Chapter 16 : Episode 4 - How is it like living together?

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sweet chirping of birds and refreshing noises of the wild woke Moon Byulyi up. She could feel the sunshine on her face, a weight that seemed to anchor her to this unfamiliar bed. She wrinkled her nose when long pink hair tickled her nose and the irresistible scent of bergamot and sunshine filled her nostrils and saturated her lungs.

The rapper took a minute to savour this very moment. Beyond that faint tickling of her nose and her unique and calming scent, she could feel a weight resting on her body, their legs entangled intimately. She could feel the faint warm of sunshine on her skin. Her soft snores filled her ears, a delightful tune, and she could not help but smile. She felt cocooned protectively by the commanding presence of Kim Yongsun.

Her eyes fluttered open to drink the first vision of the morning. She was greeted by a head full of tousled pink hair and the sweet scent of floral shampoo. Her hand was stuck during combing out her straight hair. She could not help but chuckled gently at the adorable sight.

The older woman shifted at her husky giggle, her head lodged into the crook of her neck lazily. She continued to lay on her side, her legs entwined with hers. Gazing at her, Byulyi could feel a faint stir of inspiration tickling the back of her mind as the sweet tune played in her mind.

The rapper was switching the instruments around in her mind to capture that sweet and light feeling she was experiencing as she pillowed her head with just an arm, the other arm curled around the petite woman still lying on her. Byulyi’s silver brows furrowed when she felt a familiar hardness against the inside of her leg—Yongsun was very decidedly alpha, so unlike her adorable and sweet self. The expression was so innocent that the cherry-shaped lips of Byulyi drew in a lopsided smile.

She had never had this peace in her heart since she would always be rushing to get a project done or head to another schedule.

Then, the older woman stirred in her arms, her breathing growing shallow, a sign that she was finally waking up. She pushed her arms upwards, nearly punching Byulyi under her jaw but the latter had avoided it nimbly, mirth dancing in her eyes. The singer inhaled deeply before she sat up, not even conscious that she was in the intimate space of Byulyi. Her eyes were still close as she sat upright, brushing against her body as she tousled her pink hair absently.

She spun and walked to the connecting bathroom automatically, slipping her hand into her pyjamas to scratch her bottom idly like an old person before she closed the door.

Byulyi was giggling lightly as she sat up, her back resting against the headboard, gold dancing in the middle of her eyes as she cushioned her neck, looking comfortably relaxed in the bed.

There was a loud flushing sound, the noise of the tap running before Yongsun shuffled out of the bathroom, her eyes still closed. She crawled into the bed ungainly, dropping back into slumber, treating the set as her home.

The rapper was now amused, chuckling aloud, earning a smack on her arm and a furrow of her brows. Byulyi’s eyes widened in shock and amusement before she leaned to touch her closed mouth to hers gently, earning a soft and calming purr.

Yongsun blinked open, staring into the bare face of her girlfriend kissing her chastely. She slid her hand up her nape and deepened the kiss, pulling the rapper down so that the later was hovering over her. She smiled into the kiss and pecked her lips before drawing away, staring intently into those gleaming blue eyes that were warm with happiness. “Good morning,” greeted Yongsun affectionately, caressing her cheek. Little dimples appeared under her generous lips as she grinned wildly.

“It is,” cooed Byulyi threading her hand through her pink hair lovingly. She sat up, crossed her legs and continued to look at her unblinkingly. “You’re beautiful, especially with the rays of the sun playing with your hair,” gushed Byulyi brushing the pink hair way from her face. “And the sunlight reflecting off your honeyed eyes like a spark. I think this is where the world begins, right in the delicate gleam of your eyes.”

Yongsun smacked her chest as she shrieked in dolphin laughter, rolling on the bed. She held her stomach as she continued shrieking in laughter until tears filled her eyes. When she was no longer so tickled by her greasiness, she sat up, wiping the tears off her eyes absently.

Byulyi combed her hair dutifully so that she looked more immaculate before their gaze met and held again. Gold twirled in the middle of Byulyi’s exceptionally blue eyes as Yongsun’s eyes curved into twinkling crescents, little indents appearing under her generous lips. They had no idea how long they were staring deeply into each other eyes, completely enamoured by the other.

It was Byulyi who averted away first, coughing lightly. Her cheeks were a crimson red. “I…I’ll clean up first.” She leapt off the bed and sprinted into the connecting bathroom before she heard a reply from her girlfriend.

Yongsun blinked in surprise at the sudden burst of speed. She gave an absent shrug before she climbed out of the bed and began making the bed, ensuring the corners were perfect squares.

“Good morning, Sunshine,” chirped Yongsun. She leaned in and kissed the head of the rabbit soft toy. “Thank you for taking care of my heart.” She drew a finger down its cheek. She was surprised that the sun was fully up which meant that she had slept in.

She padded downstairs to see what she could whip up for them. It would be their first breakfast together. There were fruits that she could cut into pieces and she remembered the way that Byulyi had pressed close to her, teaching her how to handle the knife properly. Blush rose to her cheeks at the memory of her closeness. Her girlfriend might be inexperienced in the kitchen but she was a very quick learner.

The singer decided to just prepare scramble eggs with bread since they did not have an oven. She rolled her sleeves up to bare her toned arms as she got to work quickly to prepare their breakfast, heating a pan.

She was only conscious of the presence of Byulyi when she saw a dangling strawberry in front of her. She leaned in to take a bite of the juicy strawberry, the sweetness exploding in a burst on her tongue. She nodded her head approvingly and felt Byulyi wiping the juice that dribbled out of with the pad of her finger.

“Watch the pan,” cautioned Byulyi, her gaze trained on the drying pan on the stove. She put that same finger into to clean it.

“You’re distracting me,” complained Yongsun, frowning. She waved her hand over the surface of the pan and found the heat lacking.

Byulyi continued to feed her the rest of the same strawberry as she prepared the coffee maker. She slipped her favourite capsule in and set it in expresso mode as she prepared the steamed milk with one hand expertly.

“You like your coffee,” observed Yongsun, keeping an eye on the pan. When the pan was heated up, she added oil on it. There was the soft sizzling soft of hot oil. “You might want to stay away for this,” cautioned Yongsun.

Byulyi frowned at it, took a large black apron and helped Yongsun to put it on dutifully. “The hot oil looked like it will splatter. There is moisture in eggs.” She secured the knot behind her waist properly before stepped away to deal with her coffee.

True to her prediction, the oil splattered when she added the eggs to the pan. She turned the heat all the way down and continued to scramble the egg by folding it with the spatula. “Overeasy?”

“Fully-cooked,” added Byulyi offhandedly. There was a whistling sound of steam her steamed milk was finally prepared. She added it to the cups, making two fresh cups of cappuccino. “I’ll plate the fruits that you cut and set the table,” added Byulyi as she took the cups of cappuccino to the dining table before returning to plate the fruits nicely.

She stole a strawberry and munched on it as she took the beautiful platter of cut fruits to the dinning table too. When she returned, she made a beeline for the cutleries to set up for breakfast. “Butter and Jam?”

“No butter for you. You’re greasy than it,” joked Yongsun as she plated her scrambled eggs first since she preferred over-easy ones and continued to cook the scramble eyes until they were rubbery.

“Plebian, that was poetry,” chided Byulyi, unaffected. “Think they will make for fine lyrics.” She brushed her finger across her nose.

“No, they will not,” fired Yongsun back as she turned off the heat of the stove and plate the remaining eggs. She eyed at the rubbery scrambled eggs with faint interest, wondering how anyone could digest this. “It’s just too much.”

“They will make fine lyrics,” insisted Byulyi without missing a beat as she nodded approvingly at the eggs. “Salad?”

“In the morning? Are you dieting? You look perfect.”

Byulyi frowned at her. “No. It’s good to have more fibre in the morning. It helps with the cleansing of the body. Not that I need them recently. I have been living a lifestyle of a monk, staying away from all worldly desires.”

“Aiggo, what staying away from all worldly desires? You merely stop indulging in the pleasures of the flesh,” muttered Yongsun. “And what you sprouted this morning cannot be used as lyrics.” She walked to the long dining table and set the porcelain plates down. When she looked up and meet Byulyi’s gaze, she realised that her girlfriend was openly checking her out.

She followed her enamoured gaze to her toned biceps. “My jangjang are nice, aren’t they?”

Byulyi huffed, folding her arms across her chest. “I will agree that they are nice if they serve their purposes. And why can’t I use those poetic lines as lyrics for an upcoming song?” She titled her chin up challengingly.

“You just can’t. Write something else.” She sat down and waited for Byulyi to slide into the seat facing her. She took the glass of cappuccino and drank it. The richness of the coffee tastebud. The faint sweetness and frothiness of the milk completed the whole gastronomical experience. “This is good.” She took another strawberry from the plate and finished it, including its leaves.

“Those are leaves!” Byulyi’s eyes widened in shock. “I should have plucked the leaves off the strawberry but I like the visual contrast of its juicy redness and the fresh green leaves. Don’t eat them.” She reached to pluck the other leaves off the strawberry and set them aside.

“It’s just leaves. I’m lazy to remove them.”

Byulyi rolled her eyes openly as she continued to dutifully remove the leaves from the strawberry and placing it closer to her hand.

“Byul, eat first. I can handle these on my own,” sighed Yongsun when she saw that determined gleam in her eyes. There was nothing stopping Byulyi when she had that look. She decided to change another tact. She leaned in and kissed her suddenly, surprising the younger woman with her boldness. She froze, her hand in the midst of pulling the leaf away from the fruit.

The younger woman tasted of the sweetness of strawberry and the faint robust taste of coffee. The flavour was simply addictive.

Byulyi blinked owlishly before she touched her lips and blushed. “Seriously!”

Yongsun grinned wildly. “What?” She pretended to look innocent. “I needed to thank you for your hard work.”  She winked at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter