XI - Glimpse

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon fetched them at the airport riding a van with Yuri's driver-bodyguard, Siwon. Their luggage was left in another vehicle going straight to Yuri's penthouse.

The ride from the airport wasn't silent. They all shared their stories with their two friends who missed the trip. And as expected, they all had their laughter too as they told their funny stories while they were on tour.

In between breaks from their conversations, Yuri would zone out unintentionally. Not because she's thinking about Jessica but more like, she still feels tired. She's been thinking about the things she could do to ease the tiredness she feels. There was a time when she told Sooyoung that she's ready to go back to work but her manager-friend knows her way better. Sooyoung knows that she's still not ready.

"Yuri-yah, we're here." Sunny said. 

Yuri didn't answer and just stared at the window. Her friends look at her with worry.

"Bud," Taeyeon taps her lap. "we're here."

Yuri snapped out from her thoughts. "Oh, really?" She looked around until her eyes got fixed on the café across the position of their van.

"It's closing time now, right Yul? Sooyoung asked.

Yuri hummed in response as her eyes searched for something, someone.

A few moments later, Yuri smiled having a glimpse of a woman who's cleaning up the table outside. She's wearing a knitted beige turtleneck sweater under a dark brown apron. A pair of black denim jeans and boots. The woman smiled that made her eyes into a crescent moon shape as she bid goodbye to the customers. The woman went inside and flips the signage on the door to 'Sorry, we're Closed'.

Yuri continues to stare at her while her friends all share glances then shake their heads.

"Bud, c'mon! Prank time!" Taeyeon said.

 

All of them are wearing a baseball cap and a black face mask. They're all in different warm clothes. Taeyeon and Yuri are twinning with their denim jackets. Sooyoung and Sunny in black trench coats. Hyoyeon in her black leather jacket.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stood at the doorstep with Taeyeon and Sunny behind them and Yuri at most. 

Hyoyeon knocks on the door but the woman inside shook her head, mouthing that they're closed already. Hyoyeon didn't stop and knocked again. The woman repeats her gesture. Sooyoung then joined in knocking on the door with Hyoyeon. The woman smiled despite feeling annoyed then stood by the door. 

"We're closed already, sorry." The woman said.

The three behind are holding back their laughter as they all bow their heads down.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon continue to knock on the door until finally, the woman opens the door a little.

"Sorry, but--"

The woman was cut off with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon pushing the door and walking inside followed by the three. The woman was shocked and started to feel the panic in her body.

"Wait... Wait, I said we're already closed." The woman said nervously as she walked backward.

The gang walked until the woman's back reached the counter.

They stopped and didn't talk for a moment as the woman stared at them in fear.

Hyoyeon was the first to remove her cap and mask. "Stephanie, Annyeong!" Then Sooyoung followed.

"Fany-ah!!!" Sooyoung shouted with both her arms spread wide as if asking for a hug.

"Ya!!!!" Tiffany yelled. Her hand on her chest and other hand hold on to the counter. "Are you trying to kill me?" She said,

The two women in front of her hugged her and patted her head. Taeyeon and Sunny also took off their masks and caps as they laughed so hard.

"Fany, I miss you!" Taeyeon said and went to her for a hug.

"Miss me? You were just here a week ago, Taeyeon."

Sunny hugged her too and she couldn't stop laughing.

"Ya! Sunny! Stop it! Not funny, really! You all almost gave me a heart attack!" Tiffany shakes her head.

"By the way, you have a visitor," Taeyeon said and looked at Yuri who's standing near the door. She's still with her mask and cap on.

Yuri removes her mask, "Hi, Sef." She smiles beautifully as she stares at Tiffany.

Tiffany was surprised to see Yuri for the first time in a long while. She's been worried since the news came out that Yuri's back in Seoul and hasn't heard anything from the woman until today. A lot of things happened the past year and it's been a hard time too for Tiffany. She needed Yuri but she knew what Yuri's going through while she's in LA. A lot of times passed that Tiffany wanted to talk to Yuri about things, share her problems for both business and love life but she didn't want to add to Yuri's stress. So, even if she wanted to talk to Yuri for hours whenever the woman calls her, she always has their conversation with a simple hi and hello and would tell Yuri that she's busy. There were times when she would type a long message to Yuri but all ended up unsent and just straight to her notes.

Without a word, Tiffany ran to her and hugged her tightly. She must have missed her favorite barista and chef so much. But more than that, she missed her best friend. The one she shares a common interest with when it comes to food, art, and music. The one with whom she never gets offended when she hears straightforward manner opinions. The one who makes her laugh. The one who completely understands her mood swings. The one who respects her time. The one who cares for her, genuinely. The one she used to love -- or maybe, still love.

Seeing Yuri is what she wanted all this time. 

 

They both stood there holding each other and their friends were just staring at them heartily.

"Hey, you're crying?" Yuri asks, trying to loosen her hold but Tiffany continues to hug her tight. She gently pats Tiffany's head as the woman continues to cry. "I'm here now, okay?"

When they both release the hug, Yuri fixes Tiffany's hair that starts to cover her face. Tiffany continues to cry and sniff. Then suddenly, she poked Yuri's chest.

"Ya!" Yuri yelled in pain as her hand touched the spot that Tiffany hit.

"I hate you!" Tiffany frowned.

Yuri smiled, "Hate me more." and hugged her again. Their friends chuckled while looking at them.

"Yuri Unnie!!!" A woman came rushing to Yuri and hugged her.

"Aigoo! My Seohyun-ah!" Yuri hugged the girl happily. "Have you been well?" 

"Yes Unnie," Seohyun answered cheerfully, still clinging on to Yuri. "but I've missed you. How are you?"

"I'm okay." Yuri shortly answered with a smile.

 

Yuri's other workmates, The Brewed as they call their group, came in to greet her and her friends. They all felt joyful seeing their Unnie finally home. 

They didn't waste more time as Taeyeon invited them to Yuri's birthday celebration. All of them helped each other to check on everything and close the café immediately.

Meanwhile, Mina Eomma and some of her helpers from the diner are busy preparing the food and grilling-setup at Yuri's old apartment. Yeri and her team have just finished the decorations. As Taeyeon requested, ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter