Chapter 6

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's another update for you guys, happy reading, keep commenting your thoughts about the chapter, I hope you enjoy it ^^

What are you doing?” the woman who grabs his hands asks. Jongkook turns his head towards the woman. He recognizes her, he never forgets the expression she had when she was in a similar situation. It was Jihyo, but she doesn’t seem to recognize Jongkook. It’s been more than 10 years since they saw each other. Jongkook has changed physically.

Before Jongkook could mutter a word, she beat him first. “You need to go through my secretary first,” she said and enter her office first. Her door closes and there written, Song Jihyo, Finance Director. Jongkook bowed to her door and turn to her secretary. “I’ve called you few times but you seem to not notice it,” she said while trying to look smug. “Ah, I need to deliver this to the finance director, but Kwangsoo-ssi also said that this can be given to you too,” Jongkook replied and handed her the paper in his hands.

“Yes, you can leave it here, I’ll give it to the director,” she received the paper from Jongkook. “Can I have your name?, so I can report back to Kwangsoo-ssi that the paper is in your hand because people can be deceiving these days.” Jongkook wanted to make sure that he can be responsible for the paper and she can be trusted. He just doesn’t trust anyone. “It’s Soojin, Cha Soojin, Song Jihyo Secretary,” Soojin replied with a stern voice. “Alright, thank you Soojin-ssi, have a great day.” Jongkook leaves after have her name.

He didn’t ask her name to flirt but to report back to Kwangsoo that the paper was in Soojin’s hands. So he can transfer the responsibility to her.

 

 

Jihyo got slightly annoyed that an employee almost barge in her office without her secretary's consent. But the moment she saw his face, she feels tingling in her stomach, she feels familiar and new at the same time. She recognize the face but didn’t ring any bell in her head. ‘Maybe It’s the new employee’ she mutters herself before she goes back to ‘work mode’.

She hears a door knock, “Ne,” she replied the knock signaling the person knocking to enter. It was Soojin bringing her a bunch of paper and her ordered lunch. Yes, she ate her lunch in her office and she ate it 2 hours after lunchtime is over. Soojin put the paper on her desk with her lunch on top of it. “Here’s your lunch and the report from accounting,” Soojin report to her while standing across her desk.

“Thank you Soojin-ssi,” Jihyo looks up at her but returns back to her paper. Soojin stood still for a while but Jihyo seems to notice her staring. “What are you doing? Do you need anything?” Jihyo said without looking at Soojin. “Ah, I just wanna ask something,” Soojin replied. Jihyo turns her head a sign for her to shot her question. “it’s regarding the new employee, have you heard about him? Or seen him?” Soojin asks. Jihyo just shake her head, “I’m in a meeting this morning Soojin-ssi, I could ask the same question to you,” Jihyo replied slightly annoyed.

"I think it’s the one who almost barge into your office earlier, I didn’t get his name though,” Soojin adds. Jihyo just nods at her. “You can continue your work Soojin-ssi,” Jihyo said while trying to get the report under her lunch. “Ne, don’t forget your lunch,” Soojin replied and head to the door.

Jihyo kept on working and reading the papers she received from Soojin. ‘Why are we kept losing money here,’ she murmurs while pointing at the numbers that keep decreasing from last quarter. She press a button on her telephone to Soojin, when it’s connected, “Please schedule a meeting with the Sales and R&D department, said that we need to make urgent changes to this number,” She ordered Soojin and hung up after she hear Soojin said yes.

Jihyo proceeds with her works and eats her already cold lunch. Just as she finishes her late lunch, her door got knocked. “Ne,” she said. The door open, showing Kwangsoo, ready to go home with her bag in his right hand. “Are you not going home noona?” Kwangsoo said from the door. “Not yet, these papers are not going to finish on it’s on Kwangsoo-ya,” she replied while drinking her coffee. It’s her third cup of coffee.

“We will be having a company dinner tonight to welcome the new recruit, somewhere near, if you can please join noona. It will be good if we all know about the new recruit and his ability. “Eo, Kwangsoo-ya, I’ll be there when I’m finished,” Jihyo replied and Kwangsoo closes the door.

“Jongkook hyung, let’s go have some dinner to get to know everyone in the department and be casual to each other,” Kwangsoo said to the new recruit. “Tonight? Alright then, but I don’t really drink that much Kwangsoo-ya.” Jongkook replied after get comfortable with the men beside him.

The get-together dinner was already planned by Somin this afternoon even before asking Jongkook. Jongkook as a new employee can’t really reject the dinner because he would be labeled as rude. He has experience with that. Somin as an extrovert really loves going out with new people, especially as handsome as Jongkook, although she knew that Jongkook is a few years older than her.

 

 

They arrived at the restaurant. There are 10 people who joined the dinner, minus a few people who have a meeting for tomorrow. They eat and drink together. After a few drinks, there are people who left early because their home is quite far. The one who stays are Somin, Kwangsoo, and Jongkook. They still talk about their work, their life, and how was worked in the company so that Jongkook could learn from them.

Jongkook has a hard time keeping straight face in front of them while they talk about how nice the work environment is, how they have nice pay, and how their work is better than any other company. Jongkook is glad that he can treat his employee nicely that they stay in the company for a long time. Most of the employees work for more than 10 years because of the satisfaction they have for the company.

Jongkook learns that when going from a million-dollar business to 100 million dollar business, the most important is the people around it, not the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter