Chapter 14

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I'm back from my month's break to prepare for my test. I will try to finish this story before my life becomes busy later. Thank you for the people who comments, reads, and subscribe to my story, it means a lot to me as this is my first long-chapter story. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes. Please enjoy ^^

“Who is he to you? Jihyo-ya?” Dongwook disturbs her attention. “I know him, he i-,” Dongwook got cut off by the MC who starts talking with a mic. “Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman, today, mark 10th year anniversary of the J Foundation,” the MC starts talking which Jihyo and Dongwook became silent and start to pay attention to their front.

The event has been going on for 2 hours and the MC just announce that the Dinner is served in the other ballroom, and the audience starts headed to grab their dinner. Being seated in the first row, Jongkook and his father got to the other ballroom first.

 

Jihyo didn’t change her attention to Jongkook as soon as she saw him seating on the front row. She keeps stealing glances at Jongkook while the event was held earlier. Even when Jongkook is walking towards the dining room, she even forgets to come with Dongwook if he didn’t slap her shoulder.

“Hey, you’re forgetting me,” Dongwook said after getting her attention. “Sorry, I thought I saw someone I know,” Jihyo lied and then headed to the dining room.

“I think I know him,” Dongwook said while grabbing Buffalo wings from the buffet. “I could introduce him to you, maybe he’s the one,” Dongwook wink after saying that. “YA! Focus on your plate!” Jihyo slaps his shoulder and glared. Dongwook and Jihyo headed to the empty round table near the corner of the ballroom.

Jihyo didn’t enjoy her dinner as she keeps searching for the person who grab her attention 2 hours ago. She looked like a meerkat, extending her neck and keeps looking right and left. “I’ll introduce him later, finish your food first,” Dongwook said while grabbing her hand, pulling her to her seat.

 

Jongkook went to seat with his father and Haein together, joined by the other member of the foundation who was his father’s acquaintance. The dinner went quite well at Jongkook’s table. “Abbeoji, I’ll be going to the toilet,” Jongkook whisper to his father which got a nod as approval.

Jongkook open the door exited the toilet, where he saw the woman he was never imagining being in the event walking past him. “Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook called after turns around to face her. Jihyo got frozen at the voice calling her name because she knows it was Jongkook’s. Jihyo turns slowly when Jongkook walks towards her. “What are you doing here?” Jongkook asks her when he comes face to face.

“I.. I was..” Jihyo stutters. For the first time in a few years, Jihyo actually stutters. “Jihyo ya!” Dongwook called from afar. Both Jongkook and Jihyo look at the person who just called Jihyo, forgetting their conversation earlier.

Dongwook light jogs and arrives beside Jihyo. “Who’s this?” Dongwook whispers to Jihyo’s ear. “Ah this is Kim Jongkook, he works at my department,” Jihyo introduced Jongkook to him. “Ahh, yes, I’m Kim Jongkook, Jihyo’s staff,” Jongkook bows and introduced himself.

“I’m Lee Dongwook, Jihyo’s friend,” Dongwook put his hand to reach Jongkook for a handshake which Jongkook takes. “Have you finished going to the toilet?” Dongwook asks Jihyo, to which she replied with a head shake. “Go then,” Dongwook said. Jihyo then went inside the toilet.

“I’ve seen you before, and I don’t think you’re just an employee,” Dongwook said to Jongkook the moment Jihyo disappear to the toilet. “What do you mean Dongwook-ssi?” Jongkook pretends to not know what he’s talking about. “You’re one of the richest people attending this event,” Dongwook didn’t remember meeting him personally but he heard that Jongkook is a billionaire from other people.

“Well, I just accompanying my father here, maybe he’s the one you heard about, he is indeed rich,” Jongkook tries to use his father as an excuse. Dongwook just nodded and Jihyo comes back from the toilet.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jihyo asks both of them. “I just admiring him, because of what I heard from people that you’re quite successful in the business,” Jongkook tried to lie with a fact. “Ahh, he is. This beautiful dress is sponsored by him,” Jihyo said while showing them the dress.

“It is beautiful,” Jongkook nods while looking at Jihyo’s face, didn’t even bother to look at the dress. “Didn’t you have a girlfriend Dongwook-ssi?” Jongkook turns to Dongwook. “Ahh, she’s taking her parents on holiday,” Dongwook answers while scratching his head.

“I didn’t know you’re interested at this kind of event Jihyo-ssi,” Jongkook trying to be polite at his boss. “Ah, I was just accompanying him since his girlfriend is away,” Jihyo answered.

“Jongkook-a!” Jongkook’s father's voice can be heard from the distance which Jongkook immediately turns to. “I’ll be going first then, nice meeting you Dongwook-ssi,” Jongkook bids both of them goodbye and headed to his father.

 

Jihyo and Dongwook are inside Dongwook’s car, headed to Jihyo’s apartment after the event, which went quite well despite Jihyo’s attention is on Jongkook 90% of the time for the rest of the event.

Jihyo is still wondering who Jongkook really is, she knows that he is working for her but, there is something he hides while conversing with Dongwook earlier.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Dongwook breaks her thoughts of Jongkook. “It just, I have known him for quite some time, but I feel like I barely know him,” Jihyo shared her thoughts. “You can ask him to a lunch or dinner and ask him personally, sometimes when you feel like you know someone too well, it’s actually the opposite,” Dongwook said his wise words which rarely comes out.

“Alright then, Mr. Lee, thank you for the dress, I’ll be seeing you soon,” Jihyo said and got out of the car since they have arrived at her apartment lobby. “Of course, but Jongkook would not let me see you,” Dongwook let out a joke and got a door slammed as a reply.

 

Jongkook jogs towards his father. “What is it abbeoji?” Jongkook asks as he stands on his father's side. “Ah, I just called you since you’ve been gone long enough,” His father said after putting down his glass on the table nearby. “Let’s continue the event Jongkook-a,” His father went inside first and Jongkook follows behind.

Jongkook’s father falls asleep in the middle of the event, wakes him up, and went home in the middle of the event. Well, they’re the donator of the Foundation, so others didn’t really have any power to stop them even though it’s quite rude.

Jongkook arrives at his parent’s mansion and decided to have a sleepover here and went back to his apartment early morning. He went out of the bathroom, feeling fresh, and lie in bed thinking about what just happened a few hours ago.

‘I think I’m going to follow the advice I gave to Kwangsoo,’ Jongkook said to himself and close his eyes to enter the dreamland.

 

Jongkook wakes up with light shining on his face. It was his mother who opens up the curtain to let a morning light in. Jongkook turns his back to face the light and tries to go back to sleep but his mother didn’t let him. She shakes his body and makes him groan. “Just let me sleep 5 more minutes mom,” Jongkook knows who the person is without second thoughts.

His mother is the only person who is brave enough to disturb him. “Nope, it’s late Jongkook-a, you’re supposed to be in your office right now,” she said, making Jongkook open his eyes wider than ever. “WHAT!” Jongkook sits up, looks at his mother, and then runs to the bathroom. “You suppose to wake me up at 5 Mom!” Jongkook yelled inside the bathroom. His mother just tidy up the bed and went out of the bedroom.

15 minutes later, Jongkook came out of his bedroom looking fresh and sharp. But he is in a hurry to get to the office. His father is ready with the car outside, while Jongkook grabs the sandwich from the dining table and runs to the door. He gets inside the car and tells his father to hurry.

After 45 minutes of driving, Jongkook finally arrives at the lobby an hour late. But he didn’t realize that almost all the people in the lobby is looking at Jongkook’s car. It was the same S-Class he ride last night. He didn’t realize until he arrives at his desk with Kwangsoo looking at him suspiciously.

“Who are you hyung?” Kwangsoo asks when Jongkook takes a seat and sets up his laptop. “What do you mean?” Jongkook asks trying to catch his breath. “I mean, why do you arrive in such a car?” Kwangsoo tries his best to ask him nicely. “Ah, it was my father’s car, I sleepover last night after attending an event with him,” Jongkook tries his best to soften the lies. Kwangsoo just nodded at the possibilities.

They both return to work.

 

Jongkook, Kwangsoo, and Somin arrive at the cafeteria for a lunch, when Jihyo suddenly joins the group. “Do you mind if I join you guys?” Jihyo asks from behind them while queuing for the food. “Yes, of course, Director Song,” Somin said politely while she turns and order her food after Jongkook and Kwangsoo.

They then sit at the tab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter