Chapter 16

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's another update for you guys, hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to comment about it, I really appreciate it. Stay safe, healthy, and happy ^^.

Jongkook wakes up at 5 AM as his body remembers even without the alarm. He pulls himself from Jihyo only to get hugged tighter. “Hey, I need to have my morning run,” Jongkook whisper as he take her hands away from his body and went to the bathroom to change into his running clothes.

Jongkook went out of the bathroom to find Jihyo in a sitting position but still asleep. “Hey gorgeous, why are sitting up?” Jongkook gets closer to her. Jongkook seating beside her and rubs her back. “Oppa,” Jihyo called in her raspy voice. “I want to go running with you,” Jihyo adds. “Really?” Jongkook gets excited at his new girlfriend. “Let’s get you to change into workout clothes and we go running nearby,” Jongkook almost drag her from the bed but he stops because she moved by herself.

“I’ll be waiting outside Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook said while Jihyo was in the bathroom which got a hum as a reply. Jihyo washes up while Jongkook prepares a glass of water for her.

Jihyo walked to the kitchen to find Jongkook looking at his iPad, probably working. “Let’s go oppa,” Jihyo hugged him from behind. Jongkook puts down his iPad and grabs the glass and gives it to her. “Drink this first,” Jongkook said turns around to her.

Jihyo drinks the water and Jongkook went for a morning kiss. “Good morning gorgeous,” Jongkook said after the kiss. “Good morning to you too,” Jihyo went in for another kiss, this time longer than the previous one. Jongkook pulls out from the kiss, “We need to go running Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook touches her nose.

“It’s not my fault you’re quite a good kisser oppa,” Jihyo retorts back which got a smile from him. Jongkook grabs her hand and walks outside for their first morning run together.

“I’ll be a beginner today and we are going to aim for a 5K,” Jongkook pulls out his phone to see the training program. “We’ll run for a minute and walk for 2 minutes, repeat for 10 times,” Jongkook adds. “Seems easy oppa,” Jihyo underestimate. “Let’s go then,” Jongkook said and run first.

They finished the session after 30 minutes, but Jihyo looked really exhausted after that. “Hey, are you okay?” Jongkook looked worried at Jihyo pale face. “That was harder than I expected,” Jihyo still gasping for air. “Calm down, you’re really pale Jihyo-ya, you sure you’re alright?” Jongkook is still worried.

“I’m fine oppa, it’s been a while since I’ve done sports,” Jihyo replies, still gasping for air. “Let’s walk back and I’ll cook you a breakfast,” Jongkook said and grabs Jihyo’s shoulder.

Jihyo showers first while Jongkook prepares breakfast. He gets to the kitchen and pulls out a few ingredients for a full breakfast for Jihyo. After getting everything cooked, Jongkook goes to his closet to prepare his clothes for today.

“Wow! It looked delicious oppa!” Jihyo exclaimed after seeing the breakfast on the dining table. Jongkook is nowhere to be seen but Jihyo is seating there like a well-trained puppy. Jongkook is showering in the guest bathroom.

After a long wait for Jihyo, Jongkook went into the dining room and approaches Jihyo from behind. “Why is the food still intact? I heard that you are starving,” Jongkook grabs her shoulder from behind the chair. “I was waiting for you oppa,” Jihyo replies without looking away from the food in front of her.

“Geurae?!” Jongkook surprised. Jongkook kisses Jihyo for the second time this morning. “That’s for being a good girlfriend,” Jongkook then takes his seat across Jihyo. Jihyo for a few seconds take a look at her new boyfriend being sweet but then back to the food. “Please, just eat it Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook gives up at his girlfriend staring at her food.

 

The breakfast went well, with Jihyo finishing her food at a fast rate than Jongkook. They are on their way to the office with Jongkook’s car, the black AMG G63. “I don’t know you have this kind of car oppa,” Jihyo said while seating beside him. “It’s my first car Jihyo-ya, and the sedan I lent you it’s my latest collection,” Jongkook replies. Jihyo just nods. Jongkook right-hand goes for Jihyo's left hand, “Give me your hand,” Jongkook said. Jihyo complied.

Jongkook locked her hands and take them to his side. “What are you doing oppa?” Jihyo asks, confused at his action. “I just wanted to hold my girlfriend's hand, I can’t do that outside,” Jongkook replies and kiss the back of her hand he is holding. Jihyo cannot contain a smile to form on her face. She just can’t imagine that this is what she’s been missing for the last ten years.

Jongkook will drop her in the lobby while Jongkook parks the car. “Oppa, we’ll be seen by the other,” Jihyo questions his ideas. “Let them see, I don’t want to hide it from anyone after waiting for 10 years,” Jongkook replies which again, makes Jihyo form a smile. They are one red light away from the complex.

“The moment we are known by the whole building, I’ll announce my true identity to the whole company,” Jongkook said after entering the lobby. “Alright then oppa, see you upstairs,” Jihyo opens the door but Jongkook didn’t let go of her hand. Jongkook pouted his lips to receive a kiss from Jihyo.

“Alright,” Jihyo gives up at her boyfriend's cuteness. Jihyo gives him a quick peck but Jongkook held her head and goes for a longer one. “I’ll be needing the rest tonight,” Jongkook winked and let her hand go. Jihyo got stunned and stand there for a good minute before going inside the building.

 

Jongkook arrives a few minutes after Jihyo enters her office to look more natural. “Hyung, are you dating Jihyo noona?” Kwangsoo asks as soon as Jongkook arrives at his desk. Jongkook froze at the question. “Hahaha, eyes don’t lie hyung,” Kwangsoo knows as soon as Jongkook frozen means he’s right about them dating each other.

“Those stare at the restaurant last night is different, ooohhhh” Kwangsoo with his teasing tone. “That’s not it Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook tries to deny it. “Ehei, hyung, those eyes of yours never lie,” Kwangsoo said to him. “I’ve just known you for a few months, but the moment you saw Jihyo noona is just obvious,” Kwangsoo adds.

“Alright, you won, but please don’t let anybody knows about this,” Jongkook gives up to stop Kwangsoo from teasing him further. “Yes!” Kwangsoo balled his fist in victory. He needs to let Somin know about this but prevent her to spread the news to others. Kwangsoo was never a fan of sharing a secret with anyone but since he and Somin made a promise, he needs to share it with Somin.

“There are only a few days left before your departure Kwangsoo-ya, have you thought of something you need?” Jongkook hinting something to him. “I don’t know hyung, I am excited and sad at the same time, I don’t know where I would live there,” Kwangsoo said with a depressed tone.

“You know what, my brother is going there for his internship, you can live with him instead so I can check on him from time to time,” Jongkook gets an idea for Kwangsoo to live together with Jungkook. “You have a brother hyung? I thought you live alone,” Kwangsoo was surprised at the new fact he just heard.

“You can live with him and just report to me once in a while,” Jongkook said to Kwangsoo who agreed to the idea. “But, you cannot really freely invite Sunbin to the place,” Jongkook said, making him think about that. “Hyung, I’ll make her my girlfriend first then I’ll invite her to my new place,” Kwangsoo boldly said. “Ohh, Namja!” Jongkook exclaimed and slap the tall man’s shoulder.

“Hahahahaha, how’s the thing going with noona?” Kwangsoo asks Jongkook who ignores the question and proceeds with his laptop. “Hyungg!” Kwangsoo slaps Jongkook’s shoulder hard. “What? Did you say something?” Jongkook looks to his left and pretend to not hear his question.

“Wahh, this hyung,” Kwangsoo gives up and continues his work.

 

Lunch arrives and the duo went to the cafeteria since they want to finish their work early today. Jongkook finishes his lunch in a fast manner and went to order a take-out for his girlfriend because he knows she would be busy this time of the year.

Kwangsoo and Jongkook went up after lunch which gives Jongkook a chance to meet his girlfriend at her office. “You go ahead, I’ll need to deliver this,” Jongkook said and showed Kwangsoo the take-out. “Alright hyung, don’t get too carried away, it's office hour,” Kwangsoo teases his hyung and fled away before getting beaten up by Jongkook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter