IV - That's It

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Sorry, long chapter ahead**

 

 

Yuri knew that Jessica will get busier after the launch but she didn't mind. She went to her usual routine which is to cook in the morning when in the end, she'll eat again all by herself. Spend the afternoon outside roaming around the city and have dinner alone at home. It happened the whole week.

 

She went out again with her camera but she was too tired to use it. She's actually tired of doing anything, even answering Taeyeon's call.

"Yul?! Are you really busy?" Taeyeon asked as soon as Yuri answered her call. "Really? On my fourth call?!"

"Bud, come on. I'm just tired." Yuri said curtly then took a deep breath while sitting on a bench not minding the cold weather watching people walk past by her.

Taeyeon knew that Yuri's not okay so she calmed herself down.

"Then come home." Her best friend said.

"Soon Bud. Soon" Yuri shortly answered.

Taeyeon sighed.

"Your birthday's coming up. You promised your mom you'll come home."

Yuri sighed remembering the time she told her mom that.

"I know. But... I don't know."

"Does she even know your birthday's coming?"

"Yes? Maybe? I really don't know. She probably forgot about it since you know."

"As if it's your fault that your birthday is your anniversary too." Taeyeon sarcastically said.

"Taengoo..."

"Sorry Yul. Just saying."

They didn't say a word for a moment. All that's heard are both of their breaths.

"So, your plan?" Taeyeon broke the silence.

"Dinner maybe? At home. I don't know what to give her though. And of course, I'll cook her favorite."

"Okay...?" Taeyeon is clearly waiting for Yuri to say more.

"If it didn't work then maybe that's it." Yuri sighed.

"You're doing it on that day?" Taeyeon asked.

"Nope. Probably tomorrow. Irene told me that she doesn't have a schedule in the evening so yeah."

"Alright."

"Besides, she probably doesn't want to celebrate it on that day."

"Okay Yul. I trust you and I really hope everything will go your way. I mean, you've done more than enough. You definitely deserve succeeding that plan."

"Let's keep our hopes up Tae."

"Just take it easy, okay? And whatever happens, call me. I'll be waiting."

"As if you're always available." Yuri teased.

"Bud, I'll keep my eyes open for you the whole day tomorrow. I promise! If I need to take every pill or booster drink I will!"

They both laughed.

"Yeah right. Thanks Taengoo! As always. I owe you a lot."

"Naahh. Don't mention it. Just come home and everything's paid."

"Soon. I promise I'll be there. And when it happens, make sure to prepare a party for me!" Yuri jokes.

"Of course!!! We'll have every single person in town invited!"

They both shared long waves of laughter this time.

 

The following day came and as expected Yuri made herself busy decorating and cooking for her surprise plan.

She was too busy to notice that it's already six in the evening. She took a bath and wore her usual outfit that Jessica loves. A black sweater and denim jeans of B&E and branded white sneakers that Jessica gave her.

 

Until she received a call from Irene.

"Ms. Yuri, I'm sorry. I know you're busy but can you come to the Pendry Hotel? Ms. Jung needs you." Irene said.

"Why? What happened? Something wrong?! Is she okay?" Yuri panicked.

"No. She's definitely fine. But you are needed here."

"Okay, okay. I'll be right there." Yuri answered.

"Just go straight to the VIP lounge. I'll wait for you there.

"Okay thanks Irene."

 

Without hesitation, Yuri grabbed her keys, coat, and scarf. When she reached her car, she decided not to bring it hoping she could join Jessica going home later. She left and took a cab instead.

 

As expected, Irene's waiting for her at the VIP lounge.

"Irene." Yuri called her as soon as she saw her.

"Ms. Yuri. I'm really sorry. The interview was supposed to be with Ms. Krystal only but it suddenly changed. I know you've got plans tonight. I'm really sorry." Irene said apologetically.

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Yuri said then smiled. "So, where is she?"

"She's retouching right now. We just finished the interview with Ms. Krystal. And we're just waiting for the team to finish setting up."

"What do you think the interview is about?" Yuri asked.

"Probably just about the launch. I also coordinated with Ms. Sooyoung about your surprise appearance for today and she gave her go signal. She said they will all watch it." 

"Yeah, I just received her message on my way here. Is this okay?" Yuri pointed at her outfit.

Irene hummed thinking about it but she's sure that it will not pass Jessica's taste.

 

"Yuri." Jessica called her from behind.

Yuri turned and faced her woman.

"Love. Hi. I thought something bad happened to you so I rushed here."

Jessica walks towards her and looks at her from head to toe.

"That's not gonna work." Jessica commented.

"Sorry Love, I didn't bring my car so I don't have a spare outfit."

Jessica shook her head in disappointment.

"Irene, get her the black trousers and the printed coat. Shoes are fine."

Irene nodded then left.

"Let's go." Jessica clung to Yuri's arm as they started walking towards a room that pretty much turned into a dressing room.

Jessica instructed her styling team to doll up Yuri for the interview.

Moments after, Yuri the celebrity is ready.

 

"Everyone, we're starting in 10 minutes! Thank you!" A staff member shouted. Yuri is just standing in the corner while waiting for Jessica who's talking to someone.

 

"Ms. Yuri!" Seolhyun greeted her by waving her hand.

Yuri smiled noticing the girl. "Hi Seolhyun, good to see you!"

"I was surprised that you're joining Ms. Jung in the interview later."

"Yeah. Kinda got used to it already." Yuri chuckled. "Most of the time I always get surprised with my schedule. I always lose track, so I just go with the flow."

"Well, for sure the interview will be fun." Seolhyun comments.

"I hope so." Yuri answered in a plain tone.

 

"Yuri." Jessica calls as she reaches the side of Yuri.

Yuri looked at her then smiled. "Hi Love."

"Ms. Kim, nice to see you again. You're also joining the press team?"

"Hi Ms. Jung, nice to see you too. Yes, I'll be joining them later."

Jessica nods then smiles. "By the way, thank you for the article. It was well-written and every important detail is all mentioned. I appreciate that."

"Oh, I'm happy you liked it. Thank you. I just granted Ms. Yuri's request." Seolhyun answered.

Jessica looks at Yuri who's looking down on her hands. "And what is that?"

"To write an amazing article about you. She said that that's all she wanted." Seolhyun cheerfully said.

Yuri looks at her shyly then smiled. Jessica, on the other hand, didn't know what to say to her.

"Well, out of all the articles released about the launch, it was my favorite."

The two women smiled at each other.

"I'll see you around Ms. Jung, Ms. Yuri." Seolhyun nodded with a smile then left.

 

"You look nervous, Yuri." Jessica noticed.

"I'm always nervous Love." Yuri smiled.

Yes, indeed, she's always nervous. She probably won't ever get used to the feeling of being a celebrity that all attention is on her. Doing interviews mostly gives her panic attacks but she always tries to stay calm.

But today is different. She couldn't explain it. She just knows that it's different.

 

Moments after, they are both seated on a couch in the center of the platform. On a separate chair next to Jessica is where Wendy is sitting and next to Yuri is Minho.

Yuri and Jessica are both friends with the hosts. The ambiance is light as they talk to each other comfortably off-cam.

Krystal sneaks into the set making herself comfortable sitting on the back. She doesn't really care about anything anymore except for Yuri. She may be disappointed at how Yuri acted during the launch, but she can never hide her concern for her. She always wants to make sure to keep an eye on Yuri.

"What is it this time Jess?" She thought.

 

"Okay everybody, we're going live on 5..4..3..2..." The assistant director cues her hand.

The hosts gave introductions and few words about the segment and their most anticipated guests for the night.

"I can't wait any longer anymore, let's all welcome the Royal Couple, Jessica Jung and Kwon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter