Chapter 7

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm very sorry everyone, I haven't been able to update you on a schedule. Here's an update for you guys, Thank you so much for reading and please leave your mark in the comment section below. See you very soon ^^.

“She was my first love Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook told him which he respond with silence. Kwangsoo cannot process the words Jongkook just spit out with his brain. Kwangsoo turns silent the whole ride to Jongkook’s apartment until he stops the car in the lobby.

“Gomawo Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook said just before he open the car door. But Kwangsoo beats him, “Hyung,” which surprises Jongkook because he thought that he made a mistake by saying that. “I’ll approve you to chase after her, you have me as your backup,” Kwangsoo said, which surprises Jongkook once again.

Jongkook then said, “I’ll treat you dinner, but don’t tell anyone about this,” with a warning. “Promise” Kwangsoo replied him showing his pinky finger. Jongkook then gets out of Kwangsoo’s car and heads inside the apartment.

Kwangsoo felt excited the whole drive home. He knows that Jihyo’s has been struggling to move on from her first love and so does Jongkook. All he has to do now is make them meet face-to-face so they can have a conversation together. Also, that Jihyo can finally find the happiness she’s been searching for.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jihyo, who is still in her office, dealing with the meeting result from this morning. ‘Arrgghh, this doesn’t make any sense, the numbers is not right,’ Jihyo mumbles while covering her face with both of her palms.

‘I need to meet the CEO and discuss this thoroughly’ Jihyo mutters while texting Soojin, to make a scheduled meeting with the CEO. The numbers she received don’t show on any account. The sales are plummeting but the marketing keeps on spending money.

Jihyo dropped the paper on the table and gets out of her office. She decided to go home, do some thoughts, and deal with this problem tomorrow. She drives home, cleans up, and then receives a text from Kwangsoo, ‘Noona, please don’t be sad anymore.’ It was the text. Jihyo tilts her head in confusion, ‘this little brat must be drunk’ muttered Jihyo while she is drinking water.

She’s not responding to the text and decided to sleep, preparing for tomorrow's problems.

 

 

 

Jongkook does his routine, morning run, make breakfast, and go to work. But this time a little bit different. While James do his usual thing in the morning which is listing Jongkook’s schedule for the day, he was surprised that the Financial Director wanted to have a meeting with the CEO.

“What did you just say?” Jongkook was surprised at the mention of Song Jihyo. Jongkook was making a pancake, which he almost burned because of her name.

Jongkook thinks faster while eating his pancake. There is no chance that he would reveal his identity, but not meeting his own finance director would make him irresponsible. He called Donghoon, but he can’t make it because Dream has a fever and his wife had a schedule.

Jongkook then text her secretary that she needs to make an excuse and meet Jihyo to make notes of the meeting or the thing that needed to be discussed with the CEO because he’s still abroad to make a business deal and report to him when the meeting is done.

Jongkook arrives at the office 15 minutes before the work hours begin. He began resuming his work yesterday. Then few faces he recognizes start to arrive. But he didn’t see Kwangsoo until an hour before lunch. He began to wonder if Kwangsoo run away after hearing my secret that he accidentally say it to Jihyo. He didn’t focus on his work until a familiar figure stood before him.

“Here hyung, your favorite,” Kwangsoo said while handing Jongkook Iced Americano. “You're here Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook replied and sipped the Americano. “Where have you been, it’s an hour before the lunch break,” Jongkook asks Kwangsoo who just sitting beside him.

“Again, Jihyo noona drag me to the meeting which she was mad about because the CEO seems to not care about this,” Kwangsoo said while preparing to begin his work. Jongkook just nods and receives an email from Sohee about the meeting earlier. He read it secretly on his iPad to have a hint of the problems the company is having.

“What’s the meeting is about if you could tell me?”Jongkook asks Kwangsoo, hoping that he would get a bigger picture about it. “What I could tell you is that there is something fishy about the numbers she gets from the report, it wouldn’t make sense with our recent condition,” Kwangsoo said without even looking at him, focusing on his screen.

Jongkook nods as he also receives the same thing from the email. He also gets that the current product doesn’t get many sales as they hoped. He then text Sohee, thanking her that she could deal with Jihyo in that condition.

 

 

 

Jihyo just entered her office with anger inside her. She couldn’t believe that the CEO couldn’t make his time for an important matter like this. Jihyo is detecting some kind of corruption done by either Sales or Production department because the numbers are not right.

She facepalmed on her desk, thinking about this. She is the type of person who didn’t easily share the problems she’s having with others. Even Kwangsoo has to make her quite drunk to spill her problems to her, which earns him a smack the next day.

She already has a problem with her boyfriend which already takes half of her brain and then this happens. She uses her full brain capacity which she rarely does. She probably goes for a drink tonight with Kwangsoo or alone in her apartment.

Her silence got interrupted by her phone notification, it was a text from Kwangsoo inviting her to lunch. She replied to him saying that she wants to have lunch with her little brother and sister, just three of them, in her favorite restaurant. Kwangsoo didn’t reply, because Kwangsoo wanted to invite Jongkook along but since the text seems urgent, so he didn’t ask him.

Kwangsoo rarely receives a text from Jihyo saying that she wants to be with the three of them unless the problem is quite serious for her to deal with it alone. He knows the urgency of this lunch with his noona. So he push back the thought of introducing Jongkook to her.

 

 

 

“I think you need to have your lunch today Hyung, I can’t accompany you today,” Kwangsoo said to him, 5 minutes before lunch break. Jongkook shakes his head, “No, I’m totally fine being alone today, I’ve used to it.” Jongkook then stands up and goes to the toilet before he went to buy his lunch.

Jongkook was reli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter