Chapter 24 : Episode 8 - Perfect Duet

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi, dressed in a white T-shirt matched with distressed jeans, sat cross-legged on the floor, her silver brows knitted as she studied the A3 coloured paper in front of her, the makings of a handmade poster.  Kim Yongsun was lying on her stomach, drawing with a marker. She was dressed casually, a -hue shirt that emphasised on her lithe and slender frame, her pink hair swept to the side as she frowned in concentration.

After the disastrous dinner at Kim’s house, the rapper had been thinking of ways to convince Mr Kim to accept her. She knew that his bias stemmed from the way her family had probably treated him when he had rescued her. She had so little memories of that period, so traumatising that her body had forgotten it to protect her sanity.

Even though Yongsun did not speak of the matter, the silver-haired omega knew that their relationship was placed on hold. The pink-haired alpha was a very respectful and filial daughter. She would not try to advance their relationship until she received the blessing of her family. Byulyi was not at all disappointed, glad that they were slowing down. If they had received blessings from the Kim family, they probably might claim each other before ‘We Got Married’ had finished broadcasting.

The beautiful omega wore a neutral expression, barely paying attention to the excited pink-haired alpha designing their invitation poster.

The production crew was filming them as they worked on preparing for their wedding ceremony later. Some of the staff were already at the wedding site, setting up for a sweet wedding in the evening.

“Unnie, have you written the itinerary for our wedding ceremony?” She dropped on her stomach, in a rare break of manners, laying next to the busy Yongsun. She reached to brush her pink hair away from her face tenderly.

“No, I have just decorated ‘You’re hereby invited to witness the matrimony of Moonbyul and Solar!” Solar moved her hand away to show her the title.

Moonbyul cocked her head, tapping the middle of her cherry-shaped lip absently. “That’s so formal, Unnie. I thought we wanted to keep it simple and casual?” Was that not what they had agreed in the previous episode? That inspired their choice of wedding attire.

“Oh!” Yongsun gasped, forgetting about the theme of their wedding completely. She raised a finger up, frowning in concentration. “I could add smiley faces and it would be more causal.” She brightened up at her own solution. “Byul, why don’t you draw Merbun and Hamzi? There is quite a lot of space.”

“What? That’s for my entertainment! I’m not going to add them in,” groused Byulyi, frowning at her girlfriend. She folded her arms before her chest, looking unwilling. No, she was not sharing the caricature of them with the rest of the world.

Her eyes widened when Yongsun grabbed her arm and began swinging it around as she pouted cutely.  Her heart fluttered violently at the sight of the bubbly singer showing her ageyo. Her cheeks turned crimson right away as she stared at the older woman in daze.

Yongsun, realising that she might have gone overboard, released her arm, unable to take the sheer intensity of her bright blue eyes. Byulyi stared at her as if she was her entire universe and was glad to be lost in this very moment. She evaded her earnest gaze, blushing immediately. Her heart was hammering so loudly she was certain that her girlfriend could hear it. “I’ll add the itinerary now,” quipped the singer weakly, lowering her head to focus on her task. “What are we doing again?” Her mind was completely blank, filled with the image of Byulyi staringly devotedly into her eyes.

Omo, her girlfriend was too much for her heart. It seemed like after the dinner at her family house, Byulyi had became more relaxed about showing some of the private side of their relationship.

The younger rapper was not going to let her girlfriend off so easily after the latter blinded her with her adorable ways. The silver-haired woman reached to grasp her soft chin almost challengingly, her cherry-shaped lips curled in a rakish lopsided smile that sent Yongsun’s heart racing. “Byul,” whimpered the singer coyly, looking around for help. She was helpless to this confident and alluring version of Byulyi and she hated that the younger woman knew this weakness of hers.

Byulyi rubbed Yongsun’s red, bottom lip slowly with the pad of her thumb teasingly, her intense gaze pinning the older woman. The pink-haired woman could only look into those beautiful blue eyes, falling into her trap almost willingly. Her lips parted slightly as her eyes fluttered close, leaning closer to the captor.

Yongsun closed her eyes and leaned in, as if she was going to kiss her lips. She felt Byulyi pinching her nose painfully and her eyes sprang open as she glared at the younger woman. She smacked the rapper on her arm a few times to get back at her. “Yah! Why did you pinch my nose!”

Moonbyul merely laughed, her nose scrunching cutely. She did not avoid her blows, amused by her annoyance. Kim Yongsun was cuter when she was irritated. She reached to pinch both of her puffed up cheeks. “Why are you so cute, Unnie?” teased the rapper, leaning closer to her. Little Indian dimples appeared on both sides of her cheeks, adding an indiscernible charm to the younger woman.

“Aish!” Solar pouted, rubbed her cheeks. “Ms Moonbyul, will you help? We wouldn’t be able to finish this on time if you’re not focused on the task.”

“Did I hear that you need help?” A familiar voice drifted from the main door. Two familiar faces popped in the house, the rest of MAMAMOO, Wheein and Hwasa. They were already wearing a microphone, looking very impish.

Moonbyul stood up immediately, remembering her manners. She wiped her hands against her jeans. “Just come in, Wheein-ssi and Hwasa-ssi,” urged the rapper, automatically becoming the host. She reached to pull Solar to her feet to greet them.

Wheein waved her hand frantically. “Unnie, don’t be so polite!” She sank into a deep bow immediately, pushing the head of Hyejin along so that they were bowing at the couple awkwardly.

“Omo, why are you bowing, Wheeinie-ah and Hyejin-ah,” mused Solar, walked to help them up. “You look beautiful.”

Hwasa decided to pose ily, raising her hand while cocking her hip to a side to show off her handsome outfit of a white dress shirt and black dress trousers. She had left an untied silk bowtie around her neck. The outfit could barely contain her voluptuous curves, adding a delicious dominant feminine air to her.

On the other hand, Wheein had worn a white mini-dress that clung to her curves, accentuating her slender body. “Wheein-ssi, you are a beautiful fairy today,” smiled the rapper, admiring her outfit. “I think you two looked more like the couple getting married today,” teased the rapper, flipping her silver hair over her shoulder.

Hwasa did not need to consider as she dropped to a knee, reaching for her hand. “Marry me, my butterfly fairy.

Wheein cringed as she tossed hand aside, squealing. “Hyejin-ah!” Her face looked cutely squashed. The younger alpha merely chuckled huskily, liking the way her long-time friend flinched from the theatrical ways. She wore an impish smirk, brushing her hair away from her face.

Solar glared at Byulyi. “Did you just flirt with my member?” She gestured to Wheein, her eyes narrowing.

Moonbyul looked completely innocent. “No. I was just stating the truth.”

The pink-haired alpha glared harder at her, folding her arms across her chest as the two other members of MAMAMOO howled in laughter. They crossed the room to high-five one another as they laughed. Yongsun could feel her a muscle on her face ticking from how well they got along with one another, leaving her out completely. She harrumphed, stomping her feet. She dropped on the floor to return to her task of designing the invitation poster.

“Unnie, I can do that,” offered Wheein helpfully. She was the most artistically-inclined out of the whole lot of them. Her mother was an artist after all. She kneeled forward, careful not to expose herself to the camera due to the short hem.

Byulyi, seeing the issue, walked to the sofa, grabbed her leather jacket and dropped it over the lap of Wheein to protect her modesty. “Wheein, do you want me to grab a blanket instead so that it is more comfortable?”

The younger omega smiled sweetly at her, touched at how considerate the rapper was. “Do you have a throw blanket I can use instead?” She felt embarrassed that she was using Byulyi’s jacket to protect her modesty, picking up her faint sweet scent from the garment.

The silver-haired rapper contemplated before heading upstairs.

“Byul Unnie is very sweet, Unnie. You have a very good taste,” remarked the single-dimpled woman, flashing a thumb-up.

“Should I be afraid that you might snatch her away?” asked Solar, brushing her pink hair away from her face. “She pays far too much attention to you.”

“No, Unnie doesn’t,” protested Hwasa instantly. “Unnie usually looks only at you. You’re just too oblivious to notice,” teased the younger alpha.

“Are you now teasing your mighty leader?” asked Solar in a calm voice, folding her arms across her chest slowly. She raised a brow at them.

“No—”

“—No, Unnie.”

The two younger members of MAMAMOO instantly replied, looking browbeaten by the faint threat. Footsteps resounded once again and Moonbyul appeared with one of their blankets, folded neatly just for Wheein’s use. She handed the colourful blanket to Wheein in exchange for her jacket and the younger omega covered herself properly.

“Were you bullying the two young girls?” quipped Moonbyul, mirth shining in her blue eyes.

“Yah, I don’t bully my members,” snapped Solar, her cheeks puffed up adorably. She glared at the silver-haired woman. “Why are you so protective of them?”

“Because they are my bias,” reasoned Byulyi without missing a beat, wearing a faint smile.

Solar growled. “What about me?”

“You can’t be my bias because you’re going to be my wife,” countered Byulyi logically, not seeing why the older woman was so upset.

There was a pause.

“Aiggo, you’re so greasy!” The pink-haired singer smacked her arm as she cringed. “So jingle! I’m gonna practice my piece for later now.” She pushed the pile of colourful markers to Wheein and Hyejin as she made a beeline for the office.

“Unnie, we were supposed to practice!” Moonbyul wanted to follow the pink-haired alpha but she realised that she should not leave the two guests alone in the living room. It would have been awkward since the filming crew was also here. “Damn, this woman.” She shook her head lightly.

“Practice?” Hyejin looked interested.

Wheein hastily worked her magic over the poster, adding the itinerary in her fancy scrawl. She ignored them, having a lot of fun with the design of the poster.

Byulyi waved her over after looking around warily. The younger alpha joined her quickly. “We agreed to perform a duet together. However, we did prepare surprises for each other.”

The eyes of Hyejin brightened up immediately. “Are you going to serenade to Unnie? Did you compose a song for this occasion?” She looked at the older omega with so much earnest that the latter blushed.

The rapper shook her head lightly. “I did change the lyrics of a song a little to suit the occasion. I have also practised on an acoustic guitar.” She took out her mobile and showed her the song that she had selected.

Hyejin studied the modified lyrics and smiled brightly. “It’s sweet. It’s really sweet. Do you want us to help you?”

The silver-haired omega considered the question. “No, I’m good. I think Unnie might have some ideas that need help.” She stowed her hands into the pockets of her trousers.

“For the duet?” quipped Wheein, raising a brow. “I’m done with the poster.” She lifted the poster up for their inspection.

“You’re really talented, Wheepup,” grinned Byulyi, flashing a thumbs-up at her. “Ah, I need to draw something.” She grabbed a marker and started to draw Merbun and Hamzi in. Merbun was wearing a cute silky black bowtie while Hamzi was wearing a veil.

“Oh, that’s adorable!” Wheein gushed. “A rabbit with a mermaid tail? Is that Unnie?” She slapped her thighs when she noticed that distinct smile. “Oh, I saw it on the back of her phone. It was drawn on a post-it.” She gave her a meaningful look, comprehending why her leader had treasured it.

The silver-haired omega blushed furiously, rubbing the back of her neck. She could hide nothing from this intelligent and observant omega.

“Wheein, do you want to go into the office first and see if your Unnie needs help?” suggested Byulyi.

Wheein nodded excitedly, standing up. She folded the colourful blanket and handed it back to her. The scent of her Unnie and Byulyi drifted into her nose, surprising the younger woman briefly. This colourful blanket was Yongsun’s favourite, she was astonished that it held both of their scents. “Thank you for the blanket. I’m surprised that Unnie was not upset that you offer this to me.”

The silver-haired rapper chuckled, her nose scrunching cutely. “You’re her member. Unnie would not mind too much.”

“Unnie would rather you use her blanket than Unnie’s leather jacket,” added Hyejin cheekily. “My heart is too attractive for her own good,” sighed the younger alpha theatrically before she clung on the arm o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter