Chapter 18

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the full chapter for you guys, Thank you to everyone who reads and subscribes to my story. I do really appreciate it. I can understand if some of you didn't comment on it, sometimes I'm a silent reader myself so that's totally fine. But for the one who comment, I read it and replied to it, and really appreciate some of the suggestions or just saying that you're enjoying the latest chapter. Either way, I am thankful for it. 

There's still a long way to go to this one (at least on my plan), stay safe, healthy, and happy everyone :)

Jongkook wakes up to a snoring sound which is from his partner being quite exhausted from last night. He pulls himself from the cuddle and goes for his morning run.

He finishes his run and comes back to a neat-looking bed and no one to find. “James, please locate Jihyo,” Jongkook speaks to James. “She went out of the apartment a few minutes ago sir,” James replied almost immediately. He almost called her phone when he saw a phone lying on the bedside table. “This woman is something else,” Jongkook mutters.

“Please let me know if you have found her,” Jongkook talks to James and went to the bathroom to take a shower. While showering he was wondering if she actually regret last night's activities and run away but she would never do that. She would never run away from something so simple, she would talk first, and decide later.

He went out of the bathroom to find the woman he was looking for seating on the edge of the bed. “Oppa, you’re back,” Jihyo said and walks toward Jongkook. “I was the one who needs to say that, where have you been?” Jongkook looks worried. “I just went to the convenience store downstairs, to buy you this,” Jihyo showed the thing she bought him. Jongkook chuckled in disbelief at what she bought, “You really serious about this?” Jongkook asks her after taking the stuff.

Jihyo just nods with her signature innocent smile like a 5-year old being given candy. “Alright, let’s talk about it later, because we need to send Kwangsoo to the airport,” Jongkook kiss her. “Shower and the food will be ready when you’re finished,” Jongkook pushed Jihyo inside the bathroom and he went to the kitchen.

Jongkook cooks for breakfast when his phone rings. “Yoboseyo?” Jongkook answered in speaker mode. “Hyung, Eomma wanted to meet you as soon as possible,” said the person at the other end. “Why? Something urgent?” Jongkook sounds worried. “It’s just that I think I just told her that you had a girlfriend,” he said. “Ya iisshh!” Jongkook cursed him out. “Wahh, you lucky you’re in Busan now,” Jongkook couldn’t believe that his only brother betrayed him.

“You can meet her after sending Kwangsoo hyung to the airport,” Jungkook then ends the call with Jongkook still cursing him. He lost focus of his food that he almost burn it. “Wah, how do introduce her to my mom,” Jongkook talked to himself but was heard by Jihyo. “Who oppa? Who are you going to introduce to your mom?” Jihyo asks. “Ah, let’s eat first and talk about it on the way to the airport,” Jongkook serves the breakfast to Jihyo and they savor the food.

Jongkook drives his Aston Martin Vantage with his loved one. “Oppa, about earlier, who are you going to introduced?” Jihyo breaks the silence. “Ah, Jungkook accidentally told my mom that I had a girlfriend and now she wants to meet you,” Jongkook explain shortly. “Ahh, ottoke oppa?” Jihyo got anxious but Jongkook suddenly grabs her hand. “Hey, it’s just my mom, she won’t do anything to you,” Jongkook tries to make her calm. “She probably told an embarrassing story about me, like any parents would do,” Jongkook tries to make her laugh.

“Just forget about it, for now, we need to focus on Kwangsoo,” Jongkook kiss the back of her hand.

They arrived at the airport and met Kwangsoo in front of the departure gate. “Have you checked in yet Kwangsoo-ya?” Jongkook asks him who looks slightly confused. “I have hyung, but I got the First Class ticket which is not what I booked,” Kwangsoo shows him the boarding pass. “Kyahh, you could get a full meal there Kwangsoo-ya, and you get access to the Lounge too,” Jongkook praise him.

“But I didn’t book the First Class, and when I ask her, someone upgraded it to the First Class,” Kwangsoo didn’t want to get on to the First Class seat. “Hey, just enjoy this one, and don’t forget to let my brother know that you’ve boarded the plane,” Jongkook shoved Kwangsoo into the gate and wave him goodbye.

“It was you right, the one who upgraded his seat,” Jihyo whisper to Jongkook while still waving to Kwangsoo. “Yup,” Jongkook answered. Kwangsoo is gone to walk to his gate and Jongkook and Jihyo walk to the car.

“I’m nervous about meeting your parents oppa,” Jihyo seems worried about her meeting his parents for the first time because her first impression matters. “I’ll be by your side, but I promise you that my mom is not as scary as you thought and my father doesn’t really care about my love life,” Jongkook tries to calm her. Jihyo just nodded and Jongkook navigate to his parent’s mansion.

 

Two hours before, after Jungkook called

“Jongkook-a, you need to face me here and introduce her to me,” Jongkook’s mom ranted when the line connected. “Arasso, mom, I’ll be there for lunch,” Jongkook said, almost burning the egg. “Please don’t scare her, I’ll never be married if she decided to break up with me after she meets you,” Jongkook warn his mother. “Alright addeul, see you later,” Jongkook’s mom cuts the call and Jongkook back to the frying egg.

 

The drive takes about an hour and Jihyo uses it to sleep. Jongkook was just as worried as her but he didn’t really show it in his face in case Jihyo would get really anxious. Jongkook arrives at the front gate which opens automatically with the sensors. He stops to wake her and get her ready, but even with her sleepy face, she looks lovely. “Hey gorgeous, we’ve arrived at my house,” Jongkook taps her cheeks.

Jihyo eyes widened at the mention of ‘a house’. “Oh ottoke oppa? I’m really nervous right now,” Jihyo’s hands literally shake which Jongkook quickly holds. “Hey, I told you before it’s going to be fine, I’ll promise to be by your side,” Jongkook said and hug her tight. “It’s just another human,” Jongkook comforts her and rubs her back. Jongkook drives into the front yard which his mom already waiting there.

“I’ll open it for you,” Jongkook said before going out of the car and running towards her side. Jongkook opens the door for her and whispers something to her ears that make her giggle.

“Hey mom,” Jongkook greet her and goes for a hug which his mom received gladly. “This would be Jihyo, Song Ji Hyo, my girlfriend,” Jongkook finally introduced her to his mom. “Nice to meet you Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook’s mom already drop the honorific towards Jihyo. “Annyeonghaseyo Eomonim, It is my pleasure to meet you too,” Jihyo replied while bowing to her.

“Let’s get inside,” His mother drags Jihyo instead of Jongkook. Jongkook just followed them from behind while his mother guides Jihyo to the living room. Jongkook feels like they don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter