Chapter 25: Back to the Kims

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi stared at the reflection of herself in a white, silk short-sleeve pyjamas. It contrasted brilliantly against her alabaster skin and ruddy cheeks after she had a nice warm bath. The upper top was baggy and her petite frame was hidden by it. She had tied her silver hair into a ponytail. On the collar of the pyjamas was a finely stitched, orange full moon and a silver star. She touched the finely -stitched symbols lovingly as a faint smile crept on her face.

Those girls were very thoughtful.

She retreated from the small bathroom, padding into the bedroom she shared with Kim Yongsun. Just for tonight, Kim Yongsun had her ablutions in the toilet of the first floor so that they would not waste too much time on filming their first night. Seeing that the bedroom was vacant, she headed downstairs in search of the members of MAMAMOO.

Her eyes were drawn to the baby blue and pink balloons that were floating under the stairs, obviously filled with helium. The two unique and hearty laughter was a signpost to the location of the three girls. She grabbed a blue balloon and headed out of the main door towards the pool.

The three members of MAMAMOO were lounging around the dimly-lighted pool, having fun. They were holding a balloon each. “My turn. My turn.” Hwasa some of the helium from the balloon and began to imitate Minnie mouse playfully and the two women threw their heads backwards as they guffawed, smacking their laps.

Moonbyul’s gaze gentled as she approached them. She untied the balloon and a bit of the helium before she greeted them. Her adorable squeaky voice gained the attention of the MAMAMOO and they could not help but burst out laughing especially since the silver-haired rapper looked very serious.

Solar had already showered and changed into a similar set of white silk pyjamas. Her pink hair was tied in a messy bun, tendrils of pink hair falling around her bared neck. The only difference was that a blue sun was stitched on the collar of her pyjamas. She brushed her pink hair away from her face and sat up, making space for the younger woman. Tears were still in her eyes from laughing too much.

Moonbyul automatically sat on the recline chair and Solar adjusted herself quickly, blocking the cool summer breeze with her body. There was nothing much the pink-haired alpha could do to ensure that the younger woman did not catch a cold due since they were still being filmed.

“Why are you hanging out here inside of the living room?” Moonbyul’s gaze vacillated to the guests.

“Because of the two mermaids,” squeaked Wheein after a mouthful of helium again. She jerked a thumb to Hyejin. “She wanted to sit by the pool and enjoy the breeze.”

“It’s such a wonderful night,” countered Hyejin, brushing her hair away from her face. “And it is also peaceful.” She smiled happily, pulling her legs up. Her white dress shirt was opened to reveal her deep cleavage, her sleeves rolled to her elbows casually.

Wheein had changed into sweats belonging to her leader since she came in a mini dress.

“Peaceful?” Moonbyul egged, raising a brow. “Thankfully we don’t have neighbours, otherwise they would have barged into our house from all the noise you are making. Were you planning anything with these balloons?”

Wheein and Hwasa shared a glance. “We wanted to decorate your house since it is your wedding day. It should be more festive,” answered Hyejin. “But we were distracted.”

Wheein nodded cheerfully. “By how good Yongsun-Unnie look in our present—”

“Not by the balloons?” Solar corrected, her eyes curved into twinkling crescents as she smiled. “I was attracted by a conversation between two giggling Minnie mouses.” She shrugged. She leaned slightly to reach for Moonbyul’s collar, straightening it carefully. “I love the pyjamas.”

“I chose them,” announced Hwasa proudly, puffing her chest up.

“And I stitched those emblems on them just to differentiate the sets,” added Wheein, brightly. “It’s our wedding present.”

Moonbyul smiled brightly. “It’s really comfortable and beautiful. Thank you, Wheepup and Hyejinie.”

“Do you want some drinks and snacks? We could play some board games,” added the silver-haired omega.

“Or we could also compose a song to commemorate tonight,” added Wheein, rubbing her hands happily. Her dimpled smile was so sweet that Byulyi could not help but smile at her.

Hyejin nodded fervently.

“Damn, MAMAMOO are a bunch of workaholics.” She glanced at Solar openly and the latter merely shrugged.

“We were handpicked by CEO Kim,” reminded Solar absently. Their CEO was known to be a very intense creative. Her gaze returned to her members. “But composing at this hour?”

“That’s the betrothal gift,” explained Wheein excitedly. She leapt out from her seat and grabbed Byulyi’s hand, surprising the latter with her boundless energy at this hour. “To the studio!” She pulled the astounded silver-haired rapper back into the house to the office, leaving the two other women behind.

“Yah Flourcake, wait for me!” Hyejin yelled, following the two omegas quickly.

“Yah, let go of my wife, Wheepup,” fired Solar, chasing after them too. They quickened their pace and joined them in the studio. Their instruments were returned to the rightful positions, the computer was .

They were sitting on the floor with plain scores. The two younger women were sitting on both sides of Byulyi.

“Are we really going to start from scratch?” asked Solar, stunned. It was impossibly for them to finish the creative process.

Hwasa smiled impishly. “It is a betrothal gift from us right? Of course not.” She brandished a thumb drive and waved it around before she plugged it into the computer and played it.

The sweet notes of the tune reverberated around the studio and they nodded to the song as they listen attentively, falling in love with the melody instantly. Byulyi inclined her head after the tune finished playing, instantly grabbing a pencil and an empty paper as she walked to the keyboard briskly and started to play by ear quickly, switching between the sounds before she decided on grand piano, playing confidently as she nodded attentively.

Wheein and Hyejin smiled at the rapper. They were very familiar with how talented their senior was in music and were not surprised that she had perfect pitch. Solar nudged Hyejin. “When was this tune recorded? I just handed the tune to CEO Kim yesterday.”

Wheein and Hyejin shared an impish smile. “Just before we came, of course. I heard that you had a first draft of lyrics.”

Moonbyul glanced at Solar, impressed. “Unnie, you composed this melody.”

The older woman brushed the tendrils of pink hair away from her face shyly, nodding. She walked to the guitar and took out her mobile and started strumming the song on the acoustic guitar expertly. She strummed as she hummed the song and Byulyi immediately joined in with the piano, playing along with her.

The two younger members of MAMAMOO shared a glance with each other, their Unnie were indeed very talented and compatible. They were not surprised when the silver-haired rapper switched the grand piano to a drum set and added some beats to the bridge. “We could do a rap here,” smiled Byulyi.

“Come on!” Solar rapped theatrically.

Everyone started giggling wildly at her freestyle rap.

“Ah huh,” added Moonbyul, switching to play the beat with a swagger.

“Ah huh, I’m Solar.”

“Yo, MAMAMOO,” added Moonbyul, playing along with Solar as she repressed her laughter at the exaggerated way she was rapping. Gold danced in her eyes.

“Ah huh, we are MAMAMOO,” added Hyejin, pouting ily, as she flipped her hair deliberately. “We’re on WGM, celebrating Solar and Moonstar’s wedding.” She stood up, pretending that she was holding a mike. She reached to pull Wheein on her feet easily. “Wheein has something to say, ah huh.”

“Listen to me, Moonbyul thinks that Solar is crazy,” rapped Wheein as she made the sign of going crazy. “After Solar gave all of her to her.”

“Or when she gives those come-get-me eyes,” added Hwasa smoothly, staringly intently into the eyes of Wheein. She smiled playfully.

“No, it is the way that Solar dance. Come on.” Wheein hooked her arms around Hwasa as she adulated her hips as Byulyi changed the beat. She nodded at Solar openly and she came in with the strumming of her guitar to the same melody.

“I’m such a fool for you,” crooned Moonbyul and Solar threw her head back and belted a note.

Hwasa took it a notch further as she belted one note higher, winking at Wheein and she finished the colouration by belting another note higher.

The silver-haired rapper stopped playing as she bobbed her head to Solar’s strumming.

“Always a fool for you.” Solar closed her eyes, her nose twitching upwards as she sang that note sweetly.

That beautiful note lingered in the studio, reverberating in their hearts. Moonbyul could only smile, her nose crinkled. Wow, that was beautiful. She was impressed how the session ended on such a note.

Hwasa and Wheein merely smiled, equally enamoured, as they let themselves lingered in this moment just a moment longer.

It was Moonbyul who cleared her voice. “I don’t think we can finish composing a song tonight, MAMAMOO. That rap is…. uh unusable.” She could think of another time in which she enjoyed music solely for its sake.

“It’s OK,” added Solar, setting the guitar down. “It will probably need more work, Byul.” She gave a dimpled sweet smile to Moonbyul.

“I had fun though. Thank you, MAMAMOO,” added Moonbyul emotionally. Somehow, horsing around them reminded her of her first love—music. Why she had made up her mind to enter the music industry. “That’s more meaningful though.”

Hwasa and Wheein shared another look before they smiled at her indulgently. It must have been a lonely process to be a solo artist. The members of MAMAMOO knew that they were very lucky to share this path with one another. They loved music with equal fierceness and connected to one another through that love. “Unnie, you’re always welcome to join us.”

“Yes, Unnie. We’re always happy to have you,” smiled Wheein, a dimpled smile. She closed the distance to hold the hand of Moonbyul, nearly moving the usually stoic woman into tears.

Solar seeing that her girlfriend was so emotional, moved to turn off the camera quickly. She did not want to share this vulnerable side of the rapper with anyone. It was also a special moment for them. She smiled, feeling a myriad of emotions as Hyejin joined Wheein to pull Byulyi into a three-way embrace as the silver-haired rapper covered her face with her hands, obviously weeping.

Oh, her Byulyi. A part of Yongsun was proud that the younger woman was able to drop all her defences in front of them and allow her emotions to show. Her heart ached slightly but she was most proud.

Wheein turned to look at her leader and silently invited her to join them in that loving hug and the pink-haired woman simply slipped her arms around Byulyi’s waist as she nuzzled her cheek against her face.

Suddenly, Byulyi began sobbing harder, taking all of them by surprise. Yongsun turned to rest her cheek against her face as she tightened her embrace, lending the younger woman her strength.

The silver-haired woman’s face turned red. She dropped her hands from her face, looking up to prevent the tears from slipping down from her face.  Wheein grabbed a tissue just to wipe those tears away for her with utmost gentleness.

Hyejin merely squeezed her hand, her gaze equally soft.

“I…I’m sorry,” choked Byulyi. “I…I don’t know why I started crying.” There was a hint of embarrassment and frustration. She could not deny that she felt immensely better, like a weight being lifted from her chest.

“It’s OK, Unnie,” reassured Hyejin sweetly, cupping her face gently. “It’s OK, Unnie.” A faint smile crept on her face. She dropped her hand from her cheek when she caught her leader’s gaze. It was better to leave the rapper to her girlfriend. She took Wheein’s hand, lacing their fingers together and they stepped backwards, giving the couple some space.

Hyejin led Wheein out of the office after exchanging a look with their leader silently. The pink-haired woman merely nodded inconspicuously, her gaze full of gratitude. She was equally astounded at how easily the two younger women had welcomed Byulyi into their hearts.

Yongsun spun her around so that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter