X - Without You

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica felt crazier when she got back to Seoul. Yuri was right. When she came to their apartment, that was the only time she saw that Yuri's things were gone. From the clothes, shoes, notebooks, and books, toys that were displayed on the shelf, Yuri's trophies, and their framed photos, all gone. She never noticed. Not a single time she noticed that everything about Yuri had left their home and it broke her. She tried visiting Yuri's old apartment but she's never there. She even took a peek at the diner and the cafe but she was unlucky.

Where else can she be this time? She thought.

She was sure that she's ready to face the consequences but she's got nothing to start off with. She needs to find Yuri at the soonest possible time. She couldn't wait anymore and she doesn't want to waste more time. She doesn't want to miss more chances of trying to fix whatever can be fixed between them. But, she didn't know what to do.

She feels so lost without Yuri.

It's been a week and she still couldn't get a hold of Yuri. The woman's phone is still unreachable and all her calls to Sooyoung were diverted to Yeri's. Yeri couldn't answer a single question because she knows nothing about Yuri. Hence, Jessica continues to call her hoping she'll have something about her lover.

 

The following weekend, she got exhausted from working so she left immediately before lunchtime. She strolled around the finest restaurants and shops in Cheongdam then decided to have lunch at an Italian restaurant. When she entered the place, she saw Sooyoung talking to someone who looked like discussing something from a look-book she's holding.

She felt nervous. She knows that Sooyoung has been very warm-hearted to anyone but surely, the woman knows when to show her fighter side if you wronged her or anyone close to her. Jessica already expected that Sooyoung is mad at her. She anticipated that Yuri must have told her everything that happened. And that could also be the reason why she thinks Sooyoung's avoiding her. But she's the only option she has now to find Yuri. She can't miss this chance.

Jessica walked around their table to get Sooyoung's attention and she succeeded. Their eyes met and both smiled at each other. She felt hopeful.

She sat at the next table and ordered a drink. 

 

When Sooyoung's done with her business, Jessica went to her even with hesitation.

"Hi, Soo." She greeted her and tried to smile. She felt shameful but, there's nothing can do right now or else, she'll completely lose herself if she won't find Yuri. She's just keeping her hopes up that the woman would greet her back and welcome her somehow.

Sooyoung smiled and stood up to hug her. She was surprised by the gesture.

"Jess. Please have a seat." Jessica obliged and sat across Sooyoung.

 

"How are you?" Jessica asked.

"I'm good. Really busy for the wedding." Sooyoung answered in a positive tone.

Jessica's brows raised in surprise. She already forgot about Sooyoung's wedding. "Right. The wedding. How's the preparation?"

Sooyoung calls the waiter for the menu.

"Well, tiring but we're almost ready. Just need to finalize some things then all good to go." She answered cheerfully.

"That's good to hear." Jessica answered with a smile.

"You're still invited, you know," a waiter handed Sooyoung the menu and the woman picked something to order. Jessica wasn't sure how to respond to Sooyoung. "Steak is okay with you?" She asked.

Jessica smiled as she nodded.

"That's all, thanks," Sooyoung said to the waiter then he left.

"You're still invited, I said. I'm not changing my mind." Sooyoung said as she smiled sincerely as her fingers intertwined on the table.

Jessica couldn't answer and just let out a smile feeling thankful though.

"How long have you been here?" Sooyoung asked.

"Oh, hmm...-- about two weeks now."

"Two weeks?" Sooyoung was surprised. "Really? You were not on the news."

Usually, a day or even before the days of Jessica's arrival, she's already in every news as if she wanted everyone to know that she's coming.

"Well, I had to shut the media off. I don't want to add them to my stress list."

Sooyoung chuckled.

"I left LA on Yu--Yuri's birthday."

There, she mentioned the reason why she wanted to talk to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung rested her back on the backrest and sat comfortably. "I see," She answered shortly.

Jessica wanted to talk to her about Yuri so badly that she's willing to do everything just to find Yuri. She may be unsure that Sooyoung will tell her anything but at least she tried. It's been hard for her. She didn't want to lose herself so even if there is one percent probability that Sooyoung will say something, she's willing to take a chance on that. She's willing to gamble even if she knows she may not win. A first for the great Jessica Jung who always wins at everything.

"Soo, you're not-- you're not avoiding me are you?" Jessica asked as her brows furrowed. Hoping she's wrong all this time since all her calls to Sooyoung were diverted.

"Ya! Why would I avoid you?" Sooyoung was surprised. Her brows raised. "If I was avoiding you, I wouldn't have told you that I was with Yuri when you called."

Jessica sighed in relief. "Oh, okay... but, I've been calling you since I got here and all my calls were transferred to Yeri."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter