Chapter 12

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, this is probably my last update before I'm focusing myself on a test, I'll probably upload another one later. So yeah, I'll be gone in a few weeks. Please don't forget to comment and show this story some love, I'll try to put Kwangsoo more because you guys love him so much. See you ^^

Jihyo got distracted with work as soon as she stepped into her office. ‘Woah, this is unusual,’ Jihyo mutters as she saw the pile of work stacked on her table. She sits down and starts working from top to bottom of the pile. She takes a break to eat her lunch in her office, still looking at the papers in her hand.

Jihyo didn’t even realize that it’s already 7 PM until she got a message from her friend, Lee Dongwook. Saying that he needs her help, accompanying him to the mall to pick up a new suit for a charity he will attend with her girlfriend.

Jihyo forgot about the date she will have with Jongkook at 9 PM and decided to help Dongwook instead. Dongwook is a successful CEO of a start-up company. Jihyo met Dongwook when they worked at Busan, they started becoming friends and almost ended up dating each other, if Jihyo didn’t spot him eyeing on a girl which Jihyo helped him to get close to her.

Jihyo arrives at the mall after 15 minutes of driving. It was the same mall that Jongkook owns, so the valet recognize the car. Dongwook just get out of the car in the lobby with Jihyo’s car behind him. Jihyo was stopped by the valet, thinking that it was Jongkook. Jihyo just followed the valet guy, who opens the door for her.

Dongwook recognize the car, he has seen it in one of the events before but got surprised that Jihyo got out of it instead. “Jihyo-ya!” Dongwook called her. Jihyo who was still confused about the situation heard the call, and walk to him. “Dongwook-a,” Jihyo replied. “I didn’t know you drive that kind of a car before,” Dongwook shakes his head in disbelief. “It’s not mine, a friend of mine lend it to me,” Jihyo denied having that kind of car.

“Alright then, thank you for agreeing to help me,” Dongwook then headed inside with Jihyo following beside him. “It’s nothing, I kind of need this after a long day at work,” Jihyo said while looking around the mall.

They arrive at the store and Dongwook got ahead to try on some of the suits prepared for him. While Jihyo just seat on one of the sofas in the store. Jihyo pulls out her phone only to realize that her phone battery is dead. ‘Aigoo, I forgot to charge it,” Jihyo puts it back in her bag.

Dongwook gets out of the changing room with a dark grey suit, with a black collar which makes it really expensive but it doesn’t really suit him. Jihyo nods at the suit but signaled him to change back. “It makes you look old,” Jihyo said from the sofa.

Dongwook then got out with a dark blue suit with a bow tie that quite suits him but somewhat feels awkward. “This is much better but let’s see the last one,” Jihyo said, making Dongwook turns around to the dressing room. This time, he walked out with another dark grey colored suit, but this time made of velvet. Which makes it stands out from the other. Jihyo approves with two thumbs up from her. “I’ll take this one,” Dongwook said to the staff who helped him.

“Thank you Jihyo-ya, I’ll owe you one,” Dongwook said to Jihyo while walking towards the cashier. “I was just helping a friend in need,” Jihyo which he replied with a big laugh. “Let’s just eat, it’s on me this time,” Dongwook said while getting out of the store. “You’re the wealthier one, of course you’re the one paying,” Jihyo stated the obvious.

They walked towards one of the fancy restaurants in the mall.

 

Jongkook who still waiting at the café without knowing that Jihyo is on one of the malls he owns. James knows that his car is at one of the malls, but he was disabled at night so Jongkook did not get disturbed. It was almost 11 PM when he decided to abandon the date and go home.

He went home with mixed feelings, sad and disappointed that he didn’t get to meet Jihyo but glad that his brother was fine. Then he decided to go home and rest for the day and get ready for the weekend. He went to his apartment in Yongsan, take a shower, and meditate in his meditation room for 30 minutes. He always meditates if his days are not working according to plan

After done meditating about today, he walks to his bedroom and enters the dream world.

 

After the dinner, Jihyo bids Dongwook goodbye and went to the valet. She waits for the car to arrive. The car is spotless and looks shiny. Jihyo got confused, it was the same number plate and color, but cleaner. “What did you do to the car?” Jihyo asks the driver as soon as he hands her the key. “Ah, this car was regular here, so we wash and clean the car,” The driver replied to her and bowed.

Jihyo can only tilt her head, confused as to who is the real owner of the car. Jihyo got into the driver's seat and headed home. If Jihyo knew what she was supposed to do that night, she would never ever forgive herself, but she didn’t, at least not tomorrow. She arrives at her apartment and takes a rest for the weekend.

 

During the weekend, Kwangsoo didn’t dare to disturb Jihyo with the news that she didn’t attend the date with Jongkook on Friday. While Jongkook arrange a meeting with Sunbin on Monday and he needs to focus as the CEO for the rest of the weekend, so he texted Kwangsoo saying that he will not come to the office for that whole week. Kwangsoo immediately agreed because Jongkook send him a letter directly from the CEO saying Jongkook will be assigned to the Busan branch for a week.

 

Monday comes quietly as Jihyo and Jongkook spend their time with their own family. Jongkook takes care of his brother who got warded and got home on Sunday. Jungkook can only go to classes next week, so he takes online classes in the meantime. Jihyo spends her time with her brother going to Pohang, their hometown, and visiting their parents. Jihyo spends her time without guilt.

She arrives with the car that got lend to her. But then, a security guard approaches her. “Excuse me miss, I need to take your car key,” The guard said after bowing to her. Jihyo looked confused but complied, handing him the key. “And I believe this is yours,” the guard hand Jihyo her own car key, which her ex said was missing. “Wait, how did you get this?” Jihyo asks the guards. “I can’t disclose the name, but it was the same person who lend you the car,” the guards then bowed to her and walks towards the security office.

Jihyo has never been so confused in her life. She got taken care of when she saw her ex cheats on her, the same person cooked her the best soup of her life, and now the same one lend her a car and return her supposedly missing car. But her day would go downhill the moment she enter the building.

She arrives at her office, faced with two huge piles of papers. Soojin then came to her office saying that she need to attend the meeting after lunch, regarding the Enviro launch. But then, when Jihyo thought her day couldn’t get any worse, Kwangsoo came to her office looking like a mess.

“What happened Kwangsoo-ya, you look like you’ve been hit by a storm,” Jihyo jokes as she picks another paper from the pile.

 

Jongkook’s office silence is interrupted by a knock. The door opens remotely and he is greeted by a beautiful woman. She enters his office and Jongkook stands up from his seat to greet her. “Please have a seat,” Jongkook said as he took a seat on the sofa. The lady was Lee Sunbin, the one who send him the resignation letter.

“I wasn’t good at chit-chat, so let’s go down on why you would resign from the company,” Jongkook wasn’t the type of person who easily swayed by someone’s mouth but their action and her action proves that she is the one to keep for the company.

“Is there any particular reason for your resignation?” Jongkook adds. Sunbin has not muttered a single word from the mouth the moment she enters his office.

Sunbin takes a moment before she let out her words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter