XIII - Seeing Her

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight through the full glass window is starting to light up the entire living room with Yuri, Taeyeon, and Sunny sitting on the sofa having coffee and not talking. All of them are staring blankly to nowhere, deep in their morning thoughts.

Sooyoung is at the kitchen counter preparing her coffee and some pastries.

Yuri walked to the window and took a deep breath. Her last sip from her bitter coffee made her feel the bitterness she's trying to avoid. Today could be the day but she's not even ready yet. Will she survive? She's starting to feel how long the morning is.

Did the time stop? She thought. This is surely going to be a long day.

She stayed there standing, just deep in her thoughts, then Sooyoung joined them.

"Bud, you'll be okay. Don't worry about it too much." Taeyeon said, trying to cheer-up Yuri.

Yuri just nodded.

"Is she going to be there Soo?" Sunny asked, then sipped from her cup.

"I don't know. Well, Irene told me that she has another schedule today. So, we'll see."

"Just prepare yourself, Yul. If she'll be there at least you know what to do." Sunny continued.

Yuri turns then forces a smile at them. "Yeah. It's just gonna be hard this time I guess. Because it's been a while since the last time I saw her. I don't know what to feel." She sits next to Sunny then puts her cup on the coffee table in front of them.

"Bud, just go with the flow." Taeyeon said to Yuri who's sitting across from her. "What's good is that it's just gonna end there. You won't have to go through after that."

"Yeah, you’re right." Yuri shortly answered.

"You want to go out after Yul?" Sooyoung asked. "That is if you're still not tired of course."

"That'll be great I guess."

 

Sooyoung and Yuri arrived at the B&E Store an hour early before their call time.

"Yul, last chance. Are you really going to do this?" Sooyoung asked as soon as they reached the top of the stairs, a few steps away from the entrance.

"I'm here to do my job Soo. I signed a contract so, I have to do this." Yuri answered as she looks at the building. She still wasn't sure if she can do it but just like what she said, she needs to because it's part of her job.

Sooyoung nods then walks to the entrance with Yuri. And as soon as Yuri enters the shop, memories of the past start to enter her mind. The scent that went straight to her lungs that she can never exhale reminds her of her nearly sleepless nights as she waits for Jessica to finish work. This shop became their apartment for a week when Jessica's team needed to finish the last details of her collection for her first-ever local fashion showcase. The couch where she saw Jessica sleeping, waited for her after a six-hour delayed flight. The fitting room where they made out just because of a silly game with her gang. How can she ever forget? If everything around her will just continue to remind her of the woman who caused her pain.

Yuri lets go of everything she just thought. She has one job to accomplish today. That's all that matters. And the sooner things get done, she'll get away quickly from this hell. As expected, plenty of people are already there setting up. The staff and the photographer greeted her as soon as they saw her. The clothes that she's going to wear for the shoot are all arranged accordingly per set on the rack. The pairs of shoes are all lined up on the floor. Irene is already there but no Jessica around.

"Ms. Yuri! It's been great seeing you." Irene greeted her cheerfully as soon as she saw them.

"It's good to see you too Irene. How have you been?" Yuri asked.

"Busy as always Ms. Yuri. There have been a lot of things going on after the expansion is confirmed."

"Wow! That's great! Congratulations."

"Thanks, Ms. Yuri. It's also because of you. You've been such a great help representing the brand."

Yuri just smiled shyly.

"Why are we shooting again here and not in a studio?" Sooyoung asked.

"Oh, yes. About that. Since we are focused on the expansion, the creative team thought we should shoot here instead to somehow give the investors a good impression about the brand and the shop itself. And I’m sorry Ms. Sooyoung and Ms. Yuri. It was just confirmed this morning before you arrived that later, the investors will watch the entire shoot. I’m really sorry I was supposed to inform you but you arrived already."

Sooyoung nods. "I see. Okay."

“It’s fine Irene. It’s not your fault.” Yuri said then smiled at her.

"Thank you, Ms. Yuri. Will you please excuse me? I just have to check on some things. Please make yourselves comfortable. And if you need anything please let me know."

"Okay. Thanks Irene." Yuri said.

The woman bowed then left.

 

The make-up and styling team came and Yuri didn't want to waste time. She insisted on starting to doll her up as soon as they finished setting up and showing her the clothes she's going to wear.

 

"I thought you had a schedule today Soo?" Yuri asked as both of them checked the clothes on the rack.

"It's fine, Yul. This is more important. I can't miss the first day of my Superstar!" They both chuckled. "Besides, it's merely gonna be updating so I told the coordinator to just email it to me."

"Thanks, Manager Soo." Yuri looked at her and smiled.

"By the way Yul, as Irene mentioned earlier, there will be investors here later. And if she ever comes later... you know...people still don't have any idea about what's up. You, sure you can?"

Yuri stopped and raised her head up and took a deep breath. "Honestly, I don't know. But I'll probably just depend on her." Yuri sighed and looked at Sooyoung. "Like Taengoo said, just go with the flow."

 

Strobe lights keep on flashing as the photographer does her test shots. Everyone's still busy checking everything before starting the shoot. Yuri is now all set and wearing oversized white trousers and a coat with a black fitted lace cropped top and white leather tassel loafers from the suit collection. Light make-up that highlights her dark eyes, brows, and lips on a matte cool brown shade, and untied wet-look hairstyle.

Yuri and Sooyoung are just sitting on a couch talking about the wedding preparations while waiting for the shoot to start. Some fans are waiting outside hoping to see Yuri or Jessica or maybe both of them as the official B&E social media accounts posted behind the scene photos of Yuri getting groomed. The place is guarded by plenty of security staff making sure no fan will get near the vicinity.

A sudden noise from a group of people caught Yuri and Sooyoung's attention. They both stood up and looked around. Then at the entrance, they saw two women who looked fashionable in old-rose and white suits. And a man in an all-black outfit under a dark brown trench coat.

There is also another woman that Yuri couldn't get a glimpse of because of a videographer in front of her. And as the group gets near her, she's starting to hear a familiar voice. A voice she used to hear every day. A voice that once became her wake-up call and lullaby. The voice she's always excited to hear over the phone. All of a sudden, everything starts to move in slow motion right before her eyes. She couldn't hear any sound except for that soft voice and the beat of her heart that was pounding so hard. She instantly couldn't breathe properly.

It took Sooyoung to call her thrice with a light pinch on her arm until finally, She looked at Soyoung.

"Yul... she's here." Sooyoung said.

Yuri is trying to understand what she just said. Everything feels blurry to her. Until her eyes finally look at the woman who owns the soft voice that is liable for what she feels at that moment.

The woman is smiling beautifully from ear to ear walking towards her until they only have a foot apart from each other.

"Hi Love." The woman says then hugs her.

Her body moved with an automatic response which is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter