XXV - Until Then

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Long Chapter Ahead**

 

Yuri's friends have been staying at the penthouse since that day. Even Heize was convinced to stay there for Taeyeon and Yuri. Since she came home, Yuri was silent. She didn't talk to anyone even when Taeyeon kept on boggling her, she still didn't say a word. She hasn't left her room since she came home. She would take a bath then lay on her bed again to rest. Sooyoung would always prepare her food but she only had a few bites or at times, she wouldn't touch it.

"Yul..." Taeyeon softly calls, sitting on the bed behind Yuri caressing the woman's back. "It's dinner time now. Join us, please? You haven't had anything since the morning. You're gonna get sick."

Yuri didn't answer.

Taeyeon sighed heavily. "Okay Bud, we'll save a part for you so you can eat later." She gave a few taps on the shoulder then walked out of the room.

 

Everyone in the dining area looked at Taeyeon after she closed the door.

"Still nothing?" Hyoyeon asked.

Taeyeon shook her head while her lips pouted.

"Soo, it's been a week." Sunny was worried of course. 

Suddenly, a door knob clicked and they all looked in one direction -- Yuri's room. They saw her getting out of the room then went straight to the living room. They didn't say a word. They continued to stare at her as she crouched on the sofa hugging her knees with eyes pinned on the coffee table.

Hyoyeon, as expected with her natural jokester personality, lifted her plate that made her company look at her. Taeyeon mouthed  'Hyo, what the hell?!' Hyoyeon didn't answer and instead made a gesture, encouraging everyone to bring their plates too. She then went to the living area and joined Yuri. The rest didn't have a choice but shook their heads and followed their crazy friend.

Taeyeon gets a separate plate then starts to fill it with food.

"Yul, you need to eat." She says as she puts the plate in front of Yuri. "Please, just a few bites. You don't have to finish everything."

"It's fine Bud. Thanks." Finally, Yuri said something. She sits on the floor like everyone then starts eating. Her friends just looked at her and when they felt that she's got the appetite to eat, they continued emptying their plates.

After the dinner, Yuri had asked them to drink. Taeyeon took over Yuri's interest and gave her a white wine instead of her usual whiskey. She knows that the woman won't stop drinking the hard liquor once it hits .

"Yul, do... Do you want me to change your partner in the entourage?" Yuri looked at Sooyoung with her tired eyes and bugs under them that say she hasn't slept properly the whole week.

"I mean, I can have Yoona to replace her. If that'll make you somehow comfortable."

Yuri took a sip from her glass then sighed heavily. "It's fine Soo. I don't want you to worry about that. But,"

It took a moment for Yuri to complete her sentence.

"But, I want you to brace yourselves. I don't know what's going to happen but I guess we should all prepare."

Yuri looks at Soo and holds her hand on the couch. "Don't worry Soo, I won't make a scene or anything to ruin your special day. I just don't know what's going to happen after. I just thought at least, we are all prepared."

"Don't worry Yul. I already saw it coming. And I already talked to Kyung-ho about it and he understood."

"I'm sorry Soo."

"Don't be. I understand. Always." They shared a loving smile at each other.

"So, I guess we are all set for next week's big event." Hyoyeon happily comments.

 

The week passed with Yuri staying at the penthouse the whole day. She would still spend more time alone inside her room but at least, she gets to join them for supper. Taeyeon also joined her in her smoking session at the terrace but didn't go at her pace. Taeyeon only smoked a few times and sometimes, her presence and stories fill the smoke that could have gone through . Yuri was fine with that. She understood since Heize was there. 

 

They are all at the Hilton Hotel in Busan the day before the wedding. Sooyoung and Kyung-ho only invited their family and close relatives. Sooyoung's gang, including Yoona, Dr. Min-young, and The Brewed. Some of her closest friends in the entertainment industry while Kyung-ho invited his friends and workmates from the hospital. They both observe the garden wedding set-up and other details needed for the big day. Taeyeon had her time rehearsing her song and Hyoyeon did a few technical and sound checks for her mixers and spinners intended for the after-party. Yuri didn't want to do a soundcheck so Taeyeon did that for her.

The night was busy with everyone doing their thing leaving Yuri at the bar area having drinks alone.

She didn't know that Jessica was already in the hotel too. She didn't want to know about that. She knows herself too much. She couldn't give in. Not now when everything between them is a complete mess.

Jessica decided to have a drink too with Irene but when she immediately saw Yuri's back on the counter, she skipped a heartbeat. Then every part of her body seems to ache with sudden dizziness and heavy breathing manifesting. It was late for her to notice that tears had escaped her eyes which she immediately wiped off. Fighting the urge to join her lover, she then left and went outside.

The night view of the Yellow Sea and the temperate cool wind that blows her skin add up to how cold the nights were for her. She once lost her burning light who always warmed her. She doesn't even know if she can ever take her back.

Yoona stood distant behind her. Her parents didn't need to tell her anything. She knew exactly what's happening and what they're going through. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't choose. She'll never.

She walked towards Jessica and slowly wrapped her arms around her mother's waist.

"I love you Moms." She whispered while resting her chin on Jessica's shoulder. She felt both hands hold her arms, rubbing onto them. "Whatever happens, know that I love you."

Endless tears finally escaped Jessica's eyes and her daughter just held her tighter. Somehow, it felt like Yuri's arms. The warmth that Yoona gives her feels like the extension of what Yuri could give.

Of Yuri's love.

It was that special connection that the three of them have. For now, this is enough for her. She knew she'll somehow sleep with peace after all the restless and almost sleepless nights she had for the past two weeks.

 

The following morning is hectic. People come and go from Sooyoung's room almost all the time. Both her room and the connected room were noisy with the sound of buzzing blowers, heels steps, people's laughter, and camera shutter.

Everyone's all set at noon just in time for the scheduled pre-wedding photo session. With Taeyeon and Yuri looking sleek, twinning an off-white suit with a golden flower brooch on the left side of their chest. Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Heize all look lovely in their off-shoulder off-white laced long dress. 

"Yul," Sooyoung walked towards her as Yuri looked outside the window.

Yuri's lips stretched to a beaming smile looking at her best friend slash manager. "Wow. Just wow Soo!"

Sooyoung slowly turns as she exhibits her long v-neck sleeve and backless lace tulle wedding dress.

They both shared good laughter after.

"That's what I want to see later, Yul." Sooyoung held her face. "That beautiful smile of yours that I miss."

Yuri smirked with tight lips.

"Yul, I only have a request. Just... think about me and let go of everything you're thinking of right now. Think about how happy I am today. How happy you are for me. You're happy for me right?"

"Of course, Soo." She held Sooyoung's waist with both her hands. "I am so happy for you. I just can't express it but I really am."

"Good. So, we're settled. Just think about that okay? I only want you to smile today. And tomorrow, let's drink everything away. Okay?"

Yuri smiled then nodded. She pulls Sooyoung for a warm embrace. "Congratulations Soo. I love you so much!" She whispered.

"Thanks, Yul! Love you too."

 

All the members of the entourage are already waiting in the garden a few minutes before 3 o'clock except for Jessica. Guests are starting to fill in the seats and the band is doing last-minute sound checks.

Yuri suddenly felt a pat on her shoulder. She looked back and saw a woman.

She smiled and heaved a sigh of relief seeing the person. "Boss,"

"Chef," Tiffany stood there smiling back at her. She fixes Yuri's collar then taps her shoulder.

"Handsome Chef as always." Her compliments made Yuri giggle.

"How are you?"

"I've been better, I guess."

They both shared a smile and they knew that everything was settled.

"It's been great to see you." Yuri said in a calm tone.

The coordinator calls their attention to finally line up according to the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter