XVII - The Shameless Past

Choosing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

**Long Chapter Ahead**

 

 

As much as Jessica wanted to sleep during the ride, she chose not to. Even with her tired eyes, she chose to stay awake and not waste her precious time with Yuri. They still won't talk to each other but their hands say it all. Surprisingly, Yuri's hands have stopped shaking and her breathing has gone back to normal now. Their pairs of black and white oxford leather shoes are in sync, stomping at every beat of the music. 

Dancing on the Moon starts playing and Jessica chuckles out of the blue.

"Why?" Yuri asked.

Jessica shakes her head still holding her laugh that made Yuri giggle.

"Jessica, why?"

"I just-- I just remembered when this song suddenly played while I was packing for Paris, and you were taking a bath. You went out and started dancing to this then you got annoyed because I pushed you back to the bathroom. In the end, you grabbed me and got wet with my clothes on."

Yuri smiled so big remembering that moment.

"Ahh really! Kwon Yuri! You're really something!" Jessica lets out her suppressed laugh.

"Yeah right. You can laugh all you want. Just admit that you miss that." Yuri said while smiling and shaking her head.

Jessica's laugh starts to fade. She was dumbfounded thinking if Yuri meant the dancing part or what happened after, inside the bathroom. She gulped then looked at Yuri who's just smiling. Well, it's been so long since Yuri touched her. It's been so long since the last time she saw Yuri's impressive build. Of course, she misses that. She was too busy working and just taking care of her body physically that she already forgot she needed more than that. It's been a while since the last time they made love.

Out of all the guys she dated, Yuri was really something. She'll never forget that time when Yuri told her that, whenever they do it, it was never . It was making love. And true enough, with Yuri, she felt more extraordinary. Yuri holds her like the most fragile thing in the world. The passionate kisses were long enough to make her feel needed. The warm cuddle and long talks after, even if they're tired, made her feel loved and appreciated. Both of them will doze off in each other's arms feeling content. It was making love after all.

I miss it. She thought, looking at Yuri. I miss you so much, Love.

She smiled then shakes her head, brushing the thought off her mind. She looks at their holding hands and looks at Yuri again. She lays her head on Yuri's shoulder and wraps her arm around her waist. Yuri didn't mind. She wasn't even surprised by the gesture. It felt natural. It felt expected.

The smile didn't leave their lips. Somehow they enjoy this bliss, hoping it won't end soon.

 

They arrived at Jade Garden just in time for the party. It eventually became a dinner party since some VIP guests couldn't make it at an earlier time. The whole place is closed as reserved by the Jungs. The entrance was dressed up with hundreds of string lights hanging. The shaped shrubs are all lighted in different colors highlighting the façade of the building.

They were both smiling stepping out of the car. Jessica checks on Yuri and fixes her suit. The same goes with Yuri fixing her hair. Their hands didn't let go of their hold. Sooyoung and Irene went to the both of them and handed them their black trench coats. It was actually a pair. Jessica bought it for them in London when they visited the place one time.

Sooyoung surely noticed Yuri's bright mood. Whatever happened inside the car, she was happy enough to see her friend smiling and feeling good. She pats Yuri's back and they both exchange glances. They both knew what it meant. No need for words.

 

They both took off their trench coats the moment they entered the building. The space was designed in a rustic theme. With wooden tables and chairs, canvas tablecloth, gold candle holders, and hanging lamps complement them. There's a small platform in front of a LED wall that displays the logo of Jung Group of Companies.

 

​​Yuri knows a few VIPs by name and most just by face. She probably met them at Jung's party in the past that pretty much she didn't enjoy. But thanks to Jessica who always talks to her as if she never runs out of stories to tell. Sometimes her woman would drag her somewhere private where it's just the two of them. She would hug her as she continued to talk to her. Sometimes they'd kiss, which always made Yuri feel nervous thinking if someone might see them. Most of the time, they don't finish the party. Jessica would tell her to go somewhere and spend their time there rather than at the boring party. 

She's also used to seeing Jessica's ex-boyfriends at parties like this since their families have business ties. Tyler Kwon and Lee Dong-wook are fine. Those guys have been nice to her ever since they met her. They would greet Yuri with a handshake or a hug and talk to her about stuff. She didn't mind. Those guys are cool. Besides, she knows that Jessica remained friends with them and nothing more than that. After all, they have history. They're friends and that's okay.

 

"Kwon Yuri is here everybody!" Mr. Jung shouted with joy that caught the attention of the guests. It made Yuri smile shamefully as she lightly scratched her forehead. He always greets her like that after welcoming her daughter. Always with pride and gratitude. She's her daughter's hero after all. ​​

"Mr. Jung." Yuri gave a nod and gave in to the welcoming arms of the man. He would always hug Yuri tight then pat her back a few times.

"Oh, my Yuri." Mrs. Jung greets her too with a tight hug.

They would talk there for a few minutes asking Yuri a bunch of questions about work, Mina Eomma, and of course, about Jessica. Even when VIPs start arriving, they'd always make sure to talk to Yuri first every time they see her. Indeed, she is loved by the Jungs.

"Unnie," Krystal greets Jessica walking towards them. Jessica hugs her and pecks their cheeks. This is the first time they see each other since they came back to Seoul. Krystal was busy filming and doing brand promotions out of town so they really didn't have the time to catch up personally. The tension between them has pacified without being discussed.

"Yuri Unnie," Yuri greets her back with a smile and a warm embrace.

The Jungs and Yuri stood there talking and undistracted by their surroundings. They would laugh at something and share their smiles from time to time. It's a great time to start the party.

 

As part of the routine, Yuri will be introduced again to the same VIP guests she won't remember a single name after. Roaming around meeting people doesn't tire her with Jessica beside her and not letting go of their hands. It felt like the old days for her that she hoped wouldn't end. She hopes it's this easy to go back to how they were.

 

They are now seated at their respective table which is of course with the Jungs. Yuri immediately asks for a glass of wine for the two of them. They clinked their glasses then drank.

Jessica felt comfortable with her and just enjoyed their time together. She continues to cling on her, lays her head on her shoulder, even pushes her head to the crook of her neck, and would hold her face like how she does... Always.

And as expected, Yuri didn't mind. She felt comfortable too. For a moment, they are back to the old them. They're back to how happy and in love they are.

 

A loud laugh from a man who just arrived caught their attention. And the moment Yuri lays her eyes on him, she immediately feels the boiling blood inside her. 

Ok Taecyeon.

Jessica's ex-boyfriend. The very first and her childhood friend.

How can she ever forget that arrogant man?

He was there at the hospital after the incident. He was pushing himself to stay inside the room while Yuri and Jessica talked. If not for Jessica, they wouldn't have time of their own. 

It was that man who looked down on her when she first arrived in Seoul, telling her to just go back to where she came from because she doesn't belong to Jessica's world. He was also the guy who paid the media to release news about her wanting Jung's money after her relationship with Jessica was publicized.

Tyler and Dong-wook hate him but they always present themselves to him properly as a courtesy whenever the guy talks to them as if they're close friends. As much as they want to avoid him, the man just comes after them.

Yuri cracks her neck and sits upright. Juggles her knee as she breathes through her nose.

"Love," Jessica's hand reached for Yuri's face then started caressing it gently. "you okay?" She asked, noticing the change in Yuri's posture and mood.

"Yeah. I'm okay, don't worry." Yuri answered plainly.

Mr. Jung starts his speech by welcoming and thanking the guests. He also never forgets to recognize Yuri's presence, thanking her for taking good care of their daughter and being the face of B&E that truly helped their stocks skyrocket.

After the speech, there's always a video being played containing the accomplishments of the company in the business world. Extended help to some organizations and foundations from around the world is also exhibited in the video. Mr. Jung gave a few announcements after and one made Yuri snap.

"As you know, the Oks are a close friend of ours. And to my eldest, Jessica, well, it's not yet confirmed but, we're talking about them joining us for the launching of Blanc and Eclare in Paris. Aren't you excited about that?" Mr. Jung announced. Jessica smiled as she held Yuri's hand tighter. The guests applauded with Taecyeon standing and waving to them. He raised a glass while looking at Jessica. The woman obliged but didn't drink. Yuri fists her other hand and glares at the man. 

After that, the remaining hours will pass with the VIPs talking to one another about anything that involves them while enjoying the dinner.

 

They were having their drinks when suddenly, Mr. Jung pulled Jessica from their table. It was fine with Yuri. This normally happens. She might be introduced to some VIPs or possible investors. Yuri understands that.

She saw Sooyoung drinking alone at a cocktail table at the back. She stood up with her glass of wine then walked to her manager.

"Yul, I already found someone, thanks to Tiffany. I'm just confirming your schedule with Min-Young Unnie." Sooyoung s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter