Chapter 26: 'You're getting married."

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAMAMOO clinched many awards on the first week of their comeback with their new titled song ‘Paint Me’, a collaboration with Moonbyul. The beautiful music video garner the interest of experts within the industry and the public from the unique collaboration between the powerhouse and the famous rapper who had recently started making public appearances.

Everyone was surprised that the powerful and stylish rapper could sing, her voice light and frothy like a cloud, a contrast to her emotive and powerful rapping. The music video was also well-received since it also featured a short clip of Solar serenading to a surprised Moonbyul as the latter stood on the other end of the piano, it was a sneak preview to the episode of Solar proposing to Moonbyul, scheduled to be broadcast two weeks later.

Some of the industry experts felt that this was witty and efficient marketing, riding on the surge of popularity for the onscreen couple, Solar and Moonbyul. However, they could not deny that it was a musical masterpiece, showing the keen sensibilities of Moonbyul and Kim Dohoon.

Moon Byulyi took some time off her work just to tackle the issue regarding her identity as the only heir of two Chaebol. She had already promised Mr Kim that she would find a way to leave her clan so that Kim Yongsun did not have to live under their suffocating thumb, the only criteria for the patriarch of the Kim family to accept her as a dating prospect.

She had hired a team of barristers to investigate the issue and provide a solution. She may not want the inheritance but she did not want these estates to fall into the hands of her greedy step-siblings who had been eying her inheritance since she was a pup.

The silver-haired woman was in her personal gym, bench-pressing. Her silver hair was tied messily in a ponytail as she did her reps, feeling the burn of her muscles as she continued to work out. Her shirt and tights were dark with sweat. Silver strands of hair was stuck to her face and neck. It was a good burn to take her mind completely off her clan. Her eyes were a penetrating blue, her face contorted with concentration as she pressed with a precision to maximise the use of her muscles.

There was an incessant buzz of her door, breaking her focus. She snarled, placing the weights back into position. She grabbed a face towel jerkily and wiped her face, her brows narrowed with irritation.

Who would harass her at this hour? This bugger better had a good reason.

Her march to the door was filled with annoyance. Her silver brows narrowed as she checked the display and saw someone she had been expecting to see since she was making small waves.

Time had been kind to him, barely leaving any traces on him besides the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes. He wore another power suit, a bespoke black business suit as if he came from another meeting. Once again, he was dressed immaculately. The pocket square that decorated his pocket was perfectly folded without a crease. There wasn’t even a strand of hair out of place, his hair neatly parted on the side.

She hooked her wet towel around her neck, her cherry-shaped lips thinned. From the knowing look glinting in his blue eyes, she gleaned that he knew that she was at home and there was no way she could not avoid this impromptu meeting.

The rapper schooled her face into an indifferent mask and pressed the button to unlock the door. “Just let yourself in,” uttered Byulyi impatiently, backing away from the main door.

The door opened and that older man filled her entire entrance as he stepped into the apartment. His gaze scanned the living room openly and nodded with grudging approval. Once, the imposing sight of CEO Moon would have her eyes twinkling with awe. It was rare that her Sire remembered her existence. She was a replica of him after all, inheriting his finest and aristocratic features.

“CEO Moon, what a lovely surprise for this visit.” Her smile was wry as she walked further into her opulent apartment, ignoring the older man. Her voice was thick with sarcasm. Her back was against him. “Just cut to the chase and leave. I’m a busy woman,” announced Byulyi, brushing the silver strands of hair away from her face. She dropped on her leather couch, stretching her arms across the back of it. She deliberately did not excuse herself to be properly dressed, an obvious rude and restrained way of chasing her unwelcomed guests.

The muscle under his brow ticked at the sight of his properly-raised daughter all sweaty and dressed only in a soaked exercise outfit that clung to her slight curves. There was no invitation to sit or even an offer of a drink.

That faint annoyance became an open look of disgust at her poor manners. He was used to be treated like royalty, his beloved children and subordinates quick to please him. He snorted. “What happened to your manners? You have wasted all our energies in raising you right, Byulyi.” He spoke in English bitterly, his tone unemotional and condemning.

If she had any residue need to honour their familial bond, it was all swept away by his quick reproach. She snorted, lifting her head carelessly to look at him considering. Tensed silence stretched between the two stubborn individuals, neither of them backing down in this contest of power.

Somehow, CEO Moon could not stand the sheer revulsion and disbelief in those identical blue eyes. He looked away, reaching for the buttons on his black jacket elegantly to undo it before he sat down, manspreading. He shall be the bigger man in this time but he still needed to wrestle control from his wayward daughter. The signet ring on his little finger glowed as he sat with his back straight. “All that time at school seemed to misplace your memory of home and duties to the clan. You better wise up if you still want to come into the grand legacy of the Lee and the Moon.”

“Who the are you to chide me in my home?” Byulyi’s use of vulgarity was intentional, just to see the older man clenched and unclenched his square jaws out of sheer anger. She gestured around the apartment with a hand casually. “None of this was bought with your stinking money, so you better take that stick out of your arse and cut the chase.”

“Brat. Is that how you speak to your elders?” snapped the elder man, his thick brows narrowed. He raised his voice by a single octave.

“I’m not your wimpy son or adorable and spoilt daughter who needs dear Papa to rescue them from every e they stumble into,” mocked Byulyi in a sing-song voice. She rolled her eyes at him. “If you have nothing else to say, the door is that way.” The proud rapper rose to her feet gracefully, walking to the main door to open it again.

Her navy eyes widened at the sight of towering and slim man by the door, dressed stylishly in a black jacket over a white shirt. The new guest was dressed in a bespoke suit of charcoal-black, almost as black as his curly and dark hair, a contrast to his fair and flawless skin. The jacket highlighted his broad shoulders and trimmed waist—a well-proportionate body perfectly sculpted, powerful. It was unlike some men whom she had met whose clothes seemed to burst, unable to contain the sheer power of their muscles, something she found highly unappealing. He walked the suit, emphasising his best qualities like his narrowed waist and long legs. If he wanted to, he had the genes to be an excellent runaway model.

Clinically, the new guest was an enticing feast for her eyes. However, she had no idea why this handsome stranger would be at her door.

He bowed deeply at the sight of her, unsurprised by the drenched exercise outfit.

“Ms Moon, it’s my pleasure to meet you finally. I’m Joo Woojae.” His smile was sweet as he leaned in, taking her hand gently. Still bowed, he brushed his lips across the back of her knuckles, his lips lingering far too long on her hand to be considered polite.

The rapper drew her hand from his, indifferent. After all, she was a more astute flirt than him and was very resistant to such moves. Her mind whirled at the myriad of possibilities, especially at how openly delighted he was to meet her. This man wore his heart on his sleeves, not bothering to hide how mesmerized he was with her, especially in her drenched exercise clothes that emphasised her lithe figure. She categorised this person as a man that could be manipulated easily. She cleared , reminding him to remember his manners and the man quickly tore his eyes from her body to meet her gaze shyly.

“Your fiancé,” stated CEO Moon, hiding his smile, gesturing to him distractedly. “Grandmother has already made the decision for you to marry this fine young man into our family in a week’s time.” He clapped his hand on his broad shoulders. “The preparations had been made, all thanks to your siblings. All you need to do is to turn up.”

Her stomach writhed at the thought of a marriage without her input. She supressed the need to panic. “Oh? Get your precious daughter to attend that wedding then,” refuted Byulyi immediately, keeping her expression neutral. She had a hard time suppressing her rage that they could just drop in so rudely and expect her to obey like a little pet.

“Do you think you have a choice in this, Byulyi?” There was mockery in his eyes as if he was looking at naïve child. “You’re the only heir that Grandmother acknowledges.” He brushed his jacket idly and pointed to him. “Grandmother has chosen Joo Woojae, second son of the Joo family to be your partner since you’re merely an omega. He will manage the Lee and Moon estates to once he takes you as his wife.” There was annoyance in his eyes that he was passed over. “Anyway, it’s about time that you grow up instead of just mucking around with that little company of yours.”

“Father, please,” interrupted Woojae softly, trying to calm the two individuals down. “It is a feat for Ms Moon to be able to start and manage a company all on her own at her age.” The admiration faded from his eyes. “This news must be too abrupt for Ms Moon. We should leave since Ms Moon is busy.”

CEO Moon’s face tensed as he glared at the younger man. “I only allowed you to address me as ‘Father’ because of Grandmother’s approval.  Don’t think too highly of yourself. You are not even part of the clan, young man. You don’t tell me what to do.”

Moonbyul scoffed. “Fancy taking your temper out on someone younger when all he spoke was the truth.”

“You think it is easy to maintain control over two multinational companies?” CEO Moon was affronted since his daughter had stuck his weak point. “I managed them for you!”

“Sure,” agreed Byulyi without missing a beat. “How difficult could it be to hire the right talent for the job? Yet, you leave the important positions to blood-related idiots who exploit the positions. Is it any wonder why Grandmother only wanted to leave the Lee and Moon legacy to me?” There was derision in her cold blue eyes. “You can’t barely steer the two companies well despite the good foundations and connections. We have been incurring far too many losses due to those buffoons you let loose in the company.”

CEO Moon growled at the insult as he closed the distance between them. “How dare you. You’re still merely a child.” He snorted. “I know what this is about,” smirked CEO Moon. “Grandmother would never allow you to marry a lowly performer, definitely not a woman. Entertainers like Ms Kim Yongsun make delightful and entertaining bed warmers but they are too tasteless to be a spouse of an heir.”

Byulyi growled at that insult, reached to grabbed him by the lapels angrily, her eyes dark with rage. Even though CEO Moon towered over her, she was able to scare him with her strength. “You better not touch her or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.”

The older man scoffed, shoving her hands away from him as he straightened his suit sternly. “Vulgar. And what can you do? You have nothing.” He glanced at the quiet Joo Woojae, studying Byulyi openly. “If you don’t turn up at the wedding one week from now, just be prepared for Grandmother to use all means to remove her permanently.”

Her blood ran cold, recalling how callous and brutal Grandmother could be—it was one of the reasons why she could control CEO Moon. “You don’t speak for Grandmother. And it is rich that you actually know the meaning of vulgar. After all, you made your beloved a secretary and often enjoy her expert bed warming in the office where our staff can appreciate.” Her sapphire eyes were filled with derision. “Mind yourself first, CEO Moon, before you stick your disgusting fingers into mine.” She shoved the two men out of her apartment before slamming the door on their faces.

A beautiful wedding invitation slipped through the door into the apartment. She saw her name with Joo Woojae and she exploded from rage. “!” Her chest was heaving due to uncontrolled rage. She scrubbed her face tiredly. Now, she was on a short runway to settle this pressing issue. She snarled, balling her hands into fists and started punching the wall so hard repeatedly. The pain that skyrocketed from the injured knuckles eased the violent storm of emotions and calmed her down.

She dropped on the ground, pressing the foot of her palms into her eyes until she was blinded by stars.

As the anger ebbed away, replaced with calculating coolness, she only saw a way out of this mess. She needed to speak to her grandmother after making a few arrangements.

Byulyi hastily made a few calls to ensure that there would be her people looking after the Kim family and MAMAMOO. She tapped the middle of her lips absently, wondering if CEO Moon would try to force her hand by destroying RBW.

The rapper realised that she was no longer alone and had far too many people to think about. In the past, she could uproot herself and just leave until the storm subsided. However, that was no longer an option.

She picked up the wedding invitation, glaring at it. The ceremony was set in a week’s time in the ballroom of the most expensive hotel in town. She did not understand why Grandmother would force her to marry someone suddenly.

No, she had to speak to the Matriarch to clear her doubts. With that thought in mind, she took a shower, readying herself as if she was going to a war. She spent time choosing her clothes: the bespoke slim black jacket that accentuated her petite figure, a black silk shirt tucked into black, slim trousers. She completed the dangerous boss look with a black pocket square and a thick gold ring on her middle finger, bearing the emblem of the Lee clan. She kept her silver hair cascading down her face, a contrast to the all-black ensemble.

An aura of danger clung to the stylish silver-haired woman. She picked up her car key for her most expensive ride, an electric blue Lamborghini and sped all the way to Gangnam. It had been a while since she had returned to the vast family mansion, the seat of power of two clans.

The majestic mansion looked as cold and imposing as the last time she saw. A door man opened the door for her and stood aside. He was an unfamiliar face but the chilling and commanding aura urged him to serve her. She tossed her keys to him, inclining her head sharply at him.

She ascended the marbled steps of the well-maintained mansion with an elegance that was drilled into her bones. With each step, Byulyi transformed into that desired heiress of two highly respected chaebols.

The butler of the household greeted her formally. “Miss, you are finally home. Madam has been waiting for your arrival.”

Byulyi nodded once again. “I’ll see Madam now.” She walked briskly to the majestic stairs and climbed up to the main office where Grandmother was waiting for her. She paused at the French door, centring herself. She buttoned her jacket again, brushing her hand through her clothes carefully to ensure that there were no creases.

She rapped on the door lightly and waited with clasped hands.

“Come in.” Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter