Chapter 31: Episode 9.1 - Insecurity

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Moonbyul, you are crazy,” muttered Solar, not even remembering that they were wearing a microphone. They entered an oyster-shaped building surrounded by fountains, a luxury in Dubai since it used to be a desert. When she entered the lavish and new building, she came face to face with the world’s deepest pool. It followed the concept of a sunken city, an underwater city waiting for experienced divers to explore.

Moon Byulyi was terrified of water due to her near-drowning incident that happened when she was a pup. Why would she willingly want to be here?

“You understand that we’ll be diving into deep waters?” asked Solar, worry in her voice. “Wifey, I don’t think you should attempt this at all. You’re not that competent in swimming.” For once, her protective nature seeped out naturally at the thought of Byulyi in any sort of danger.

Moonbyul smiled toothily. “Wifey, I can pick up the beginner course with you if you need a refresher. Isn’t the point of diving to remain under water?” She stowed her hands into the pockets of her cream shorts absently.

The pink-haired woman growled wordlessly, really to tell the production crew to stop filming so that she could have a good talk with her omega in private. No way her wolf was going to allow her mate to enter such a deep pool of water when she was just learning to swim.

“OK, OK,” interrupted Moonbyul, raising her hands up in surrender after catching that gleam of determination. “If you’re really against me going underwater, then we should attempt a challenge together.”

The pink-haired alpha folded her arms, trying to look stern. “I would agree to any challenge as long as you do not enter the water.” She took her hands gently, trying another tact. “Byul-ah, will you just agree to my request please?” She tried to give her puppy eyes to convince the usually headstrong woman not to go ahead with what she perceived as a suicide plan.

Byulyi rubbed her pointed chin absently, taking her time to consider her request solemnly. “Any challenge, Wife?” She repeated, taking note of her countenance.

Solar nodded ardently, raising her hand up to swear. “On my word, Wifey.”

Byulyi’s cherry-shaped lips curled in a faint smile. “OK. I agree to the request then. Remember that you cannot regret this, Wifey. You promise to attempt a challenge together.”

Yongsun heaved a sigh of relief as she smiled widely, glad that Byulyi had accepted her request. She placed her arms on Byulyi’s shoulders, pushing her towards the exit excitedly, hoping that she could get the rapper out before she changed her mind.

“Wifey,” laughed Byulyi, her nose crinkled adorably. It was music to her ears. “I said I won’t go underwater. I never said anything about you.” She took her hand, entwining their fingers together. “Come, I know you love diving, Merbun. You have certificate on diving don’t you?” She waggled her brows at her playfully, teasing the older woman for her collection of licenses.

Solar nodded hesitantly, wondering what Byulyi was up to. “What are you going to do then?”

“I’m going to watch you enjoy yourself underwater, Wifey. There is a viewing gallery with a café just for guests who aren’t divers—”

“Diving alone?” Solar’s eyes widened.

The rapper raised a brow, surprised by the question. “This itinerary was added by a member of the production team who loves diving. Ms Lee will join you in water to film you too. Let’s go, I’m really excited to see you enjoy yourself in water.” The heiress took her hand and yanked her towards the counter to settle the paperwork for her and the production team member to dive together.

They were only going to attempt to dive to explore the habitats between 6 metres to 12 metres. There were viewing galleries for Byulyi and the rest of the production staff to enjoy them exploring the different habitats.

WGM crew had already came with an agreement with the management of the Deep Dive Dubai, which was also the home to underwater filming studio and classes to film the singer and their crew member’s dive, supplement their footage with the footage taken from the underwater cameras.

Solar, along with the crew member, Lee Guk Mi joined the briefing and the quick introduction to the habitats. Moonbyul sat next to her mate, learning along with her while she kept her company. Despite not diving, she was as thrilled as Solar at the prospect of challenging a dive so unique.

Moonbyul accompanied her mate to fetch her diving equipment and body suit. Solar was swinging their joined hands excitedly at the very thought of the dive. “Did you know beforehand that WGM was bringing us here, Byul?”

The silver-haired rapper smiled brightly, her nose crinkled. “Of course. It was through my manager. He had to check if I had a diving license hidden up my sleeve. I didn’t. And I do know of this attraction since it was opened due to business reasons.”

“Oh?” Solar paused to look at her with narrowed eyes.

Moonbyul nodded at her without missing a beat. “I was planning to take you here if the WGM crew doesn’t. I know how much you love the water. It is nice to be diving in a country that historically depended on diving for oyster pearls for businesses.” They walked to the changing room before they released their interlinked hands. “I’ll wait for you here and accompany you to pool later.”

Yongsun’s eyes curved into twinkling crescents, her heart full of warmth at Byulyi’s presence. The latter could have gone to the viewing gallery first and wait for them to dive but she decided to keep her company as long as she could. If they were always from the cameras, she would have pulled the younger woman closer for a kiss.

There was promise in her eyes of wonderful things to come at night when they were finally allowed to retire to their own rooms. She closed the door of the changing room and began changing into the wet suit.

The rapper dropped a quick message to Joo Woojae, informing him to join her at the viewing gallery of the Deep Dive Dubai after his meeting. Her childhood friend had travelled with them to Dubai to assist her to plan a quick honeymoon before they returned to Korea and to deal with the businesses that Moon Corp had invested. He was in the tallest hotel of Dubai, speaking to the manager about the recent business development.

Byulyi was determined to be a bit braver after Yongsun had worn a revealing top that could have exposed the mating bite at certain angles to the filming of WGM. Besides, after the filming of the honeymoon had concluded, their contract would have ended which left them free to purse romantic relationships.

The production crew member was the first who had changed and stepped out, blushing furiously at the sight of the handsome Moonbyul waiting patiently for her onscreen wife. For once, she had lost her suits for a casual attire of blue button-down shirt and cream shorts. Her silver hair was held in place by a black baseball cap and allowed to cascade down her face to her back neatly. There was just something attractive about the stoic rapper as she rested her back against the wall and checked her mobile.

“Moonbyul-ssi,” greeted the blushing production crew staff, Lee Guk Mi, sinking into a bow. She tucked her black, errant hair behind her ear coyly.

The rapper lifted her face and glanced at the blushing woman. She wore a polite smile as she returned the bow. “Please help me take care of our Solar when you’re in the water later. She might be too overwhelmed by the excitement of being in water, exploring the different habitats.” Her smile became tender.

Ms Lee blushed furiously, waving her hands around wildly. “No, no, it is part of my duty. After all, I will be filming her exploration underwater. You don’t have to be so polite, Moonbyul-ssi.”

Moonbyul adjusted her cap as her lips curled in a lazy, lopsided smile that sent the heart of the unsuspecting, very single Ms Lee fluttering. “Unnie, you’re really cute,” smiled the silver-haired rapper, gold dancing in her eyes. “You will enjoy your dive with Solar,” grinned the rapper, knowing that the affable and kind alpha would ease the production crew and involved her in the exploration.

“Byul, are you still outside the changing room?” Solar’s voice rang nervously. The rapper gestured for Guk Mi to get ready first since she had to check her equipment too.

“Yes, Wifey. There is no one else. Do you need help?” The door swung open, revealing a ravishing Solar with her pink hair piled on the top of her head in an updo, her neck bare. Her wet suit was not zipped completely. Byulyi, the ever-dutiful mate, reached automatically to pull up the zip properly.

Yongsun twisted and pulled the younger woman into her arms, swooping to kiss her cherry-shaped lips passionately. She pulled away, tilting her head as she pouted openly.

“What’s wrong?” Byulyi was confused by her sudden display of affections. She scanned the corridor outside the changing room before returning her attention to her.

“Walking flirt,” grumbled the older woman, pinching her pointed nose.

The rapper yelped, pushing her hand away as she backed out of the changing room. She rubbed her nose, easing the pain. “I didn’t do anything—”

“—I don’t want you to be surrounded by handsome Arab men or pretty ladies when I glanced through the viewing gallery later.”

Mirth was in her sparkling blue eyes. “You won’t see pretty Arab ladies, I think, so you’re safe on that aspect—”

“—Who said anything about pretty Arab ladies? Ladies in general,” clarified Yongsun, her eyes narrowed at her omega.

“Merbun,” began Byulyi quietly, holding her gaze ceaselessly. She could see no hint of teasing in her brown eyes, and she became very stern. Her voice was barely audible. “Do I inspire such intense insecurity in you?” She knew her alpha was a very secured woman. However, it seemed like the pink-haired woman had been a tad too driven by her emotions after the rapper claimed her.

The irritation faded from her brown eyes, replaced by shock. “I…” She was trying to search for the words to explain to her omega.

Byulyi shook her head lightly as she backed away once again, raising her hands into the air. “I get it, Unnie. I really get it.” There was a deep sting. She could not hide her hurt as she backed out of the changing room. It seemed like after all this time, the rapper could not inspire her mate to trust her. The rapper knew that her colourful history, along with her disdain of commitment had cemented that impression that she was simply a jerk and Casanova. She lowered her head to adjust her baseball cap and soon she was wearing a neutral expression. “Unnie, you should join Ms Lee in the pool since you’re dressed. Let’s go.” She waited at the corridor patiently, as if that hurtful conversation did not happen.

Yongsun was at a loss of what to say to alleviate the tension. She wanted to linger here to clear the air but a quick glance at Byulyi revealed that the younger woman was not inclined to talk more about this topic. She decided to fold her clothes nicely and store them in the locker outside. Together, the onscreen couple headed to the pool.

The rapper decided to play it cool, engaging the singer in a causal conversation until they reached the pool. One side of the pool were lined with full-length windows to allow the natural sun to brighten the hall. The walls were decorated tastefully.

Byulyi was naturally not allowed to be too close the pool.

Solar and Guk Mi had rinsed themselves with water before returning to sit at the edge of the pool to wear all the equipment needed. Two instructors were helping them, speaking to them in faintly-accented English.

“Wifey and Unnie, have fun. I will see you underwater.” Byulyi waved at them before retreating to the side where another camera person was following her. “I’m actually quite excited to see the habitat too. Shall we go to the café?”

Together, the WGM team and Byulyi headed to the viewing gallery a floor down. The viewing gallery was furnished to be very comfortable. Her footsteps were muted by lush carpet. The faint scent of coffee filled the air, giving that relaxed ambience. The windows into the pool were full-length, stretching from the ceiling to the floor.

They had a good view of the initial dive from the top of the pool as the diver descent about six metres before they could turn into one of the habitats. The long corridor was wide, lined with windows that showed the divers interacting and exploring the habitats.

Moonbyul was surprised when she met the owner of the Attraction, a friend of hers in boarding school. Abdullah was dressed in the traditional white, cotton wear of Arab men.

“Moon?” His almond brown eyes widened in surprise at the sight of her. “Oh, come here!” He yanked the shorter woman into his arms firmly.

Moonbyul patted his back before she released him and stepped away. “Aw, you made your two hobbies into an attraction.” She gestured around them absently.

Abdullah smiled widely. With his five’ O clock shadow, he looked simply rakish. “Wait, are you an actress?” He studied the production team surrounding her curiously, noting that they were trying to guess what their relationship was. “I never knew you had such inspirations, Moon.”

“Let me introduce you to the producer,” added Moonbyul. She grabbed his hand and pulled the cheerful man to a dignified older man dressed in a T-shirt and shorts. “Producer Seo, this is the owner of Deep Dive Dubai, Abdullah.”

The producer was surprised that she actually knew the owner. He shook his hand and returned the pleasantries in broken English. Moonbyul immediately offered to help him translate and she facilitated as the bridge of communication between the two men.

The producer thanked him for the use of the facility and the cooperation to use their footage for the filming.

Abdullah was thankful that through this programme, this attraction would reach Korean audience. The producer, seeing that the owner was more anxious to catch up with his friend, excused himself.

The Arab took her hand and pulled her to a table next to the viewing gallery. “One of your colleagues are in the water? I see a woman with an underwater video camera, filming another woman.”

“Yes, we are in the music industry. I’m a rapper, not an actress.” She tidied her silver hair absently.

“Why are you shooting this programme then?” There was a teasing tilt in his tone as he looked at his old friend.

“My studio thought that it would be a good idea to uh… join a programme like this. I’m married to that diver.” She pointed at the pink-haired diver who was swimming around like a mermaid.

He folded his arms to observe them openly. “Seasoned divers.” He glanced through the window at the two women diving deeper and deeper into the pool. “Yeah, can tell that they are comfortable in the water and was diving deeper easily. Is diving a popular sport in your country?”

Moonbyul shook her head. “Nah. I don’t think so. You shouldn’t ask me anyway.” She shrugged absently.

“You do realise that you need any experience in swimming to scuba dive? If you’re interested, I can teach you too.”

She shook her head lightly. “No, I promised to keep dry.” Her gaze was attracted to the way Yongsun looked so free in the pool. Her cherry-shaped lips curled in a fond smile. Her alpha was so fit, her silhouette so sleek and trim. She brushed her silver hair away from her face absently. She was disappointed that Yongsun did not seem to be looking for her even though she knew that she was in full view of everyone in the gallery.

Byulyi was startled when Abdullah’s voice was close to her ear. With an elegance that was drilled into her bones, she did not express that surprise openly. “Why are you so close, Abdul?” She turned towards him, narrowing her eyes at him.

His smile widened playfully. “You’re interested in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter