XXVII - Always You (Finale)

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn't waste any time packing her things. A good thing though since they're supposed to fly to Barcelona, she didn't unpack all her clothes. She was able to get prepped in less than a very unusual hour.

Irene had a hard time booking their tickets back to Seoul so Jessica thought of contacting her friends who she thinks can help them since time is of the essence. She was grateful when Tyler lent them his private jet without hesitation. They were able to arrive in Seoul at noon.

"Unnie, are you sure you're doing this alone?" Irene asked when Jessica rashly opened the car door of the driver's seat.

"Yes. Just bring everything to the apartment, I'll call you."

 

Jessica then drove away without a clear destination. She immediately calls Yuri but the phone is off.

, I hope you're still not changing your number. She thought when Sooyoung came to her mind.

Thankfully, Sooyoung answered the call.

"Jess?"

"Yes!" She heaved a sigh of relief. "Hi Soo! I know it's been a while but can you help me?"

"Why? what's wrong?"

"I need to find Yuri. Where is she? Did she change her number? I can't reach her."

"Oh, well, no. But, today's her birthday and every year, well... ever since what happened to you both, she had asked this day to enjoy alone. Her phone is off the whole time she does her routine and she'll call me when she's done."

"Routine? What do you mean?"

"Well, she goes to places that we really don't know. She just does what she wants. We also don't know if she's coming home."

"Oh my God." Jessica sighed heavily.

"Jess, you're on loudspeaker. Taeyeon, Sunny, and Hyo are here."

"Hi, guys! Maybe you can help me? Please I beg you all. I need to see her."

"Jess, Uhm... if I'm not mistaken, she mentioned last night that she'll go visit Mina Eomma and the Brewed. Maybe you should start there?"

"Oh, okay. Thank you Taeng."

"Jess, Hyo here. Last week I remember, she said that she wanted to visit Namsan Tower and Nami Island but I'm not sure."

"Oh, God! This is more difficult than what I expected." Jessica sounded too frustrated. Her fingers tap the steering wheel a few times as she bites her lips and her brows furrow.

"Sunny here! Uhm... I don't really know where else she could be other than at the memorial park. She never forgets to visit her parents. For sure she's there."

"Okay thank you, guys. I appreciate it. Really."

"Jess, are you really going to those places just to find her?"

"Of course Taeng. She almost gave up everything she had when she followed me to LA. This road trip wouldn't mean that much of what she did but, I'm taking my chances now. And I'm not missing this one."

She suddenly heard cheers from her friends.

"Yessss!!!" Taeyeon yelled cheerfully. "We're rooting for you, Jess! And promise, if she ever calls, we'll let you know."

"Thank you so much, guys!"

 

She immediately drove to the Diner but Mina Eomma wasn't there. The helper told her that Yuri came by but left immediately after a short talk with her mom.

Thinking of not wasting a second, she quickly drove to the café. The street was closed because of an art parade event. She had to park her car a few blocks away from the place.

She was catching her breath when she reached the counter.

"Jess?" Tiffany was surprised to see her. "Are you okay?"

"Yuri. I need to find her." She breathes heavily. "Where is she?" Both her hands are pressed on the counter.

"Oh, I really don't know. She's out there somewhere. She dropped by earlier but that's it. It's her birthday today and--"

"Yeah, I know. So you don't have any idea where she is?" She continues to catch her breath.

Tiffany paused for a moment as she thought. "Well... for sure she'll visit her parents. You could find her there I guess and she'll either stay at her old apartment or penthouse. She's usually back by dinner time but... I don't know."

"Thanks, Tiff, thank you so much!" Jessica immediately ran out of the café.

Tiffany smiles as she shakes her head.

"Unnie, you think they're getting back together?" Seohyun asked in surprise.

"I hope they are." She smiled then started mixing a drink.

 

There were a lot of closed roads at that time so Jessica had to take some detours.

"Jeezzz.... really? Why does it have to be today?" She mumbled as she made a turn to another road.

And just around the corner is Namsan park. Just like what she said, she's taking her chances.

Catching her breath, she didn't stop looking and walking around hoping she'll get a glimpse of Yuri. She didn't mind the people calling her or talking about her. She just continued to walk at the huge park until she reached the tower entrance. At every corner of the place, her eyes are scanning everything she sees.

She stopped for a moment and took a lot of deep breaths. It may be winter already but it didn't stop the sweat from dripping from her head to her face. She looks around from where she stood and suddenly felt like a dé·jà vu. The time when she was looking for Yuri at the LA airport and failed to see her.

 

No... No... Her hands both cover her face. I need to find you. I will find you this time.

 

As the sun started to set, the place was starting to let her hopes down and so she left. She drove again until finally, she reached the memorial park. As she continues to look around, she starts to feel hopeless and helpless at the same time.

Unexpectedly, she was in tears when she saw the flowers beside the tomb of Yuri's parents. She knew that Yuri had got there already and she missed her.

She sat down restlessly, hugging her knees, she can only comfort herself now. 

"Please know that I love your daughter so much. And I regret hurting her. If I need to dedicate my whole life just for her forgiveness, I will. Because that's how much I love her. But please just for today. Please help me find her. Please." She cries.

She had no choice but to leave again after staying there without seeing Yuri. Trying her luck she drove away going to Gapyeong hoping she could see her in Nami Island. But when she got there, the ferry ride was already closed. It was unusual since it normally closes at around 9:30 pm, and she got there a few minutes past eight.

Just what are the ing chances for us. Really. She thought as she started to lose her patience, feeling the frustration all over her body.

A message from Sooyoung:

"Hi Jess, how was it? Sorry but, she still hasn't called yet. If ever, you can meet us at the Diner. We'll be there until closing. See you!" 

A message from Irene:

"Unnie, did you find her? I really hope you'll see each other this time." 

She didn't reply to anyone. She didn't know what to say.

 

There's no other place to go. She's done enough, she thought but she still can't give up. She still has four hours left to finally accept her defeat if nothing really happens.

Where else could you be at this time, Love? She thought.

She was so tired. Both physically, mentally, and emotionally. She decided to call Irene to pick up the car when she parked around Myeongdong.

"Unnie, just update me please." Irene said, holding the open car door of the driver's seat.

"I will."

She wears her baseball cap and starts to walk to nowhere with nothing on her mind except Yuri.

 

Walking around the city alone breaks her heart even more. Seeing the face of Yuri everywhere makes her feel so hopeful yet hopeless at the same time. It will never be enough seeing her woman in prints.

A huge electronic billboard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter