Chapter 17: A Brief Interlude

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their mission came after lunch in a form of a very discreet message to the two celebrities while they were alone. Moon Byulyi had showered in the 2nd level bathroom and changed into comfortable sweats for lounging around the set.  She sat down on the bed as she checked the message, her silver brows knitted into a frown.

“Romantic event 1 – Plan a date for your partner. This date will take place at home. The date must take place today. The judges will vote for the most romantic date and the winner will have the chance to propose to the partner.”

Her blue eyes brightened up with glee at the new mission. A burst of competitiveness filled her as she contemplated what she ought to do. There were no parameters, simply the date must be at the set so that the process can be filmed.

She stood up and paced back and forth in front of the bed, trying to find ways to surprise her girlfriend. As she came close to the full-length window, she was greeted by the sight of Yongsun swimming in the pool below. She cut through the water like a swiftly, her even, efficient and powerful.

The silver-haired omega rested her hip against the full-length window, savouring the sight of Kim Yongsun in her element, swimming with such vigour that she would think that she was a mermaid. Her pink hair that was tied up into a bun was completely drenched from her swim.

What kind of a romantic event could she plan for her girlfriend that was acceptable for filming? She thought of the newly-composed song that she had worked in the morning. She dropped a text to the producer, asking if she could leave the set to prepare for the date since she wanted to dress properly.

The producer accepted her request. Sheer thrill bubbled in Byulyi as she found a piece of paper to leave a hand-written note for Yongsun. With a tongue stuck from , she drew a little cute hamster poking the exaggerate plump cheeks of a rabbit with a mermaid tail. “That reminds me of some mascot I see elsewhere,” mused Byulyi, tapping on her lips. “Ah, a merlion from Singapore. She shall be a Merbun” Her lips curled in a roguish lopsided smile.

She grabbed her car keys, sniggering since that meant that Yongsun had to be stuck in this house, headed to the car and drove off. She returned home to pick up a beautiful black lace dress and the gift she had prepared a while ago when she was window shopping.

Byulyi smiled to herself when she remembered that Yongsun was also in her size, which meant that she could prepare something for Yongsun to wear. She walked into her walk-in wardrobe and sat down, examining her clothes. What would she fantasise Yongsun in?

Her cheeks became pink at the thought. Suit. She wanted Yongsun in one of her Thom Browne suit. She leapt into action, grabbing a white dress shirt along with a full grey suit with the distinct tricolour stripes. She hummed to herself as she picked up a pair of black combat boots and socks.

She placed them in a suit bag quickly and drew another picture of Merbun wearing a suit. She dialled for a delivery of lunch for them since she promised the older woman before she headed back to the car, carrying all the things she had packed.

On the way back to the house, she picked up tteokbokki, an iced cup of coffee and a bottle of coke for herself. The younger woman managed to slip into the house through the garage.

She glanced out of the house and noticed Yongsun lounging on one of the chairs, dressed in a bathrobe. The older woman shot into a sitting position after reading the message on her mobile and swore aloud.

“G Audience!” yelled Byulyi back, sniggering a loud. She covered with a hand, her eyes curved.

“Should you not have said something, cheater?” shot Yongsun loudly as she rose to her feet. Her brows were knitted when she realised that she had lost good time to prepare for their date. She was fired up to win this competition.

Byulyi stuck her tongue out at her. “Unnie, you snooze, you lose.”

“Aiggo!” Yongsun combed her hand through her pink hair in frustration. “You little ,” huffed the singer as she stomped indoor, completely forgetting that they were filmed.

Byulyi dashed upstairs to escape from her irritated girlfriend. “C’mon. Don’t be such a grouch when you spent your early afternoon doing what you love.”

Yongsun followed her upstairs, still scowling at her. “It’s a competition.” She slapped her hands together. “A competition! You understand what that means? Do you know if we can go out to get stuff? Wait, the producer did add another message.” She brushed her pink hair away from her face as she read the message. Her eyes widened as she glared at Byulyi. “You little , you went out just now!”

The eyes of Moonbyul widened at her open swearing. “G audience, Solar-ssi!”

The pink-haired alpha ignored her innocent face, extending her hand to her impatiently. “Hand it over.”

“What?” Byulyi looked bewildered. “You are not going out in this bathrobe right?” She quirked a brow. “Lunch is also on the way. I got us kimchi rice.”

The older woman pulled the lapels of the robes close, her brows furrowed.

“Byul, you better hand over while I am still nice,” threatened Yongsun with a fake smile while her eyes shot daggers at her. She tapped her foot on the ground impatiently.

“What?” Byulyi pretended to not understand her request. She pretended to look around, wondering what her girlfriend wanted.

“The car key, Byul. That’s what,” fired Yongsun, her brown eyes blazing with irritation. Without a warning, the competitive singer sprang on Byulyi, pushing her on the bed and pinning her on it.

Byulyi yelped as she fell on her back, the mattress absorbing her full weight. She felt hands reaching into her side pockets before withdrawing sharply. She raised her arms as she curled into herself, terrified by this aggressive Yongsun.

“There is nothing in my pockets—”

She yelped high-pitched again when she felt Yongsun grab her by her waist and twist her so that the slim rapper was on her fours, her derriere in the air. It was such an embarrassing and compromising position for the rapper to be. However, the tightness of her jeans revealed the location of the poorly-hidden car key in one of her back pockets.

“Yes!” Yongsun stuffed her hand into her back pocket and pulled it out. She waved the car key in the air triumphantly, a knee resting on the bed to support herself. She patted the derriere of Byulyi playfully before she scooted off the bed, unaware of the growing redness of the silver-haired omega’s face.

“What the hell were you trying to do, Unnie?” exploded Byulyi finally when she scrambled off the bed quickly as if she was burnt. Her silver brows were narrowed, her jaws clenched tightly. There was a sharp scent of distress in her scent.

Silence stretched between them.

Solar finally realised that she had angered her girlfriend completely. Her brown eyes were wide when she took in Byulyi’s potent rage. In that mood of playfulness, she had manhandled the silver-haired omega just like how she would play with Hyejin. “I…I’m sorry,” offered Solar, realising that she had screwed up big time. She placed her hands behind her back in contrite, bowing her head.

It did not seem to appease the younger woman. The silver-haired woman stomped to the side where she had left two suit bags. She picked one of it and threw it on the bed vehemently. Then, she marched to the cupboard briskly, fished out a nicely-wrapped present and tossed it on the bed too.

“You won the competition,” snapped Byulyi, her legs spread to her shoulder-width. Blood pounded in her ear. She could not stand the sight of her girlfriend at this very moment.

Yongsun crossed the bedroom immediately. “Byul, I’m sorry,” offered the contrite pink-haired woman, plea in her eye. When she tried to reach for her hand, the enraged woman backed up and threw her hands up in the air. Her heart ripped into pieces at the way her girlfriend was so guarded against her. She dropped that hand limply, lowering her head.

The silver-haired woman took a deep breath, looking in the general direction of her face. “Just let me cool down, Unnie.” Her voice was emotionless, tossed out absently to ride over the awkwardness. “Shower and do whatever you need to do. I’ll return for lunch.” She stowed her hands into the pockets of her sweats and jogged downstairs and out of the front door.

The lack of her distress in the air certified Byulyi’s absence. Yongsun could see the silver-haired woman breaking into a full run, sprinting away from the house as if she could not wait to put distance between them.

She walked to the full-length window and let out a wordless whimper at the sight of her girlfriend running away from her. Her wolf wanted to give chase and made sure that the omega was safe. She ran her hand through her pink hair in frustration, growling to herself.

How could she have messed up so badly?

It must have been humiliating for Byulyi to be forced into submission. She scrubbed her face tiredly before she remembered that they were still filmed.

She swore under her breath, knowing that their fight was captured. The singer hastily grabbed her mobile and called the producer. There were fires she needed to put out and it was important to protect Byulyi’s reputation.

At her insistence, the producer deleted the entire footage. Besides, they could not use that due to the ratings of the show. The tension faded from her shoulder.

“Solar-ssi, would you prefer if we stop filming for today?” asked the producer nervously. He had watched some of the footage and knew that Byulyi had stormed out of the house.

Yongsun combed her hand through her hair. “I just need to properly apologise to Moonbyul-ssi. I would also prefer if you considered this competition to be Byulyi’s victory and allowed her to make the choice for the proposal.”

“Traditionally, it is an alpha initiated ceremony. I think it would be romantic if you proposed to Moonbyul-ssi.”

“Moonbyul-ssi isn’t an average omega. I’m not too certain if she would appreciate being proposed to,” quipped Yongsun wryly. “May I turn off the cameras until I make up with Moonbyul-ssi? We can then film the date and call it a night.”

The producer agreed at once. It was good to work with the leader of MAMAMOO since she was usually part of the executive decisions and knew how to reduce losses for the filming team. “Just turn on the cameras when you’re ready, Solar-ssi. Please try to reconcile with Moonbyul-ssi. Fighting!”

The call ended on good note

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter