuckled carelessly. “It was not my place then to comment on an accessory that you would wear all the time. However, I did think that it was a frivolous decision rather than a well-thought out one.”

Yongsun was intrigued, propping her face with a hand. “Frivolous decision? Because it is a rabbit?” Mirth was in her eyes as she held Byulyi’s gaze.

“Yong, it’s a rabbit,” reminded Byulyi, chuckling lightly. “Despite the price tag, it looks like a tacky ring for kids. Will you pick a gift with that symbol when we complete our mating?” The silver-haired woman was obviously teasing her alpha.

“I didn’t,” confessed Yongsun honestly before she realised that she was tricked into answering. She saw that faint flicker of understanding and surprise in Byulyi’s eyes. Without missing a beat, she slapped Byulyi’s arm. “Annoying. You should have told me then that it looked too childish!”

Byulyi’s brows winged upwards. “Did you expect me to be that candid? The other bands were unacceptable.” She glanced at her ring once again. “This reminds me of your first courting gift, that beautiful bouquet of Asters.”

Yongsun smirked, relaxing into her seat. “I know. A cluster of dried-up asters is framed and set on your office table back in your studio. I know it when Hyunnie took a photograph of her and her members after they finished recording their song with you.”

The rapper blushed, choosing to sip her tea quietly.

“I like this unexpectedly sentimental aspect of you, my beloved,” crooned Yongsun sweetly. “So stoic and cold but you’re just so soft.” She smiled to herself, little dimples appearing under her generous lips. Byulyi would only present this vulnerable and soft side to her loved ones.

Byulyi shook her head lightly and sighed again.

The laughter faded from Yongsun’s eyes when she noticed how troubled Byulyi seemed to be.

“Too soft for the next head of a chaebol,” muttered the rapper more to herself. It reminded her of the crisis they had on their hand. “That’s why I ran away from home. I didn’t want to deal with him.”

“And Grandma did not deal with him too even though he is her son,” reminded Yongsun softly, trying to put the matter into perspective.

The heiress stared into the beautiful skyline of the city. “I think I can understand his deep-seated resentment towards me,” mused the rapper openly. “I’m his shame, a reminder of his dishonourable choice of asking the woman he loved to be his mistress, their fruits of love would always wear the shame of illegitimacy. However, Grandma did not reward his choices, blindsided him and gave all that he desired to an offspring born out of a political arrangement. He’s angry at the perceived unjust and he simply wants to snatch everything back.” Her low voice was thick with bitterness.

Yongsun scoffed, flipping her hair. “Coward. He dishonoured his love and expected to be rewarded for that decision? That’s just stupid. Grandma never promise him anything, did she?”

Byulyi shook her head lightly. “No. I doubted she could. After all, I’m the only legitimate heir of both the Lee and the Moon Chaebols.” She became sombre at once.

“Byul, it isn’t your fault,” began Yongsun emotionally, feeling the heaviness of that title. “You’re just caught between two stupid adults who were fully cognizant of the consequences of their decisions. That man gave up his love for the promise of an inheritance. And Grandma, well, you know what she did. You’re merely caught in their crossfire.”

Byulyi’s gaze became colder. “And now you and the other staff are dragged into this conflict too.” She balled her hands into fists as her face hardened. She took a deep breath, centring herself. “Yong-ah, I’m sorry that you can’t tell your family that you’re fine to perpetuate this confusion—”

“—And that is also my decision, Byulie,” reminded Yongsun softly, meeting her gaze relentlessly. “I made this decision knowing the heartache it will bring my family and friends. This decision is necessary. It will protect us and the staff.” Her eyes gleamed with determination.

Those faint brown eyes were so bright and clear, Byulyi noticed. This was an aspect of Yongsun that impressed her immensely, the ability to sieve through the mud, make a decision and never regret it. She knew how much courage one needed to be so decisive.

“I have a very strong alpha,” smiled Byulyi faintly, picking up her hand to brush her lips fondly across the back of her knuckles. The fond appreciation shining so brightly in those remarkable blue eyes captivated Yongsun and she could not look away. “The better half that had faith that we would be reunited again, the better half that recognised us as a single entity while we were only children. The child who saved my life and gave me a friend.”

Yongsun’s cheeks burnt at the sincere admiration. Whenever Byulyi truly praised her instead of teasing her, it filled her being with sunshine. She was always left completely at awe at how highly Byulyi regarded her, the rapper was an incredible woman herself. Flustered, the pink-haired alpha looked away, brushing the errant hair away from her face.

The pink-haired alpha felt Byulyi’s hand on her chin, directing her to meet her gaze fully. “I might be slower than you, Yong. I’m never letting you go, even it means that your family and you would be dragged into this brutal storm. It sounds selfish but I want to honour your choice and I will do anything to mitigate the damage.” Her light blue eyes hardened instantly as if she came into a decision and that commanding aura flared—a metamorphosis.

The pink-haired woman did not know what decision the younger woman had made—she did not need to know—she smiled brightly, her adorable dimples appearing under her generous lips. “Byulyi, you’ll always have my support.” She touched the hand that took her chin and laced their fingers together. “No matter what decision you make. I will always be in your corner.”

The eyes of the rapper stung painfully at Yongsun’s heartfelt support and remarkable kindness. A lump appeared in , touched by how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter