Chapter 21

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry for the long break, i just got accepted into a new Job and been busy since then. I just had this idea few weeks ago and got tired of the seperatation that others made into fanfics here. So i made one myself where they are happy. I hope you enjoy it. I haven't double check it, so sorry if there is any typo and grammatical mistake. See you very soon *finger crossed*. 

Jihyo got excited at the mention of ‘wedding’, but she knows preparing it would be very time consuming and she still needs to take care of her company. “I don’t know oppa, I’m still very busy though,” Jihyo with her sad tone. “That’s fine, we could have someone to arrange it and come to us for our references,” Jongkook making sure that she didn’t have to abandon her work.

“Alright then, I think I know someone who can do that,” Jihyo just remember that Dongwook girl friend is a wedding organizer. “Really? That’s great then,” Jongkook kiss the back of her hand his holding this whole time. Jihyo regains her smile and giggles along the way.

They arrives at the apartment after a stop to a shop Jihyo went to. “What did you get honey?” Jongkook test her new nickname. “What? Honey?” Jihyo making sure she didn’t misheard for something else. “Yeah, your new nickname, Honey,” Jongkook making sure she heard the last word.

Jihyo could only smile and give him a peck before continue to unpack the stuff she bought. “Don’t do that in public oppa,” Jihyo blush while pulling out some food from the bag. Jihyo like the nickname he got for her. His tone is just different from what she used to. “Thanks for the food,” Jongkook grab his favourite and went to the couch and play some movies.

Jihyo could only smile in disbelief that her soon-to-be-husband has an unexpected side of him. He could be clingy and cute when with her and can be hot-headed and cold with the others. She join him after grabbing her food and water for both of them. Jihyo leans a little to her boyfriend while Jongkook is focused on the TV.

 

After cleaning up, Jongkook joins his girlfriend at the couch. He mutes the TV and gets close to her. “I’ve seen those eyes before, and it’s not from me,” Jongkook sounds serious for a moment. “What makes you happy today, before my proposal,” Jongkook hold her hands. Jihyo who’s holding her breath, let a sigh of relieve that he was talking about the smile she had when she meets Jisoo and save her mother.

“It’s the factory manager who got severely allergic to the new product,” Jihyo looking straight to his eyes. “And I meet this beautiful lady who happens to be the daughter, she’s still in school and I promise her to pay for her mother and her tuition until she got a degree,” Jongkook just there listening to her and gently rubbing the back of her hands his holding.

“I was really excited to help someone in need, and it’s makes me happy to see them smile, especially Jisoo’s, she’s really pretty oppa,” Jihyo’s eyes literally glowing just from imagining Jisoo’s face. “I really need to meet this person who makes you smile like this, I haven’t seen it before,” Jongkook jokes a little. “When can I meet this little one?” Jongkook asks her. “I don’t know oppa, I haven’t heard from them again,” Jihyo pouted. “Maybe the hospital let you know when the mother is conscious,” Jongkook stands up and help her to stand as well.

“I’m tired, can we continue inside?” Jongkook yawns. Jihyo smiles and walks together with Jongkook to their bedroom. Jongkook barely asleep when he’s planning his proposal, it goes as he planned but he can’t stop but think it’s not enough for her. Jongkook changed to his pajamas and lie on the bed first, waiting for Jihyo changing inside the bathroom.

Jihyo takes more time than she intended. The moment she gets out the bathroom, Jongkook already asleep peacefully, knowing that Jihyo would never go anywhere. Jihyo joins him and gives him a peck on his cheek before drifting to sleep.

 

Morning comes with a sun high up in the sky. Jihyo wakes up with the blinding lights from the sun. Jihyo finds the bed empty and a note, “I’ll be back before you know it, Love you,” Jihyo smiles. Her smiles changes into horror when someone opens the bedroom door. It was Jongkook, checking on her. “Oh, you’re awake, breakfast is ready,” he said with his signature smile.

Jihyo for the first time in her life, getting out of bed without feeling any resistance. She feels like she have the best sleep, fresh and energized. “What are you making oppa?” Jihyo asks from the bedroom door. “You’ll see,” Jongkook slightly playful with her. Jihyo walks towards the kitchen and greeted with a delicious smell. It instantly make her stomach growl. “I’m making Tteokkguk,” Jongkook opens the lid to her bowl.

“Bon Appetit,” Jongkook bow. Jihyo grabs the soup first and it was the best one she ever had. It was like eating at a restaurant but you know you’re not. “Where did you buy this oppa?” Jihyo initial reaction was brutally honest and Jongkook loves it. “Let me see the receipt,” Jongkook find the receipt and give it to Jihyo, only to find the ingredient to make one. Jongkook smile, waiting for her to grab another bite.

 

A week passes, the couple has their own schedule and barely meet outside the office hour, unless when they got home. Jongkook got so busy that his company had a new contract with the government to build a smart city concept. Jihyo just launched another product who got viral from her being the model.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter