Chapter 5

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you guys for subscribing to my story, I hope you enjoy reading it as I am writing it. There are probably some of you who got startled by Jongkook younger brother's name, Jungkook. I use his name because I've heard that Jungkook wanted to be mini-size Jongkook, so I put him here. I'm sorry if there are some upset Army reading this. Jongkook and Jungkook are the two best vocalists in my opinion. 

With that get out of the way, Enjoy chapter 5. 

The moment she heard his voice, her eyes widened and she kept looking around like a lost kid in the middle of a crowd. “What’s wrong Jihyo-ya? Are you okay?” Sohee asks as she saw her friend's condition. “Jongkook Oppa,” Jihyo said loud enough for Sohee to hear and shocked to hear his name. “What? Who? Jongkook? Who’s that?” Sohee replied after being shocked to hear her boss's name being mentioned other than Jongkook’s closest circle.

Jihyo walks away from the cashier towards the exit. “Wait Jihyo-ya.” Sohee paid for the groceries and catch up to Jihyo. Jihyo walks around the mall to find Jongkook but failed as they felt tired after walking the entire mall being 1.5km wide with 4 floors. Jihyo and Sohee take rests in one of the cafés inside the mall.

“Who are you searching for Jihyo-ya? Care to give an explanation to me?” Sohee is still out of breath as she follows Jihyo and still carrying the groceries around. “Mian Sohee-ya, I was so surprised to hear his voice,” Jihyo finally said a word after sipping her Americano.

Jihyo told Sohee everything that happened 10 years ago, how he is her first love but she can’t date since she wants to focus on the study, how he was her first kiss at the airport just before her flight back to Korea. How she managed to lose him during that 10 years and hearing his voice bring her memory back. It was the comfort in his voice that she missed. How he can bring comfort and safety just being close to her.

Sohee learns the other side of her boss just by listening to Jihyo’s story. He was warm to everyone, kind and respectful to everyone, even his employee. But the side she learns is that how warm he was to Jihyo. Jongkook always seems cold to Sohee, his voice stays flat. But from Jihyo’s story, she learns that Jongkook has this warmness towards the person he cares for or loves.

“Okay, thank you for sharing with me Jihyo-ya, we can search this guy Jongkook later, for now, let’s go back and put these groceries in your house first,” Sohee still pretended to not know Jongkook and distract Jihyo from her thoughts. “Okay, thank you for listening Sohee-ya,” Jihyo goes in for a hug which Sohee accepts,s and walks out of the café.

 

Jongkook just finished dropping his parents by their house and now driving back to Jungkook apartment. “Jungkook-a, my first love is back and she’s now working at my company, what should I do Jungkook-a?” Jongkook said to his brother while staring straight ahead. “Well, do you still love him hyung?” Jungkook replied while still fidgeting with his phone. “I think I still do Jungkook-a, but I don’t want her to know that I’m her boss,” Jongkook said now staring at his brother. “You can meet her at the café at your building, or meeting at Haha’s hyung office, or you can work as a new employee at your own company,” Jungkook replied as he put down his phone to talk to his hyung seriously.

Jungkook said Haha’s office because Haha actually uses the office more than his own brother. He is barely at the office and if he does, he only focuses on his job.

Jongkook is still in his thought when he actually passes by his brother's apartment complex. “Hyung, we passed my apartment,” Jungkook said while slapping his brother's shoulder. “Aw, Mian, mian, I lost in thoughts,” Jongkook replied and make a U-turn as soon as possible.

“Just do what you think is right hyung, don’t overthink it, it’s just makes everything worse,” Jungkook said as they drive inside the parking space. “Just do something to get close to her, make adjustments, and be happy hyung, just like you taught me,” Jungkook adds and they have arrived at the lobby. Jungkook get out of the car and bid goodbye to his Hyung.

Jongkook drives into the freeway to his parent’s house because his car is still there, he can actually take the car his driving to his apartment but he reasons that he wants to think it through while driving. Driving alone, at night, is his other method of meditation. He usually drives at night when he is bored doing meditation in his room.

He was lost in his thoughts and didn’t actually think where he is going. After almost 30 minutes of driving, he arrives just across an apartment complex. It wasn’t his, it was Jihyo’s. When he realized where he was, he saw a silhouette of a woman who walks from a café with a man and a woman following.

He recognizes the first woman who walks out of the café, but not the man and the woman following her. He thought it must be her friends. He follows them with his eyes from his car. They are on their way to her apartment.

Jongkook decided to just go home and have some needed sleep. He drives and stops at a red light. Jihyo and her friends were just about to cross the road but the man who was walking with her saw Jongkook’s car and talk to them about it. Then they all stare at the car while crossing. His car is very rare and the sound is quite different from the other car. So it attracts their attention. Luckily his windows are tinted so they can’t really see inside the car.

It takes him e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter