The forgotten memory

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lovely silver-haired girl in a magnificent and navy-blue designer dress with pearly white frills looked like an exquisite porcelain doll from the Victorian times. She was sitting quietly on the seat, unlike children her age. A white ruffled collar was around her neck, held by gleaming brooch made of a single sapphire, set in gold. Her silky and long silver hair cascaded down her petite body, reaching the middle of her back. It was held by a navy-blue frill tied around her face to hold her tumble of hair in place. The stunning dress had long sleeves that ended with pearly white laces. The dress narrowed to her waist before ballooning out in layers, covering her ankles. She had worn long socks that reached her knees and ballet flats to complete that stunning image of a Victorian porcelain doll.

The brilliance of the exquisitely-cut sapphire was overshadowed by large eyes of cerulean blue that seemed to glow. They reflected a maturity that was beyond Moon Byuly’s tender age of ten, deep and soulful. Those magnificent eyes were framed by single eyelids that made them seemed bigger. An intricate beauty mark was below her right brow.

Her hands were cladded in high-quality white gloves to complete her outfit and she rested her hands on her lap as she was instructed since she could walk. Even though she appeared to be very calm, she was struggling desperately to maintain her composure in front of her father, an imposing man whom she resembled closely.

It had been nearly a year since she had last seen Father. She had been astonished when Father had requested for her to be dressed well for a birthday party thrown in a villa near Chungju Lake, up in Chungcheong district. It was time to display the fruits of her labour while they were taking a helicopter up to the villa.

Her governess and countless instructors would remind her that she needed to work diligently so that she could earn the approval of her father and mother, important people who thousands of lives depended on them. She did not understand why they were essential, only that the work they did were so vital that she never saw them.

Grandmother, a stern and regal lady, would always remind her that she was very blessed to be the only heir of two powerful clans in Korea, the Moon and the Lee and she needed to be perfect so that Father and Mother could be pleased with her.

Father who sat opposite her was silent. He was a very imposing man, breed to be in command. His bespoke black business suit made of wool. It could not barely hide the power that was contained in that powerful frame. His ebony hair was carefully parted on the side, lacquered so that it shone when the sunlight streaming from the window struck it. He had decided to maintain a Five ‘O clock shadow and it enhanced his strong jaw, adding a hint of rakish appeal to him. He was sitting in a power stance, his back straight, legs slightly open.

His impossibly blue eyes shone with intelligence.

He held a glass of golden-brown whiskey elegantly. The older man set his crystal glass of whiskey on the polished wooden table next to him with an absent elegance that would have the opposite gender swooning. He smoothened his dark jacket by running a hand down the front of his thick woollen jacket, resting it on his abdomen. It was the sort of absent and swoon-worthy gesture that belonged on Vogue magazine. A signet ring on his little finger shone. He unfastened a button that held his jacket together, revealing a dark dress shirt.

“Byulyi, I heard from your tutors that you have been learning your lessons well,” began Father in English, thick with British brogue. His tone was conversational and stern.

She inclined her head respectfully when she was finally addressed by her Sire during the trip. “Thank you, Father. I have applied myself to my studies.” Her voice was that of the high pitch belonging to a young child. She clasped her hands together, forcing herself to not shift nervously on her seat.

There was an inscrutable look on Father face as he studied his young daughter for several seconds. It did not feel as if he was speaking to a child, rather a young adult. Her high pitch voice, filled with child-like innocence was the only sign of her tender age. He nodded to himself again, feeling ambivalent. “I am happy to hear that.” He picked up the crystal glass and sipped his whiskey nonchalantly.

The potent scent of alcohol filled the small and luxurious interiors of the helicopter. The sharp was so sharp that the ten-year-old girl could feel bile rising to . She swallowed visibly and forced herself to maintain her poise as taught by her instructors and Grandmother—she did not want to disappoint Father and made this rare meeting so unpleasant that he did wish to take her out again. She tried to drum up her thrill that she was alone with Father.

“How are you Father?” There was a hint of enthusiasm in her voice.

The brilliant blue eyes of the older man fell on his daughter once again, her large blue eyes bright with thrill. “I have been well.” He cleared his voice, swirling the crystal glass absently. “Did Nanny Lee tell you where you were going?”

She shook her head lightly, resting her slightly balled up hands on her skirt. “No, Father. Nanny Lee only bade me to be quick in my dressing.” She did not need a reminder from her nanny since she flew into her bedroom excited, eager to look perfect in front of her father.

He set the glass of alcohol on the table heavily. “I did not have to wait for long.” He looked pensive. “We’re attending the birthday party of my good friend’s son.” His gaze was distant for a moment. “Minhyuk is just a month older than you,” smiled Father wryly, finishing the rest of his drink in a gulp.

The little girl nodded hesitantly, not quite comprehending Father’s sudden dour mood. The gradual decent of the helicopter alerted the two passengers of the arrival to their location. She glanced outside of the window, taking in the beautiful villa made of bricks before the majestic lake. The temperature had not plunged so low that the large body of water had become frozen, but it was a matter of days as the biting winter crept in.

She waited with bated breath for the helicopter to come to rest on the landing pad. A birthday party for a boy of her age! That was a treat. She was not allowed to make friends of her age whenever she returned home. She had only returned for her studies for two months due to the long holiday. She tried to maintain her polite smile as she thrummed with energy at the thought of making a friend here.

The familiar twirling of the blade came to a complete stop. She undid her safety belt carefully, trying not to wrinkle her dress. Father had already stood up, picking up the thick coat and shrugging it on. He glanced at his daughter who picked a very beautiful white cape and put it out to protect her from the biting cold.

He nodded to himself as the door popped opened. The well-built alpha stepped out of the helicopter with his back straight and waited for his daughter to follow. She hesitated by the door of the helicopter, surprised by the lack of stairs.

Father returned to her and picked her by her waist gingerly, careful not to wrinkle her elaborate dress. He set her down on the path immediately, not wishing to prolong any contact with her. Unsure of what else to do, he spun around and walked forward.

Byulyi was surprised that it was Father who picked her up instead of one of the guards. She allowed her lips to curl into a bright smile. She followed along hastily, trying to catch up to his long strides. She remembered that a lady should never run so she tried her best to walk briskly as she kept up with his punishing pace until the villa loomed in front of them.

The door of the villa burst open and a boy with dark hair and bright blue eyes dashed out and threw himself on Father. Byulyi froze for a moment, worried that Father would get mad but to her surprise, Father merely threw him into the air, smiling brightly.

“Ah, you’re getting too big for me to throw you up into the air, Min.” He set him down and roughed his thick black hair. “Where is your Umma?” His gaze searched the foyer anxiously.

He took his hand automatically, yanking him into the warm interiors of the villa.

“Slow down. You’re getting stronger with each day, Min.”

Byulyi froze on the spot, unable to process what she had just seen. Did Father just grinned, tousled the hair of the little boy and allowed him to drag him around? She stepped inside, clasping her hands in front of her. She glanced around the villa and noted that it was a very homely place with a large fire blazing.

The villa was decorated for a private birthday party for the little boy she had seen. She eyed the jacket stand and undid her cape carefully, wondering how she ought to hang it. Father’s guard stepped forward to hang that cloak on the stand for her.

She could hear voices from the interior so she followed in hesitantly. The cheery voices came from the kitchen and she had a chance to witness a scene that she had only witnessed in the homes of her friends whenever their Sire returned home. Father was on the ground, laughing at the top of his voice as he embraced two children fondly.

A beautiful woman with thick brown hair stood by the side, smiling sweetly at them. She was wearing an apron over a floral dress. If her memory served her correctly, this beautiful and young woman was the secretary of Father.

“Oppa, don’t spoil them that way,” giggled the mother-of-two, her gaze tender. “Min and Young, don’t dirty your outfit. The guests aren’t here yet.”

“Jinie, just let them be. They are children after all,” grinned Father brightly. “Ah, you have grown so large. Aren’t you a pretty little thing, princess?”

The little girl with black hair got off from Father and curtsied at him. “I’m a princess,” giggled the precocious girl, smiling radiantly at him.

“Of course, my pretty little Jiyoung is a princess,” smiled Father indulgently as he got off his feet and dusted himself. “Do you need help? Have they been good to you?” He took out his jacket and set it aside neatly, looking as if he belonged here.

She merely smiled brightly. “No Oppa. I have it all handled. Why don’t you play with the children? They had been asking about you for a week. I hope you did not get them any more presents.”

Father chuckled, stepping into her private space and setting his hand on her shoulder with great familiarity. “I don’t think I spoilt them sufficiently,” grumbled he good-naturedly. He moved in, pressing his front against her, as he kissed her cheek tenderly.

“Not in front of the children. Just go, Oppa,” giggled the younger woman, blushing fiercely, lowering her face. He leaned in closer to whisper more sweet nothing into her ear and the older woman merely pushed him away.

“Apa!” The little girl tugged Father’s hand affectionately. “I want to show you my castle—”

“No, I want to show you my pirate ship!” Minhyuk yelled, snatching the other hand.

Father smiled affectionately at them. “Min, you need to give in to your sister. We’ll look at the castle, then your pirate ship.” He carried the little girl in his arms as she hooked her arms around him.

Byulyi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter