XXIV - Behind The Gaze

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Long Chapter Ahead**

 

 

Their itinerary for the day was forgotten when Yuri woke up at noon catching her breath followed by heavy breathing after. She looked at Jessica who was still sounding asleep on the bed, laying on her stomach.

If not for the sunrise that begins to light the room from the window, they won't probably stop making love.

They did it four more times from dusk until dawn.

The kitchen is busy with the only head chef available at the moment. Yuri is on her sweater and sweatpants again just to serve their purpose on her body. Her hair is in a messy bun which pretty much complements her old and stained maroon apron.

Holding the plate with her cooked food, she turns off the stove then suddenly, arms wrapped around her waist. She was startled a little but felt comfortable after.

"Good morning Love," Jessica mumbled with her lips pressed on Yuri's back.

Her hand rubbed the arms on her waist then smiled.

"It's afternoon already." Yuri answered and they both giggled.

They both sat on the chairs across from each other which is the usual. And as expected, Jessica looks so happy with what Yuri has served on the table.

"Sorry, since we didn't go to the market, this is all I have for late brunch."

Yuri served a typical western breakfast. Tuna omelette, grilled bacon strips, sausages and tomatoes, and buttered sandwiches.

"It's okay, Love. I'll still eat them. Thank you!" Jessica pulled herself up pouting her lips and Yuri knew what it meant. She pulled herself up too and the kiss landed on her forehead. It's always been like that.

"Love, can I make a request?" She asked after Yuri poured the bottled mango juice on her glass.

Yuri hummed, then looked at her.

"Can we just stay here the whole day? Let's not leave."

As expected, Yuri was convinced in an instant. Her woman doesn't need to please her. It is always easy for her to adjust and give in.

"Sure."

 

Jessica cleared the table and took the task to wash the dishes.

Yuri went to the front yard deck and sat on the wooden floor with a blanket wrapped around her body. What has happened to them since last night jives to how great the day is for her. She took a deep breath then let out a smile. She held on to her thoughts, hoping that the comfort she feels right now would continue. That all her inhibitions and doubts could disappear in thin air. That if this is not for her or for them, then it should have ended from the very beginning instead of soon transforming her confidence to false hopes.

"Love, you okay?" Jessica sits next to her and clings to her arm.

Yuri then wraps the blanket around her shoulders. She didn't answer.

"What are you thinking?"

Yuri looked at her then smiled.

You. Us. She thought.

"Nothing. Just enjoying the cold breeze."

Jessica smiled then wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist and rested her head on the crook of her neck.

 

The afternoon was spent with more sweet kisses and warm hugs. 

They both enjoyed the warm shower that eventually heated with their bodies sticking together and mouth taking each other hungrily. And that's probably the longest shower in history.

 

"Love," Jessica mumbled in between kisses. They're sitting on the couch and have been kissing each other for a while now.

Yuri hummed and continued to lock their lips.

"What's for dinner? It's..." She looks at her phone, "almost seven now."

Yuri then smiled then kissed her again.

"Hmmm... I'll call Samchon. What do you want?"

As she thinks of the food, both her hands are on Yuri's face, tapping both cheeks lightly. "Seafood? Just any seafood dish."

"Okay." Yuri planted a kiss on her forehead then stood up to get her phone.

When Yuri got out of her room, she saw Jessica on a video call while sitting at the dining table. She walks to her and pecks her head then hugs her from behind, her arms over Jessica's shoulders.

"Hi Irene!" Yuri greeted her happily.

"Hi Ms. Yuri. I'm so sorry. We just need Ms. Jung's approval for the new designs."

"It's fine. But please not too long! I need her today!" Yuri jokes while shaking Jessica's body in a tight hug. Jessica squealed and they both laughed. The woman on the screen laughed with a hand covering .

"Promise this will be quick. She's yours after."

"Thank you!" Yuri giggles. "Wait, I'll just ask her something." Yuri kneels on Jessica's side and her woman holds her face.

"I'm going to the market with Nabi. You wanna come?"

"I would love to. But," Jessica points on her phone in front of her then pouts. "I'll be fine, Love."

"Okay." Yuri smiled.

Jessica leans to kiss her lips gently. "I'll see you later, Love."

"Alright." Yuri stood up and waved to Irene. The woman waved back to her.

"Jess?" Yuri calls her by the door holding the knob. Jessica turned to look at her from behind.

"Yes?"

"See you later, Love." They both shared an affectionate smile then Yuri closed the door.

 

Yuri had a hard time opening the door. Biting the plastic bag handle of the buttered garlic seafood platter take-out food and both hands evenly carry grocery bags. She bought everything that they could possibly need for the whole week. From fresh meats, vegetables, fruits, Jessica's usual cravings, chocolates, and a few home essentials. 

She was able to get in and went straight to the dining area and placed everything on the table. She heard the woman talking. She looked around and then she saw her at the patio talking to someone over the phone. She stood at the backdoor staring at the back of her lover smiling. She instantly thought of surprising her by giving her a back hug.

Until,

"Taec, I can't. I don't know when I am coming back. I already told you."

Yuri stood behind Jessica listening to the conversation. She was observing the manner of her partner. She was calm. She doesn't sound irritated, mad, or uncomfortable. Yuri felt the madness inside her in an instant. Her stares were deadly. Her jaws tighten. She breathes heavily through her nose. Both her hands fisted.

"Okay, I'll see you when I get back."

That's the end of it.

Yuri snapped.

"Yes, I will don't worry ---" Yuri suddenly grabbed Jessica's phone, and Jessica was shocked looking back at Yuri who had a dangerous gaze.

"Love," She mumbled in fear.

Yuri bit her lower lip then turned. She threw the phone as she groaned and it broke the glass window. Jessica screamed after the sudden shock. Yuri breathes heavily then hurriedly walks inside the house. Jessica followed her immediately.

 

"Love, let me explain please."

"Explain?! !" Yuri yelled as she reached the center of the house near the dining area. Jessica was terrified. "You ing tell me what's the real score between you two!"

"Love... It's just... work."

"FUUUCCKKK!!!" Yuri screamed with all her might, both her hands fisted tightly. Her voice doesn't seem to go low any time. "Don't ing fool me now Jess! What's going on between you two?!"

Jessica was shaking. Tears begin to form in her eyes. She was hesitant to go near Yuri because this is the first time she saw her this furious and did something like that. It could be useless, but she still tried to reach out to her.

"TELL ME!!!!!" Yuri yelled looking at Jessica furiously.

That scared her more. "Love, please... Not like this. I--I can explain. Just calm down please." She cries as she tries to get near to Yuri but the latter has been keeping her distance from her.

"! Calm down?! Are you ing kidding me?!" Yuri walks without a clear stop. She's breathing heavily and couldn't look at Jessica.

"WHAT, YOU SUDDENLY CHANGED YOUR MIND?! IT'S HIM AGAIN?! AND ME? WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

"No Love... no.. please! Just calm down." Jessica was able to touch her face but Yuri threw her hands away.

"Don't ing touch me!"

"Love I told you, it was just for work. Please! Just calm down." Jessica stood distant from her contemplating what to do.

Yuri starts to punch the wooden walls lightly as she stands there taking everything in.

"Just be honest with me, please! Are you back together?!" Yuri looks at her in tears but her eyes are still fiery.

"No Love, no. Never."

Yuri wipes down her tears then shakes her head in disappointment. "DON'T LIE TO ME!!!"

"Love, I'm not. Please..."

"! ! !" Yuri yelled again and kicked the barstool hard. It fell with a loud bang almost hitting Jessica's feet. "Don't lie to me because I know!" She pointed a finger at Jessica. "I know he was in LA. I know you were with him."

Jessica was astonished. With half-open, her body was shaking as she stood there and couldn't say anything.

"If something's going on between you two, just ing tell me!"

They both stood there looking at each other. Jessica is still not answering her.

"What now? Tell me, how many times did you do it?"

"Wha--what?!" Jessica was in disbelief.

"C'mon Jess! How many times did he ed you?!"

Jessica's fear turned into rage in an instant. She walks hurriedly to Yuri until their faces are a foot away from each other. "Don't you dare accuse me of something I didn't do Yuri!"

Yuri scoffed. "Don't accuse you of something you didn't do... That's right Jess." She clicks her tongue then forces a laugh. "Really? Don't ing accuse you of something you didn't do? Wow, Jess. Jokes on you!"

Jessica was taken aback. She surely knows what Yuri meant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter