Chapter 20

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was just to excited to be back writing, but i ended up putting the same chapter twice and i didn't realize it until i read the comments, shoutout to you guys. This probably the last chapter before i moved on to the next one, i just didnt have any motivation to continue this one. I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as i writing it. Enjoy the chapter ^^.

A start of new life, together, is what Kwangsoo and Sunbin doing. They will be married to each other in a month. They have been dating for two years and they wanted to make it official. “I’m happy for you Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook pats his shoulder while looking at the mirror, checking the suit he’s wearing. “Thank you hyung,” Kwangsoo thank him who always be a hyung for Kwangsoo.

“I wonder, what’s preventing you to get married with Jihyo noona?” Kwangsoo asks the million dollar question. “I wanted to, but we’re happy where we are, so no rush,” Jongkook brush off the question and tries another suit.

On the other side, Jihyo is accompanying Sunbin to fit her dress. “Congrats Sunbin-a, I really happy for you,” Jihyo said while standing by her side, checking her looks with the first dress out of five dress she will be trying. “Thank you unnie, I saw your smile is different when you’re with Jongkook oppa, why don’t you get married first?” Sunbin asks her.

“It’s not that I don’t want to get married with him, I really do, he’s lovely, the best one you’ve ever wished for,” Jihyo answer. “But we’re happy where we are right now, so no rush from both of us, we’ll be ready when we are,” Jihyo adds and put Sunbin inside to try the next one.

Jongkook and Jihyo agreed not to rush on the wedding as they already know they love each other, a wedding is just an icing on the cake. Jongkook is quite busy this year, as his company just signed a deal with the government to create a new smart city using his company technology.

While Jihyo also busy with her new launched product. She is busy with all the process of launching the new product which is a new lipstick. Jihyo just made a deal with an A-tier actress, Song Hye Kyo. Which Jihyo use to her advantage and launch several product at once. She used to be the model as her looks is on par with several celebrity, even a customer once asks the cashier if she is a new actress or model.

Jongkook always supports his girlfriend on whatever she does, he even brought her food truck when she’s busy with photoshoots. He barely beside her as she moves quite a lot, but he never misses a chance not to call her or even video call her when he have the time. Jongkook still live as the unknown CEO but he recently talk to Jihyo that he wanted to reveal his identity to the public. He wanted to know what her response is and what should he do.

Jihyo also comes to his office from time to time when she’s not too busy. She often brought dinner for two and eat it in his office. Jihyo loves her life right now, she would never trade anything for this. She likes being busy but at the same time she also like being cared by Jongkook. She smile on her own just by the thought of her boyfriend. But she did kind of disappointed with Jongkook not proposing to her.

“Unnie, what are you thinking?” Sunbin asks her while showing her the third dress. “Huh?” Jihyo asks back. “You didn’t hear me did you Unnie?” Sunbin chuckles to see Jihyo’s face after her ‘Mong’. “I am asking you about the dress, how is it Unnie?” she adds. “Ahh, it’s pretty but let’s see the other first,” Jihyo answers and Sunbin get back inside.

 

Jongkook and Kwangsoo just finished the fitting and pick their suit. “Kwangsoo-ya, I need your help to do something,” Jongkook said to him after ordering some food. “What is it hyung?” Kwangsoo said. “I wanted to propose to Jihyo, but I need some help to distract her from the surprise,” Jongkook been wanting to propose to her but lack the idea to make it amazing. “Okay, I can handle that,” Kwangsoo agreed.

“I need as many help as you can, but keep it from Jihyo,” Jongkook said and he continues to talk about his idea of proposing to her. “Well, that is good, but we can make it great,” Kwangsoo said after hearing his idea maybe lacking something. Kwangsoo then add his idea which Jongkook immediately agreed upon. “Yeah, I needed that, that is the icing on the cake,” Jongkook then booked the place where he’s going to propose to her.

“I’ll let Sunbin know,” Kwangsoo text his fiancée about the plan.

 

It’s D-Day, where Jongkook finally propose to her and confirm his intention to marry her. ‘It’s exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time’ Jongkook told himself.

Jongkook does his usual routine and work as usual, but he told Jihyo that they’re going to somewhere for dinner which is not suspicious as Jongkook does that when he is not in the mood to cook. “Alright oppa, see you later,” Jihyo kiss him and get out of the car to her office which is just few blocks from his. Jongkook goes to his office and called Kwangsoo to his office to discuss the plan.

Jongkook spend his lunch perfecting the plan and making sure everything is place correctly. Jongkook can’t even focus on his work properly as his nervousness is at all-time high. “Hyung, she will accept it, she’s been complaining to Sunbin not being propose by you sooner,” Kwangsoo said as he also works in Jongkook’s office.

“I know, but I want it to be perfect Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook still fidgeting with his hands. “Every proposal is perfect, it just the result that matters to me,” Kwangsoo tries to ease his hyung nervousness. “And stop trying to text her and ask her if she will attend tonight, she will hyung. I’ve told Sohee-ssi to make sure she’s free tonight,” Kwangsoo warns his hyung who keeps looking at his phone. “Hahaha, arrasso,” Jongkook gets back to work.

 

Jihyo just finished meeting with her team regarding the newly introduced product and the research team come up with. “What do you want for lunch Daepyo-nim?” Asks Sohee as her secretary. “Stop it, we built this together,” Jihyo protest. “I’ll have Dakgalbi,” Jihyo said and enters her office, leaving Sohee in disbelief.

Sohee enters Jihyo office with Dakgalbi in hand. “I can’t believe you sometimes,” Sohee said as she sits in the sofa and prepares the Dakgalbi. “What?” Jihyo joins her. “You quit the job and build this with me,” Sohee opens the coke. “Ahh, I don’t want to depend on my boyfriend and I’ve told you this many times and you agreed, why are you asking this again?” Jihyo then make a ssam and put it on . They squealing at the taste of the Dakgalbi.

“Where did you buy this from? It’s really good,” Jihyo surprised at the taste. “I don’t know, my staff recommended it,” Sohee brush her question off and continue to savour the Dakgalbi. “Please make sure to freed up my schedule tonight, I’m having dinner with Jongkook oppa,” Jihyo tell Sohee and eat another ssam.

Lunch is quickly disappear and they get back to work. Jihyo back with the paperwork while Sohee attends another meeting with the staff. Jihyo’s phone vibrates, a text arrives. ‘Jihyo-ssi, there is a problem with the new product, one of the factory worker got allergy and now rushed to the hospital’ the text said and Jihyo immediately rush to find a taxi and goes to the hospital.

Jihyo arrives at the hospital and directly headed to the employee who got allergy. Jihyo meet with the manager of the factory. “What happen?” Jihyo asks while power walking towards the ward. “Since the new product is made, she already showing some symptoms but she keep working because her family needs money to live,” the manager explain to her. Jihyo shakes her head and enters the room where she is treated.

The worker is currently sleeping with just her daughter is sitting beside her. “Annyonghaseyo,” she greeted Jihyo and bows to her. “Annyong, what’s your name?” Jihyo greets back and approach her. “My name is Jisoo,” she answer. “Okay Jisoo-ya, are you from school?” Jihyo ask again which got a nod from Jisoo.

“I heard your mom is allergic to something in the factory? And why don’t she talk to the manager about it? Do you know why?” Jihyo asks in a friendly manner not to scare her.

“Yeah, my mom has been coughing since two weeks ago and she said something about new ingredient that she is allergic to. She keeps working with her current condition because she needs to pay for my school an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter