XXII - Unsure

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Long Chapter Ahead**

 

If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up from it anymore. Jessica thought as she stared at Yuri who's sleeping soundly on her back. She was able to sleep immediately when Yuri trapped her with a warm embrace. But something woke her up just before sunrise, and couldn't go back to sleep again.

Yuri's side profile is just a breathtaking view from Jessica. She's been staring at her for quite a while now while her head rests on her woman's shoulder and her arm wraps around the waist.

A moment later, Yuri's brows furrow and she starts moving her head lightly. Jessica looks at her curiously. She starts murmuring low until it is starting to get loud.

Jessica lifts her body with a hand on Yuri's face and starts caressing it.

"Love... love..."

She starts tapping the face lightly as she continues to call her. 

"Love..."

Yuri jerked with open eyes. She held her breath for a moment then blinked a few times.

"Love, you okay?" Jessica asks while she continues to caress Yuri's face.

Her lover looks at her then stares at her without a word breathing heavily. Yuri's gaze was with fear and confusion.

"Bad dream?" Jessica asked again.

Yuri just nodded, then turned her body to the side. She pulled Jessica to her chest then hugged her tight. She starts to feel heavy again. She could feel her heart start beating hard. She closes her eyes trying to calm herself and brush the disturbance off her mind but she just can't. Tears escaped her eyes and she quickly wiped them off.

 

About almost an hour past and a part of the sun is already visible, they're both still awake. Jessica notices it then starts caressing Yuri's back.

"Love, I know you're still awake. Do you want to talk?"

The embrace loosens, and their eyes meet.

"I know you have questions. Go, ask." Yuri said but more like a whisper.

Have you forgiven me? Jessica thought. The truth is she could ask every single question she has on her mind but she's not even sure if she's ready to hear the answers. She thought that a wrong question could ruin them again. She was scared to lose her again, she can't let that happen. 

"Are... are you mad that I'm here?"

Yuri smiled and shook her head. "Do I look like I'm mad?"

Jessica chuckles. "Sorry. Aren't you going to ask why I'm here?"

Yuri shakes her head. "I have nothing to ask."

That bothered Jessica. She knew Yuri as always a curious person. She always asks. She always makes sure that she gets the answers she needs in a way she'll be knowledgeable enough about something. It gives her a sudden recall of how Yuri asked her questions from a slum book just to know simple things about her.

They both stayed like that for a couple of hours. Just silently staring at each other. Their hands would either caress each other's back or touch their faces. Yuri's gaze was different. Jessica thought. She knows that something's hiding behind her every stare but she just couldn't ask. She feels like she's not entitled to.

 

Jessica stays sitting on a chair as she watches Yuri prepare their food. She couldn't help but smile looking at Yuri do the work. She misses this. They both do.

"Here, Yuri's Famous Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich." Yuri smiled as she placed the food and a pitcher of fresh orange juice on the table. She then sat next to Jessica who looked so happy and excited.

They both took a bite from each of the sandwiches then hummed as if they're talking. They knew what it meant. No need for words. They both liked it. But more than that, they love the feeling of being able to share food together. Just the two of them and both willing.

Jessica volunteered to clean up after they ate. Yuri went outside and stood by the parapet. She didn't mind the cold weather. She took a few deep breaths. Something is still bothering her but she's trying her best to get her mind out of that disturbance.

 

I knew I had to see you. She thought. So, I would know if it's time.

 

Suddenly, a blanket wrapped around her body that surprised her, and Jessica stood by next to her wearing a knitted beige coat.

"Thanks," She says.

The woman just smiled back at her.

"So, what time will you be going to The Diner?" Yuri asked.

"Oh, I won't. It's my day off."

"I see. And B&E?"

"I work remotely from here. I have my laptop with me, so I can work anytime. You?"

"No work today."

Jessica nodded then mouthed 'okay'.  She wanted to ask her to stay. She wanted to eat lunch with her and maybe even dinner. She wanted to take her somewhere and leave work for today.

"Will you be okay here alone?" Her lover asks.

She hummed in confusion. "Uhm... Why?"

"'I'm leaving. I have a schedule today."

"Oh, I thought you had no work today?"

Yuri nodded, "Yes. But it's not for work."

Will you be quick? Can you come by again after? Is that far? Can I take you there instead? Her questions were trapped in her mind.

"Okay. Of course, I'll be fine." She answered.

"Good."

 

An hour passed and Yuri was already dressed and ready to leave. If there's any consolation for Jessica, It was enough that Yuri hugged her and planted a kiss on her forehead before bidding goodbye. She couldn't do anything but watch her walk away. Her heart may ache for now, but she can endure it. Whatever happened last night and this morning, she'll never trade that for anything. She can wait. For now, this is enough.

Sooyoung picked her up in front of the apartment building. She didn't tell her friends that she was with Jessica last night and that the woman is staying there. They just know that she spent the night at her old apartment.

Her second consultation with Dr. Min-young was quick unlike the first one. It was just an update about the past two weeks. She was advised to continue taking her meds and they'll see each other again in two weeks' time.

Her manager made her busy the whole week again. And since the start of the week, Yuri continues to receive something from Jessica but this time, she sends back something too. From simple snacks, boxes of chocolates, and flowers. Just as Jessica likes, a bouquet of white Ecuadorian roses. There may still be uncertainty for Yuri but she knows she feels happy reading the notes on the gifts. Maybe, they're back to that. Taking things slowly until the time comes again for them.

The right time.

 

She was able to visit the cafe on Friday late afternoon but not to work. They got stuck in traffic after a shoot and the cafe is just around the corner so they went. Tiffany wasn't there. Yuri isn't sure if the woman continues to avoid her. She went to Taiwan for a business conference until the weekend.

"You still have a schedule tonight, Unnie?" Seohyun placed two cups of iced Americano on the reserved table then joined them.

Yuri pouts with both her brows raised. 

"You don't have a schedule Yul." Sooyoung answered who's sitting across from her. 

Yuri didn't react. Her expression is still the same but her eyes are pinned on the table.

"What's wrong?" Sooyoung gave a light squeeze on Yuri's hand on the table and her friend looked at her.

"I just..." She's having a hard time expressing her thoughts through words. She looked outside of the window and didn't finish what she had to say.

"Do you want to see her?" Yuri then looks at Sooyoung. "It's fine Yul if you want to see her."

"Unnie, if that will make you feel better, then do it." Seohyun comments.

Yuri still didn't talk.

"You're not telling me something, aren't you?" Sooyoung leaned forward and held Yuri's hand.

Yuri sighed deeply. "Seo, your shift is over, right?"

"Yes Unnie."

"Will you come with me?"

"Sure Unnie. I'll just go get changed." Seohyun stood up and walked to the locker room.

Sooyoung scoffed. "Yul, seriously," She crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter