IX - Breathe

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Jung?" Irene calls as she enters Jessica's office.

The woman is standing by the full glass window. Her arms both embracing herself, her brows furrowed as she looked outside. She's been like this ever since Yuri left. Lost in her thoughts. She hasn't slept properly either. She still couldn't think straight even after the call with Sooyoung. She wanted to go back to Seoul when Sooyoung told her about Yuri. She almost booked a flight but a lot of things go through her mind. A bunch needs consideration after the launch. She can't screw it up. She needs to stay focused on her game but she's been distracted.

She couldn't breathe.

 

Irene clears hoping Jessica will notice her but the eyes of her boss are pinned on the window.

She walks closer to Jessica. "Ms. Jung."

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts then looked at her.

"Yes? Sorry." Jessica walks to her table and sits on the chair.

"I believe you already saw the news and the photos online. Ms. Kwon is back in Seoul." Irene said standing in front of Jessica's table.

Jessica nodded. "Yes. And I already called Sooyoung. She said she's with her."

Irene nodded. "Change of plans Ms. Jung?" Irene asked.

Jessica's elbows support her arms on the table as she puts her hands on her head. She's having a hard time choosing whether to follow Yuri to Seoul or stay for her business. It may have been their promise to each other before, but Yuri was the one who fulfilled that promise at most. It's always easy for Yuri to choose her. Adjust or change schedule, wait patiently, understand Jessica, let go of the canceled dates and just say okay at almost everything. So, Jessica got used to the fact that she doesn't really need to make decisions about choosing who or which. She knows that Yuri would always understand her. But now, it's different. She wanted to see Yuri so bad. She eagerly wanted to talk to Yuri but for her to get what she wanted, she needed to sacrifice some things. And that is not what she's ready to do for now.

"Can I do that?" She asked, not looking at Irene.

"I can make arrangements, Ms. Jung. Just tell me if we will push through with the plan." Irene answered.

Jessica rests her back on the backrest of her chair, arms crossed. "And if I lose anything?" She asks as she stares at her table.

Irene sat in one of the two chairs in front of the table then took a deep breath. "Unnie," She calls then Jessica looks at her. "I'll speak to you for once. You can't master two things at the same time, they say. You win some, you lose some. What's important is, are you willing to sacrifice something just for you to get what you really want? If you're thinking about losing Yuri Unnie for your business, will that make you feel fulfilled? Or maybe, you can try something and hold on to both of them and sacrifice other things instead."

Jessica took a deep breath and looked at the window.

"I'm just saying, if you still love Yuri Unnie, then go after her. Talk to her. Do everything if you really want to get her back. Face the consequences. Admit your mistakes. You have a great team here who can look after Blanc. Why get a team pool of creative and talented people if you don't trust them and you still do all the work? That's nonsense." Irene looks at Jessica waiting if she's going to say something but the woman continues to stare at the window.

Irene stood up letting Jessica get lost in her thoughts again. "I believe that you already know the answer. Just call me if you need anything, Ms. Jung." Irene bowed then turned around.

"Irene," Jessica calls. Irene turns and looks at her. "Do you think she'll give me a chance?"

"Does it matter?" Irene asked as she walked closer to the table. Jessica's brows furrowed in confusion. "Unnie, if she gives you a chance or not, it doesn't matter. Just at least show her you still want her. You still love her. Win or lose just at least try to fight for it. Just like what she did."

Irene's last words hit her right to her core. The girl was right. Yuri knew that she probably won't win up to the very end but she still tried. She did everything willingly and did not think if she'll win or not all because of her love for Jessica. But they're both different. Jessica is not a loser. She always wins. She gambles on something she knows she won't lose. That's her. But not until Yuri came into her life. The woman changed her perspective about things, about people. When it comes to decision-making, she always weighs things before choosing which. Yuri is never selfish which is very different from Jessica. But Yuri made her understand how being selfless will not make you a loser or a hero but just a good person. Yuri is a good person. That's her.

 

 

"Eomma, Appa, I'm here." Yuri calls as she knelt down in front of her parents' tombs. She puts a large bouquet on the side. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon sat on the grass beside Yuri while Sunny and Sooyoung stood behind them.

"I know you're doing great up there. Mom's probably telling you old stories for the nth time, right Dad?" Yuri smiled.

"I'm sorry that I was gone for a long time. But I never forgot about you. I know that you know that." Yuri clears some dry leaves on the tombs. "I wish I can tell you simply that everythings' good. That I'm fine. That I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter