Chapter 4: Meeting the Moonbyul

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the two managers entered the private studio of Moonbyul, they were completely dumfounded. The tasteful black leather couch that took up the side of the spacious studio had papers on them. The studio was very spacious and well-decorated. The reason that they were completely stunned was due to their charges.

The three idols and rapper were sprawled across the lush black carpet as discussed heatedly about music. There were several sheets of music all over the place, along with lyrics scattered around. It looked like a bomb denotated in the room and the pile of papers were scattered around the large room.

There was a station where Byulyi could work her music on the computer and a small recording station. The keyboard which was usually next to the computer desk was moved to the centre of the room where they were lounging around.

It looked like they had a very nice party with drinks scattered around the floor and a variety of snacks. The women were working on the cake that Byulyi had bought for MAMAMOO.

There was a vase of colourful flowers on the computer table, a new addition to the wabisabi decoration of Moonbyul’s personal studio. She was the highest grossing artist in the company, earning the right to a workspace of her own.

“What about this, Byul-Unnie?” asked Wheein, humming under her voice, brushing her bright red hair away from her face absently as she sat up. Hyejin nodded with her and harmonised with her, tapping a long finger on the polished floor to the beat as she lay on her front, kicking her legs.

“That could work,” agreed Byulyi, sticking out a tongue as she corrected the bar and scribbled something. She handed the sheet to Solar who followed the score and played on the keyboard as the silver-haired woman pursed her lips and listened carefully, nodding along.

Hyejin poked a strawberry from her slice of cake with her fingernail and ate it, nodding attentively. Like her best friend, she was also eating a slice of cake as she muttered to herself, trying the words on the sheet.

Byulyi frowned. “Nah, it won’t sound good here. I was thinking of harmonising on this part.” She slid into the stool before the keyboard, her shoulder propping against hers intimately. There was an electrifying jolt but the silver-haired woman ignored it, focusing on the black and white keys in front of her. She began to play smoothly, her fingers dancing across the keys like a prima donna, elegant and efficient. “A vocal choral?”

“Huh?” Yongsun stared at her, slightly ajar. She was so entranced with how charming Byulyi was, her face screwed in concentration, her blue eyes gleaming with thrill. She scrubbed her face with a hand. “Sorry. You want us to harmonise this part fully, Byul?” She tossed her pink hair away from her shoulder, leaning in to look at the score.

It was Byulyi’s turn to swallow visibly, having Yongsun in her personal space. She shifted absently, feeling not so debonair. The pink-haired woman hummed the line, imagining the harmony between the members. “It sounds good. It sounds really good. Since you have such a low register, will you be harmonising with us?”

The rapper nodded hesitantly, trying to focus on the composition. She reached for a pencil to add some notations to the score.  “Sure. It will sound very good.” She put her thumb on the centre of her bottom lip, humming to herself and nodding. “This song will be challenging but it will show your different colours. I love Hwasa’s low, mezzo raspy voice, Wheein’s honeyed and lighter tone and your unforgettable and powerful head voice.”

The leader of MAMAMOO blushed at her appreciation of her vocals. Since she started training really late, she had always made an effort to ensure that she worked on her vocal techniques and her performance. “Just a piano huh?”

“Not any piano. A grand piano,” amended Byulyi, smiling widely. She could picture it in her mind’s eye. “Different shades of colours. Elegant.” She drummed her fingers on the side of the keyboard, nodding to herself absently.

The pink-haired vocalist grinned, little indents appearing under her generous lips as she leaned forward and took in that distant look in her eyes as the younger woman tried to work out the details of the composition. She adored how perfectionist the rapper was, not settling for anything less than a song that showcased all their strengths. Her silver brow was still furrowed as she continued to mutter to herself, twisting the pencil in her fingers absently.

Her eyes fell on her cherry-shaped lips and she wondered what would she taste like. Would it be as sweet as she thought it might be? Suddenly, she felt gazes boring into her. She reacted, spinning to look in that direction and found a man and her manager standing at the door. She gasped. “Unnie! Why didn’t you say that you were here?”

“Unnie, you’re finally here,” greeted Hyejin lazily, looking over her shoulder absently, not bothering to mind the way she sprawled on the floor as if it was her own apartment.

“Unnie, how was your date?” asked Wheein, her single dimple deepening, an impish gleam in her eyes.  

Byulyi froze when she noticed her dumbstruck manager next to a short-haired woman who looked very capable. She glanced at her manager curiously. “Date?” She cocked her head, folding her arms across her chest.

“No, Moonbyul-ssi,” protested Manager-oppa as he pinked and waved his hand wildly. “I…I accompanied Ms Cha to see our CEO just now.” He straightened himself formally, adjusting his clothes. “I had to introduce the manager of MAMAMOO to the CEO since we are working on a collaboration. I should be asking you what you are doing?” He looked around the studio, bewildered. This was the first time that Moonbyul had worked in such a mayhem.

Wheein and Heyjin finally sat up and inclined their heads at him respectfully. They needed to maintain some decorum before strangers. There were cream stains on the lip of Hyejin, evidence of their snacking. Wheein nudged her best friend to wipe it off the corner of her lips.

“Working on a collaboration, of course,” sniped Moonbyul, arching a brow. She stood up and bowed at the manager of MAMAMOO politely, noting that her manager was not going to introduce her. “Good afternoon, I’m Moonbyul. It is good to meet you.”

“The pleasure is mine, Moonbyul-ssi. We will see each other very frequently—”

“—Unnie, you need to have some restrain so that the other party will be hooked,” added Hyejin playfully, twirling a lock of black hair absenrly. “How could you abandon us to go on dates?”

“Aish, I will see Moonbyul more often due to the programme, ‘We got married’,” snapped Manager- Unnie, blushing furiously. “What are you brats thinking about?” Her arms were in akimbo.

Yongsun chimed in her dolphin laughter at how irritated her manager was, surprising the other manager with her unique laughter. She immediately covered , blushing furiously. It was uncouth for her to behave so freely in front of another manager.

“It’s OK,” reassured Byulyi sweetly, smiling at her. “My manager cannot complain about it since I find that unique laughter simply adorable,” winked Byulyi playfully, nudging her gently.

“Aish, You’re so greasy, Byul.” She smacked her on her toned arm and the silver-haired omega burst into heartily guffaws. Her nose scrunched cutely as she smiled, gold dancing in the middle of her eyes.

The male manager exchanged a look with his female counterpart. “I think they are getting along very well like a house on fire. Moonbyul-ssi, this looks nothing like your usual creative process.”

“It’s very much the creative process of MAMAMOO,” explained the female manager. “With our producer, that is. How does Moonbyul-ssi usually work?”

“She would have a guided tune and fixed lyrics. She would briefly communicate her expectations over the mobile after listening to the final product, but she does not involve the artists with the composition,” explained the manager openly. “Well, she has a temper of an artist.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter