Chapter 13

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the update to celebrate 200 subs, Thanks to everyone who has given this story a chance, maybe some of you didn't like it, the story is too slow, or something, but I'll do my best to do what you have commented in the previous chapter. I'll be going to prepare for a test, and I'll see you soonest. Thank you once again and enjoy. Please don't forget to comment just about anything, I'll do my best to read each one. ^^

Jihyo just finished eating her lunch, brought by Jongkook. She brings herself to read the pile of paperwork on her desk. She was never a fan of reading a paper, Jihyo was more of an action type of person. She’s more likely to be found in the production line or in a sales team down below.

Soojin knocks on the door and enters after Jihyo lets her. “Excuse me Director, you have a meeting with the marketing department at 2 PM about Enviro,” Soojin said while walking towards Jihyo.

“Ah, I almost forgot, I’ll be there in 10 minutes, what’s the meeting is about?” Jihyo said while putting the paper down and grabbing her stuff. “It will be about their marketing strategy, their budget, and their projected sales,” Soojin tells her about the meeting agenda while Jihyo is putting her blazer on.

“Is there anything I need to know Soojin-ssi?” Jihyo asks when she’s ready to go to the meeting. “Nope, it will be all,” Soojin then walks ahead of Jihyo to the meeting room.

Jihyo strode inside the meeting room and everyone who has arrived turned their head. Jihyo takes a seat and the meeting starts right away. It starts with the product overview, then moves on to the Marketing strategy, then ends with some numbers. The presentation last about 20-30 minutes, but the discussion after the presentation last for 2 hours.

Having a meeting with the Finance Director will not be a walk in a park, it will be a marathon. But, it will be worth your time because she is willing to discuss regardless of your position in the company. She will not end the meeting until all the problems are resolved and the product is approved.

There is one person who didn’t attend the meeting but saw and hear all the discussion happen inside the meeting room. It is Jongkook, the CEO. He saw and hear everything that happened inside. He is glad that he didn’t pick the wrong person for the job, well, her mother put Jihyo there but he is still proud of himself.

Jongkook was with Kwangsoo the whole time, but he manages to steal glances at the meeting and hear from his earphone.

 

Kwangsoo taps Jongkook shoulder, breaking his focus on his laptop. “Why are that surprised hyung, are you okay?” Kwangsoo was confused about why Jongkook got a little surprised. “Ani, I was listening to a podcast Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook said and showed his earphone on his right ear. “Ahh, I was thinking about the restaurant for tonight's dinner,” Kwangsoo change the subject. “I miss Haha hyung restaurant, but I kinda want a warm soup for dinner,” Kwangsoo adds while fidgeting with his finger.

“Donghoon has one of the best Jiggae, you should try it Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook was the one who made the soup and put it in Haha’s menu. “Then, Haha hyung restaurant it is,” Kwangsoo exclaim.

“By the way Kwangsoo-ya, how’s Sunbin-sii? Are you still in contact with her?” Jongkook just remember that Kwangsoo is having a crush on Sunbin. Kwangsoo faces immediately darken, with a frown. “I don’t know hyung, last time I know she was moved to the Busan branch and I wanted to see her face,” Kwangsoo said with a sad tone. “She was the reason why I’m going to work, well money is the number 1 but seeing her face is the second,” Kwangsoo adds.

“I’m sorry Kwangsoo-ya, I wish I could help you with that,” Jongkook almost break out of character, but he fake a cough to stay in character. “You can still facetime her, right?” Jongkook asks after gaining his composure. “We’re not that close hyung,” Kwangsoo still with his sad tone. “Alright then, let’s just focus on what is ahead of us,” Jongkook taps Kwangsoo’s shoulder and gets back to work.

Unknown to Jongkook, Kwangsoo’s mood is going from a hundred to zero in seconds, just with the mention of her name. Kwangsoo lost his focus and keep zoning out for the rest of the day.

It is 5 PM, time to go home. “Let’s go Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook said after gathering his belongings. “Okay hyung,” Kwangsoo replied lazily. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Jongkook asks. “I don’t know hyung, my energy is depleted,” Kwangsoo stands up lazily. “Hey, stop worrying about things that you can’t control,” Jongkook tries to comfort him. “Can you stop her from going there?” Jongkook adds. Kwangsoo shakes his head.

“So why are you so sad like this?” Jongkook asks him again. “If you want to see her, ask your boss if you can take a leave to see her in Busan, ask her on a date, and make it official,” Jongkook gives Kwangsoo a lecture. Kwangsoo let out a little laugh and shake his head in disbelief.

“Maybe you should take the advice to yourself hyung,” Kwangsoo replied sarcastically. “YA!” Jongkook shouts. Jongkook is great at giving advice but didn’t actually do the advice himself, like his situation with Jihyo.

 

Both Kwangsoo and Jongkook smelled something amazing when they got out of the car. “Wahh, I don’t know that it was this crowded when the night comes,” Kwangsoo was surprised by the full-packed restaurant. “I am as shocked as you Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook said while entering the restaurant for their dinner.

Jongkook half lied to Kwangsoo because Haha becomes the caterer in Jongkook owned 5-star Hotel. It was that good, that almost every weekend, the restaurant at that hotel is fully booked. Even Jongkook needs to reserve a week before for his family dinner.

Kwangsoo seats on a private booth that is specially reserved for Haha’s closest friend or family.

Food started to be served and Kwangsoo didn’t stop to be amazed at the food. Jongkook chuckled at the sight of Kwangsoo.

“Kwangsoo-ya, have you talked to Jihyo about what happened last week?” Jongkook starts putting the meat on the grill while Kwangsoo is preparing himself to try the Jjiggae Jongkook said was great. Kwangsoo raises his hand, signaling he was about to do something serious.

Kwangsoo takes a spoonful and tastes the soup. He shakes his head, lets out a loud moan, and said “WOW!” Kwangsoo eyes widened and Jongkook looked satisfied. Jongkook stays silent while watching Kwangsoo devour the Jjiggae.

The soup and the fillings in almost finished when Kwangsoo starts talking. “She forgot about the date hyung, she was distracted with paperwork, and her friends asks her to accompany her to the mall,” Kwangsoo copies what Jihyo told h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter